What to spend Crucible Marks on? (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 15:00 (3263 days ago)

Seriously, all of the PvP weapons look like garbage to me. Is there a Crucible mark weapon worth buying and reforging to something good, or am I better off just buying materials with them (WHY CAN'T I BUY WEAPON PARTS, BUNGIE?)?

Right now, it seems like the best pvp guns in the game are all the VoG weapons + Etheric Light. No reason to use anything else, ever. Sadly, this puts my pvp weapons at the mercy of the terrible RNG, who goddamn hates me in the VoG.

I bought spinmetal

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 15:07 (3263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Rank up one of the factions?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 15:08 (3263 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 15:15

Their vendor stock is usually pretty interesting, and they only take crucible marks.

Or just buy their armor and look fly.

^This.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 15:14 (3263 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

I have full access to all factions' stock.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:52 (3263 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

In that case, I would match Blue's recommendations.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:53 (3263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

What to spend Crucible Marks on?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 15:09 (3263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Deadshot Luna from Dead Orbit. Roll for full auto.

Judgement VI from New Monarchy. Roll for your personal tastes.

Red Hand IX from New Monarchy. It has great stability.

I have an Admonishor III also from New Monarchy. Tripod plus Grenades and Horseshoes. It's a beast.

Zero Point LOPT is a good scout rifle from the Crucible vendor. I rolled mine with full auto and third eye. It's good for larger maps.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:51 (3263 days ago) @ bluerunner

Thanks Bluerunner, I'll revisit those weapons.

Dead Orbit rocket launcher is Tripod + G&H

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:53 (3263 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

WARNING: Only picks up 3 rockets in PvP per drop.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:55 (3263 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Same as Truth, but without burning my Exotic Slot.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:51 (3263 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Even with heavy boots? Never used to do that :s

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 21:26 (3263 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Deadshot Luna Remarks

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:04 (3263 days ago) @ bluerunner

This was the first thing I bought for HoW. It's a lot of fun in general. The combo of full auto + explosive rounds is a blast. However, I would prefer to have something with more stability in a trade off for the rate of fire. I don't find it as useful as I do other weapons in the crucible.

Deadshot Luna Remarks

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:05 (3263 days ago) @ unoudid

This was the first thing I bought for HoW. It's a lot of fun in general. The combo of full auto + explosive rounds is a blast. However, I would prefer to have something with more stability in a trade off for the rate of fire. I don't find it as useful as I do other weapons in the crucible.

Too bad you don't have my High Road Soldier with the exact same perks ;)

Deadshot Luna Remarks

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:07 (3263 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Is that what I should buy as a replacement? I just need a gun with the base stats I like and then I'll reforge to get those perks

I don't know who sells High Road Soldier.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:08 (3263 days ago) @ unoudid

Mine just dropped. Like my Loner.Rebel.

Also, Loner.Rebel is good looking.

I don't know who sells High Road Soldier.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:46 (3263 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

I bought a ONE/ONE Synesthete Instead

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 15:20 (3262 days ago) @ unoudid

Very similar base stats

The ONE/ONE has higher base stability, same ROF, but lower magazine size.

My ideal roll on this will be:
- Full Auto
- High Caliber/Explosive Rounds/Hand-Laid Stock
- Hidden Hand, Zen Moment, or Third Eye

On a side note.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 15:30 (3262 days ago) @ unoudid

Very similar base stats

The ONE/ONE has higher base stability, same ROF, but lower magazine size.

My ideal roll on this will be:
- Full Auto
- High Caliber/Explosive Rounds/Hand-Laid Stock
- Hidden Hand, Zen Moment, or Third Eye

I have Icarus and hand-laid stock on my new void Frenzy, and the ability to one-shot snipe minotaurs mid-air is stupid fun. Icarus is becoming my favorite gun perk.

my two rolls for lunch

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 16:46 (3262 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I have Icarus and hand-laid stock on my new void Frenzy, and the ability to one-shot snipe minotaurs mid-air is stupid fun. Icarus is becoming my favorite gun perk.

That does sound stupid fun!

bought a second to roll since I love the RoF on these. They are as fast as you can accurate place a shot.

first roll:
Full-Auto
High Caliber Rounds
Hidden Hand

second roll:
Rodeo
Explosive Rounds / Hand-Laid Stock
Third Eye

these both sound like fun rolls. full-auto staggering and then laser accurate crucible machine

Same -- I used it for 1 crucible game and sharded it

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:08 (3263 days ago) @ unoudid

It was very interesting... but the slower rate of fire plus requiring 4-6 hits in the crucible seemed simply too slow. I think it didn't do a ton more damage than suros, but had much crappier short range use. I'm upgrading a Zero point LOTP with similar perks, but higher impact, to see how it fares.

Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I really like the idea, I don't love so much the unexpectedly slower rate of fire.

by LordOwen, Hiroshima, Japan, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 22:01 (3263 days ago) @ bluerunner

I just grabbed my Fulcrum from FWC, and it's been an incredible headshot machine with the Hidden Hand perk. That, coupled with Extended Mag and Zen Moment make for a great all-rounder. Chances are I'll be springing for the Red Hand IX as well (if only because I absolutely LOVE the look of it), but it'll probably be for re-forging right off the bat.

Also, Raymond Reddington never killed anyone over something called a Red Hand.

by Monochron, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 15:18 (3263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If you can get the stability up on the Vendor Snipers it could be nice to have the high fire rate for Crucible. Not so useful for PvE with the lower impact, but a rapid firing stable sniper could mow through some Guardians.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:50 (3263 days ago) @ Monochron

Agreed, but I already had Praedith's Revenge. Nothing comes close to that gun for PvP.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:55 (3263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Agreed, but I already had Praedith's Revenge. Nothing comes close to that gun for PvP.

My Prudence II with double down, field scout, and slightly better target acquisition begs to differ. ;)

I'm disappointed in the sniper offerings this time around. Besides my void Prudence I have both arc and solar LDRs with field scout and firefly. So far I haven't seen any new rifles or perks that beat those.

PoE legendary sniper stats are near identical to the LDR

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 19:05 (3263 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 19:06 (3263 days ago) @ bluerunner

My Prudence II with double down, field scout, and slightly better target acquisition begs to differ. ;)

I'm disappointed in the sniper offerings this time around. Besides my void Prudence I have both arc and solar LDRs with field scout and firefly. So far I haven't seen any new rifles or perks that beat those.

That Prudence sounds excellent. Is that a current drop? I didn't think HoW weapons could reforge to Field Scout. I tried LDR for a while, but it fires too slowly for my taste (I do have a good one, but I pretty much only use it for Nightfalls). I've got an older "The Chosen" sniper that has max Stability, but it only holds 4 rounds, so it loses to Praedith's in PvP despite the dramatically higher impact.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 19:12 (3263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

That Prudence sounds excellent. Is that a current drop? I didn't think HoW weapons could reforge to Field Scout. I tried LDR for a while, but it fires too slowly for my taste (I do have a good one, but I pretty much only use it for Nightfalls). I've got an older "The Chosen" sniper that has max Stability, but it only holds 4 rounds, so it loses to Praedith's in PvP despite the dramatically higher impact.

I believe the Prudence, like the Vanquisher, has been retired. The closest thing you can buy is the Crucible sniper, but The impact is so low that it theoretically requires three body shots to kill (I haven't been able to verify this)

If you have Praydeth's revenge, That's almost as good.

2.5 Rounds per Second though!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 23:58 (3263 days ago) @ CyberKN

It's not a Sniper, it's a long-range Scout Rifle!

(Cannot verify, but I dont know that Even a headshot will kill. Base damage is 60-something iirc so headshot would be 150-170 - not a kill. But I could be misremembering horribly)

Skip Rounds + Surplus = Poor Man's Field Scout

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 23:55 (3263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Skip rounds are all but useless, but they let you carry more ammo in reserve, which is actually very useful. Add in Clown Cartridge (bigger mag), Surplus (more ammo pickup) or both and you've basically got Field Scout.

It takes more slots, but if you really want FS, that's the only way to get it now.

sniper rolls

by Raflection, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 22:19 (3263 days ago) @ bluerunner

I got a sniper with hidden hand and unflinching. Also has the new reduced range + increase stability perk, its already a high ROF high stability sniper. Perfect for PvP

sniper rolls

by Monochron, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 13:09 (3262 days ago) @ Raflection

I got a sniper with hidden hand and unflinching. Also has the new reduced range + increase stability perk, its already a high ROF high stability sniper. Perfect for PvP

I REALLY wanted hidden hand on a sniper, but couldn't get it to pair with anything decent. Ended up with Rodeo plus everything else you have there. Should be a stability beast.

Hand Laid Stock

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 13:30 (3262 days ago) @ Monochron

LOADS of stability.

up the ante isnt that bad.

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:34 (3263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I reforged mine to hidden hand, aim assist sights, zen moment and smallbore.

Even with smallbore it reloads stupidly fast and has a high rate of fire and still holds 11 rounds.

Its not a max impact handcannon but its damn good if you want to fire a pot of realitivly high impact rounds fast and accurately.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:48 (3263 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Judgment is great and looks cool. The Fear is good if you roll it for maximum velocity/blast radius.

Not a huge fan of scout rifles, bit some of them look good.

Also The Fear is a great name. And it's gorgeous.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 23:50 (3263 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread