Finally a use for Juggernaut (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 16:06 (3262 days ago)

The Trials of Osiris are horrifyingly tense and punishing. I think my best run has been a 3/3. But, one interesting thing it has revealed is new uses for seldom used abilities. Almost no one uses Juggernaut, the Striker Titan's ability to generate a shield when running. Shoulder Charge just seems so much more, right? It instantly kills, it (with the right options selected) starts health regeneration. Why would you ever want to use Juggernaut?

Well:

1. Juggernaut is a defense against Snipers when trying to move into position: I haven't been snipped a lot with my Juggernaut shield up, but I believe it provides complete protection vs a single sniper round. Sending in a Juggernaut Titan into a sniper lane can give you a very survivable recon platform. You can spot a sniper, even take fire from a sniper, and continue on to duck behind an obstruction without too much fear of being hurt.

2. Juggernaut is a defense against Thorn. At the right ranges, you can easily defeat a Thorn user with little to no damage to yourself, even if they have good aim! I believe the Juggernaut shield can completely deflect two Thorn shots. At least twice I was able to run towards a Thorn wielder and take them out with Vestian Dynasty letting my shield either completely protect me or limit my damage taken to one shot. A third time I almost did it but decided to punch them which was a mistake... Darn Warlock Flame Shield. That's pretty big.

3. Most astonishingly, the Juggernaut shield will completely negate a single Golden Gun shot! We had an amazing ToO comeback where I charged at a Supering Gunslinger, survived their Golden Gun shot, and was then in too close for them to effectively aim the next one. Sure, it was pure chance and luck for the ranges to be just right, but it was still pretty amazing.

I kinda plan to level up my cloaky Bladedancer for my next ToO grief session, but I made a good use of my Titan's Juggernaut shield. Try it! You might like it!

Finally a use for Juggernaut

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 16:15 (3262 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This is the only use for the Juggernaut.

Of note: Shoulder Charge makes Noise

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:24 (3262 days ago) @ Ragashingo

My team can always tell where the striker titan is because every time he shoulder dashes we can hear what direction he's in, even if he's too far away for our radar.

Yeah, that's because most Strikers are idiots. :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:27 (3262 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Seriously, I never Shoulder Charge unless its to kill because it does give away my position and it does kill my momentum and it does leave me locked in 3rd person unable to shoot or dodge for a second. I see so many Strikers abusing it for no purpose that I just shake my head and go in the other direction.

Yeah, that's because most Strikers are idiots. :p

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:30 (3262 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Seriously, I never Shoulder Charge unless its to kill because it does give away my position and it does kill my momentum and it does leave me locked in 3rd person unable to shoot or dodge for a second. I see so many Strikers abusing it for no purpose that I just shake my head and go in the other direction.

Also, I found out the hard way that if you are level 33 and you should charge a level 34, it leaves them a pixel away from death but doesn't kill them... Also to note, that enough health to stay alive long enough to plant a shotgun in my face and pull the trigger :-)

If it kills your momentum, you're not using it right. :p

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:32 (3262 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

I, unlike most Titans, never use it wrong! ;)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:47 (3262 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Right?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 21:02 (3262 days ago) @ CyberKN

I use Shoulder Charge as my "Be somewhere else" button. As if midair Titans weren't fast enough, I can also make a sudden dash round a corner/any direction of my choosing (including into a pursuers face. Surprise!)

Right?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 13:12 (3261 days ago) @ someotherguy

I use Shoulder Charge as my "Be somewhere else" button. As if midair Titans weren't fast enough, I can also make a sudden dash round a corner/any direction of my choosing (including into a pursuers face. Surprise!)

I never realize how much I use shoulder charge for mobility until I switch sub classes

It's Bungie's apology for not giving Titans the best jump.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 13:13 (3261 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Ditto.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 13:24 (3261 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It is more that a means of body-smashing.

I use it to pull off all kinds of jumps and quick maneuvers.

All aboard the pain-train!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread