Faction Rep Affecting Drops Now? (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:37 (3230 days ago)

My Titan's Dead Orbit rank is 12, FWC 2, and New Monarchy 5. Since HoW release, Dead Orbit has been showering me with gifts. Got a AR, shotgun, HMG, arms and chest already. Nothing from New Monarchy, and a chest from FWC.

Anyone else seeing this? Or is it RNG gonna RNG?

Faction Rep Affecting Drops Now?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:39 (3230 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

My Titan's Dead Orbit rank is 12, FWC 2, and New Monarchy 5. Since HoW release, Dead Orbit has been showering me with gifts. Got a AR, shotgun, HMG, arms and chest already. Nothing from New Monarchy, and a chest from FWC.

Anyone else seeing this? Or is it RNG gonna RNG?

My Dead Orbit and New Monarchy are both at 0 and I've gotten 2 New Monarchy weapons and 1 Dead Orbit weapon, so I'm guessing it's just RNG.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:00 (3230 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah, I'd agree. I had a couple New Monarchy RLs drop for my Titan, and he's got 0 rep with them.

Random drops are random drops. As far as I'm aware, the only way rep is relevant to any items you receive is when you rank up a faction and get a reward package.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:42 (3230 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

My Dead Orbit is pretty high, and they've been giving me mostly nothing lately.

I got a single ascendant shard for rank 21 dead orbit. :/

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:23 (3230 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

That new HMG from DO...love it.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:33 (3230 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Mostly I prefer the high stability, high impact, slow RoF types (like deviant gravity)...but the scope on that new DO one, coupled with a solid stability perk (rodeo, baby) and you've got a laser of doom there.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread