Mark Of the Unborked. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 25, 2015, 21:09 (3249 days ago)

I really should get one. ;-)

Prison of Elders is awesome. Just wished consumables worked.

Mark Of the Unborked.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:18 (3249 days ago) @ Morpheus

Yeah, I don't get that. There are much more productive farming spots so disabling glimmer doesn't make sense. I also noticed that many of the PvE bounties don't work in PoE, like headshots and killing majors. There's faster ways to farm those, but I would rather complete them while having fun in PoE.

Mark Of the Unborked.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:32 (3249 days ago) @ bluerunner

Yeah, I don't get that. There are much more productive farming spots so disabling glimmer doesn't make sense. I also noticed that many of the PvE bounties don't work in PoE, like headshots and killing majors. There's faster ways to farm those, but I would rather complete them while having fun in PoE.

The problem is that people would just join a 28 PoE, get match made, then bail as soon as the bounties were done, leaving a poor sap or two behind to deal with everything, which is fairly crappy, and it would pretty much be a guarantee. Look at what people would do when the "three Walkers" bounty was around.

Mark Of the Unborked.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:34 (3249 days ago) @ Korny

The problem is that people would just join a 28 PoE, get match made, then bail as soon as the bounties were done, leaving a poor sap or two behind to deal with everything, which is fairly crappy, and it would pretty much be a guarantee. Look at what people would do when the "three Walkers" bounty was around.

Kind of off topic, but I want this.

I got this... several times....

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:53 (3249 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Had people quit on me and got to play entire rounds by myself. Kinda fun in that Halo 2 Legendary kind of way...

Mark Of the Unborked.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 14:40 (3248 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You debate about the efficiency of farming for objectives. And you soapbox about the precious economy of the solar system.

Didn't a single person come here to marvel at my perfect first game?

Oh, you won?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 14:45 (3248 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Mark Of the Unborked.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 14:48 (3248 days ago) @ Morpheus

Disqualified!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:16 (3248 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I didn't say my 'first perfect game'. I said 'perfect first game'.

All those links are good, but you only get one first time, baby.

A very unforgiving girl taught me that when I was 15.

Ah, that makes sense.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:23 (3248 days ago) @ Morpheus

I didn't say my 'first perfect game'. I said 'perfect first game'.

All those links are good, but you only get one first time, baby.

A very unforgiving girl taught me that when I was 15.

...yay?

Mark Of the Unborked.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:42 (3249 days ago) @ Korny

I've had people bail in level 28 PoE, and have had matchmaking join someone in to fill their spot. I don't see level 28 PoE being any different than a level 28 strike. People come and go out of those. In fact, I saw somewhere that the level 28 PoE counts as a strike for the Bad Juju bounty. If that's the case, then it should be treated as a strike in terms of glimmer and bounties. It also does not have engrams dropping from enemies.

Mark Of the Unborked.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:54 (3249 days ago) @ bluerunner

I've had people bail in level 28 PoE, and have had matchmaking join someone in to fill their spot. I don't see level 28 PoE being any different than a level 28 strike. People come and go out of those. In fact, I saw somewhere that the level 28 PoE counts as a strike for the Bad Juju bounty. If that's the case, then it should be treated as a strike in terms of glimmer and bounties. It also does not have engrams dropping from enemies.

If you could get bounties and glimmer from POE you'd have less incentive to go to patrol or run strikes as much. There would still be SOME reason to do them (mats and marks come to mind) but I don't think that is enough.

Everything that is added to this game is a careful balancing act, adding just enough new content to keep you playing the older content.

Shards and Energy are either no longer rewarded or drop way less frequently for pubic events too, or at least I'm not getting them haha. So outside of Raid gear and pre HoW weapons they aren't worth as much, seemingly. Coins and motes seem to be very valuable now though!

It's interesting to think how much the economy has changed since day one launch.

Mark Of the Unborked.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 04:11 (3248 days ago) @ bluerunner

Sure from a personal standpoint, I'm sure a few of the more devoted folks around here wouldn't mind, but you have to think of other people too. Not everyone tackles Dragon or Weeklies for fun, blasting past enemies long-memorized. If I recall, weren't you the one complaining a while back about idlers making the experience tougher and frustrating for you?

It's the same thing with people complaining about the portion of the Undying Mind strike where you don't get awarded glimmer, but as has been pointed out, the experience is a balancing act when it comes to farming locations, and a matchmaking experience (and one that throws tons of enemies at you) that allowed for farming would throw everything off balance in terms of the experience that other players who AREN'T farming would get. As I said, the Walker bounty ended up with lots of people tackling Sepiks alone until they gave up, and I doubt that Bungie wants to support that.

You will probably say "well what about the 32-35 versions?" And to that I say that such a thing would kill player population elsewhere if you could just easily farm tons and tons of goods. As it is currently, the most effective farming location (Exclusion Zone) is a bit tedious and limiting. A PoE run is not...

Mark Of the Unborked.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 12:35 (3248 days ago) @ Korny

My point is, there are far better places to farm, so if farming is your goal, PoE isn't the place to be. Why pop a glimmer consumable if you're only fighting 3 waves of a fixed number of enemies and them moving on? Same thing with killing majors bounties. If you're just playing to get those bounties, there are far quicker places to do it than the level 28 PoE. I don't forsee people going in just to complete those bounties or farm glimmer and then dropping out midway through, especially since they would be giving up the chests at the end.

Your walker bounty example isn't the same because there weren't faster ways to get that one. That's why it was a problem. Same thing with that one area on Undying Mind. It's an obvious farming spot. Show me where in the level 28 PoE is a better farming spot than what is currently available.

All I'm asking for is the ability to earn bounties and glimmer at the same rate I can in any other strike playlist. I enjoy playing PoE, but I also want to reforge and level new weapons. To do the later, I need to go farm the usual spots. I would rather just collect glimmer and bounties as I have fun.

And AFKers suck, but what bounties are they going to get out of AFKing PoE? I've already seen some, and it's funny when they get teleported right into the middle of the arena. They're not getting the walking tall bounty that way. And their AFK detection system has been doing a lot better. I rarely see one make it through a strike without being booted anymore.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread