Am I just really unlucky? (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Monday, May 25, 2015, 01:56 (3231 days ago)

I know I don't play Destiny much, I've only logged about 75 hours, but in that time I've only landed maybe 5 Legendary engrams max. Only reason it bothers me right about now is my friend who pretty much never plays has gotten 3 today, and another the last time he played. Is it just me?

Random is random

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, May 25, 2015, 02:11 (3231 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Don't take it personally. RNG is just a bitch and will always be a bitch.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on.

- Michael Scott

Don't take it personally.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, May 25, 2015, 02:19 (3231 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

I've played hundreds of hours and I still haven't gotten that goddamn jellyhorn.

Am I just really unlucky?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:15 (3231 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

I find the legendary engrams to be rare.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, May 25, 2015, 16:13 (3230 days ago) @ Kermit

I find the rare engrams to be legendary.

Do you play the odds?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:30 (3231 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

How many times have you been in a Raid or Nightfall type game?

Do you play the odds?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 25, 2015, 12:14 (3231 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That's the key, right there. Legendary engrams do drop during patrol and story missions, but they're extremely rare. If you play Nightfalls, vanguard ROC and Dragon strikes, weekly and daily heroics, you'll see a steady stream of legendary engrams. Plus you'll be ranking-up your vanguard and Cryptarch level, which grants you legendary engrams some of the time.

Raids don't drop legendary engrams, but they do yield legendary raid items: armor, weapons, ships, and class items.

Do you play the odds?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 25, 2015, 12:56 (3231 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That's the key, right there. Legendary engrams do drop during patrol and story missions, but they're extremely rare. If you play Nightfalls, vanguard ROC and Dragon strikes, weekly and daily heroics, you'll see a steady stream of legendary engrams. Plus you'll be ranking-up your vanguard and Cryptarch level, which grants you legendary engrams some of the time.

Raids don't drop legendary engrams, but they do yield legendary raid items: armor, weapons, ships, and class items.

Raids also(for some reason) help increase Legendary Engrams out in the wild. Every time I finish a Raid, within 15 minutes of starting Patrol, one just drops right onto the floor. It's amazing!

by ProbablyLast, Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:35 (3231 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

I haven't come across many legendary engrams while playing Destiny, and I play way too much.

Terrible RNG based loot system is terrible

by Kahzgul, Monday, May 25, 2015, 15:47 (3230 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

- No text -

He got a fifth that day. And another today doing the daily.

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 01:36 (3229 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

I really hate this game.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread