I really, really love reforging (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, May 25, 2015, 21:49 (3230 days ago)

Two reallys! I must be serious, folks.

But seriously, for someone like me that likes to imagine a set up, build it, and then confirm if my hypothesis of doom is correct, the Gunsmith runs a gorram candy store (gun store?).

Right now I've got autoshottys of every flavor with some kind of recharge bonus (Grenadier or Army of One) and I'm working on LMGs with Surplus to compliment my raid boots and Ruin Wings.

So fun.

Also! Red Death has undergone a renaissance since HoW dropped. Fits in real nice, especially for Defender, when I can basically run LMGs as primaries.

Anyone else having similar fun? Share, if you dare.

I really, really love reforging

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, May 25, 2015, 21:53 (3230 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Two reallys! I must be serious, folks.

But seriously, for someone like me that likes to imagine a set up, build it, and then confirm if my hypothesis of doom is correct, the Gunsmith runs a gorram candy store (gun store?).

Right now I've got autoshottys of every flavor with some kind of recharge bonus (Grenadier or Army of One) and I'm working on LMGs with Surplus to compliment my raid boots and Ruin Wings.

So fun.

Also! Red Death has undergone a renaissance since HoW dropped. Fits in real nice, especially for Defender, when I can basically run LMGs as primaries.

It's cool. I just wish I could swap out some of my plasteel plating for weapon parts :/

Thanks to reforging, there are at least a few shotguns that are better than Felwinters. My new Judgement has the same impact and range (and shot-package), but double the RoF.

I wonder if there's going to be any additional incentive to earn Iron Banner weapons? This used to be the reason they were so valuable.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, May 25, 2015, 21:55 (3230 days ago) @ CyberKN

Special perks? Something particularly helpful for PvP? Just a couple ideas off the top of my head.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:14 (3230 days ago) @ CyberKN

Thanks to reforging, there are at least a few shotguns that are better than Felwinters. My new Judgement has the same impact and range (and shot-package), but double the RoF.

Dude, Judgement is a beast! And it looks like an old blunderbuss.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:14 (3230 days ago) @ CyberKN

I don't think the vendors are selling an equivalent to Timur or Ghelion. I'm working on a PvP and PvE version of each scout rifle type. The only place I see the hardest hitting scout rifle types are IB and ToO. I think I'll have better luck getting it in IB.

I've burned though all of my weapon parts and probably around 75k glimmer, and I'm probably less than halfway done with creating the weapons I want. Definitely having fun chasing the perfect roll on each.

I really, really love being invisible.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:04 (3230 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Well, I mean, you asked, so yeah. Being invisible is tits.

I really, really love being invisible.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:07 (3230 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It certainly helps when you have to revive a teammate a lot.

I just spit beer all over my wife's laptop.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:24 (3230 days ago) @ bluerunner

It certainly helps when you have to revive a teammate a lot.

Thanks, Blue.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:20 (3230 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Rocket launchers. My headcanon has always been that my Hunter uses tracking launchers, and my Titan uses things with some kind of ammo boost - surplus or tripod or whatever. Ammo boosts go nicely with Ruin wings, and the tracking launchers help the Hunter to just take a shot and disappear - it seems in character to me.

Historically I've had to just use whatever I could find that had those requirements, and this has meant that some of their launchers had a crappy secondary perk. Not anymore! I had several launchers drop this past week so I've been able to reforge them and give my Titan 3 launchers (one of each damage type) with Tripod and a decent second perk, and my Hunter 2 tracking launchers with HUGE blast radius (Arc and Void, HoC is still filling that role for Solar).

Definitely keeping HoC forever though. I love that flavor text.

by Monochron, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 00:45 (3230 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I guess I'm still confused on how random the perks actually are. I sped about 60 motes trying to get my The Chosen sniper to have low recoil, decent range, and useful other perks but I never saw anything aside from the same set of two scopes over and over again. I got some decent other perks every now and then but never saw the likes of Third Eye or Final Round. I'm hesitant to give up Final Round in PvP at all.

If reforging is going to take half of the motes that I built up for months on each weapon, it might not be worth it for me. I would love to try it out on other weapons, but I'm not sure which perks are even possible to get when reforged...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 01:27 (3230 days ago) @ Monochron

You might want to do your homework before starting. Final round and third eye are not in the perk choices for these snipers. Look your weapon up on destinydb.com before rolling.

http://www.destinydb.com/items/1103394591-the-chosen

Well, shoot

by Monochron, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 11:48 (3230 days ago) @ bluerunner

I must have missed this bit of info. I'm assuming it isn't in the game anymore, maybe it was in a Weekly Update? Either way, there are some decent options there, just looks like I haven't gotten them yet.

Well, shoot

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 12:11 (3230 days ago) @ Monochron

I don't remember where I saw it, maybe the patch notes. Destinydb.com has been really great for helping me plan on what I want when I started rerolling weapons. Unfortunately I've burned through all my weapon parts and have had to slow down on my reforging until I build up a new pile of parts.

Auto rifle FYI and more

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 02:04 (3230 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

(Disclaimer: I do not guarantee 100% accuracy of these comments, they are just some things I tested mildly casually.)

If you upgrade a High ROF (Dr Nope/Nechrochasm class) with focused fire. It appears to shoot the same rate as a mid ROF (Up4Anything) with just about 10% less damage per round.

However it will have more stability due to the slower ROF, and a huge mag in comparison to the mid rate rifles. Usually these rifles have 60-80 round mags standard. That's alot of firepower for PvE. Get Extended mag and wow.

Now if you upgrade a mid RoF rifle w/focus fire, it skips the low RoF (Vanquisher/Shadow Price) and shoots at the rate of Suros w/focus fire (very low RoF), but seems to do again, maybe 5 to 10% less damage. Most of the mid rate rifles have 28-38 rounds so that's not really better than what suros can provide you. Plus Suros has more stability and range than most of these rifles. So I wouldn't bother with it.

Here are some basic numbers I pulled on Level 2 dregs on Patrol using 331 attack value rifles.

High Rof 17B/43H
High Rof w/FF 23B/57H

Mid Rof 26B/64H
Mid RoF w/FF 34B/85H

Low RoF 32B/79H

Now even more interesting is that the Highest RoF scout rifles (Dead Shot Luna) seems to shoot the same Rate as Suros w/FF but does 62B/182H. That's alot of damage output. Got to get a good stability though to make the head shots count. I found that autos do 2.5x damage on head shots compared to body, while Scout/Pulse/HC's do 3x.

Lastly for PvP I think Pulse rifles are king (potentially). The new Allfate class does 33/bullet. That's 99 per burst potential and it will kill in 2 head shots even though I'm assuming it's 200 damage to kill. This is the same class as the strangers rifle.

Even better is the Three Little Words class. It does 38/head shot for 114 per burst potential. If I remember correctly a Timur's lash does 95/head shot for comparison.

Other interesting notes: Red death has RoF of Stranger's rifle but impact of Three little Words. And obviously Thorn and Last Word do extra damage so there's always that.

Auto rifles do 1.25X head shot damage where Scout/Pulse/HC does 1.5X on head shots.

My new Shadow scout rifle does 43H damage is crucible and fires at about the same rate as Suros which does 33 IIRC. I think that's also more than Mythoclast and I'd say mine has stability that's just like Myth.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread