Dear Cody (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:01 (3257 days ago)

Someday.

[image]

Dear Cody

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:03 (3257 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I'm more interested in Her Mercy. Looks intriguing. Pics?

Dear Cody

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:17 (3257 days ago) @ Morpheus

I've got it equipped on my Titan, have a look if you like.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018429241788/2305843009219517306

It's ironic more than anything else, because I am NOT a hand cannon player. They don't fit my play style, so other than thorn, I pretty much just toss them when I get them.

But, I decided to hold onto this one, for science. Not knowing what perks are best perks, I re-forged it until I hit something that seems like it would work for me.

This one has two stability perks (which I tend to favor) and speed reload, light weight, or more stability.

Dat stability doe...

by Monochron, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 00:47 (3257 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I sharded that as soon as I got it. Stability that low is hard to overlook, even with nice perks...

Dat stability doe...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 01:26 (3257 days ago) @ Monochron

I sharded that as soon as I got it. Stability that low is hard to overlook, even with nice perks...

We'll see. Like I said, I don't use HC's for shit, so I have no standard of reference.

But, the more people that tell me "pretty lame" just makes me want to play around with it more. Funny thing, when I hover over the stability perks, the meter gets maxed out, so......

That leaves just reloads that would kill me. But I do have some arms that counter that...

Hmm.

Dat stability doe...

by Monochron, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 11:43 (3256 days ago) @ Revenant1988

But, the more people that tell me "pretty lame" just makes me want to play around with it more. Funny thing, when I hover over the stability perks, the meter gets maxed out, so......

Oh. The Bungie site must not display it properly though. Hovering over it on the site shows a little over half full for me.

Dat stability doe...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 11:55 (3256 days ago) @ Monochron

Oh. The Bungie site must not display it properly though. Hovering over it on the site shows a little over half full for me.

I have not checked the app, keeps making chrome crash for me. I did it last night in-game.

You bring up a point though- there ARE some perks for weapons that say they do 'X' but the meters remain static, like it will be an extended range perk, or faster reload but the meter doesn't move when it's toggled on. I wonder if it is supposed to?

Dat stability doe...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 19:20 (3256 days ago) @ Revenant1988

You bring up a point though- there ARE some perks for weapons that say they do 'X' but the meters remain static, like it will be an extended range perk, or faster reload but the meter doesn't move when it's toggled on. I wonder if it is supposed to?

I think the reason for this is that some stats aren't shown, and some of the perks sound like they're affecting one of the displayed stats but are actually related to something else.

Examples:

"Stability" and "recoil" don't refer to the same thing, although they are related. Something that improves stability will reduce the magnitude of the gun's kick, something that improves recoil will make the direction of the kick less random (straight up and down, rather than up and down + side-to-side). Rodeo doesn't move the stability bar because that isn't the stat it's affecting!

Perks that say they make a weapon "harder to handle." I think a lot of people believe this affects reload speed. It actually affects the weapon swap speed, and the time it takes to aim. So again, you don't see a change in the reload bar because that isn't what's changing.

Here is a good guide.

I know you specifically gave faster reload as an example, but I still wonder if you were thinking of something like these.

Even worse: Counterbalance

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 00:00 (3256 days ago) @ stabbim

The description says it increases Stability, but actually it improves recoil and decreases Stability.

Replaces the Venation III for me

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 01:27 (3257 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I got this on my titan and compared it to the hand cannon I'd been using for him. The impact is a bit under Timur's Lash, but reasonably close -- it hits pretty hard. I ran normal crota with it yesterday and it worked well.

I had been using the Dead Orbit Venation III on my titan and found that it was stat-wise nearly identical but re-rollable. I'm going to try the initial roll and see how it goes though. It had outlaw, explosive rounds, and fleet footed on it. An intriguing mix.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018434081936/2305843009221009308

Replaces the Venation III for me

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 04:01 (3257 days ago) @ slycrel

I got this on my titan and compared it to the hand cannon I'd been using for him. The impact is a bit under Timur's Lash, but reasonably close -- it hits pretty hard. I ran normal crota with it yesterday and it worked well.

According to the compare function, my Her Mercy has the same impact as my Timur's Lash.

Edit - never mind. Looks like I'm just confused. ;)

Pretty lame. The Osiris one is better.

by Funkmon @, Monday, May 25, 2015, 23:20 (3257 days ago) @ Morpheus

Mercy is a medium magazine, medium impact HC. Like the Red Hand. I rerolled mine for Outlaw, a larger mag, and some other crap. Pretty meh, honestly. Sticking with ascended Fatebringer and Jewel of Osiris for 365 damage. At 331 damage, this isn't even in my top 3. Red Hand is better, and you can reforge an old Timur's Lash for better perks. Word of Crota is better, too. That's just current reforgable weapons.

Dear Cody

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 01:13 (3257 days ago) @ Morpheus

I got Her Mercy with a particularly interesting stat roll; it has Lightweight (grants +2 agility) as well as Battle Runner (kills increase sprint speed). It's almost like a hand cannon version of Mida Multitool. Should be useful during the Abyss :)

Dear Cody

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 02:30 (3257 days ago) @ Morpheus

I've gotten two of them from PoE. Both with promising rolls, but I'm not entirely impressed with them so far.
Once I get explosive rounds, we'll see, but they're no Devil You Know...

I'm waiting for someone to dismantle one in a gif

by Dan de Board @, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:36 (3256 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

I have a spare in my vault...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:41 (3256 days ago) @ Dan de Board

- No text -

...do it.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:44 (3256 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

DON'T LOOK, CODY

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:41 (3256 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Oh, CC is way ahead of you.

"What peasant doesn't have a hawkmoon by now? I just throw mine away when I'm done with them"

-CC probably

:o

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:45 (3256 days ago) @ Revenant1988

[image]

Hell, I'd do it even if I didn't have a spare

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 21:06 (3256 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

^Somebody REALLY hates exotic handcannons :P

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 21:11 (3256 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by CyberKN, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 21:23

...or Cody.

I don't see the point of keeping it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 21:22 (3256 days ago) @ CyberKN

1) I suck at using handcannons. Can't hit shit with Thorn, for instance.

2) Why waste an Exotic weapon slot with something I can't hit people with?

3) It'd make Cody so mad

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread