Question regarding The Last Word (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 11:26 (3261 days ago)

Seems to be one of the "go to guns" in the crucible along with thorn and everything so I figured I would go ahead and max mine out. I havent got "THE LAST WORD" perk but how exactly does it work? Do you ALWAYS get extra damage and stability and then precision hip shots do more? or is that just for hip fire?

From what I read it seems like the extra stability and damage is always on.

Question regarding The Last Word

by Monochron, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 11:53 (3261 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Seems to be one of the "go to guns" in the crucible along with thorn and everything so I figured I would go ahead and max mine out. I havent got "THE LAST WORD" perk but how exactly does it work? Do you ALWAYS get extra damage and stability and then precision hip shots do more? or is that just for hip fire?

From what I read it seems like the extra stability and damage is always on.

Damage and Stability bonus is always on. I want to say it is like an increase to Impact and Stability for the fun.
You get additional bonus precision damage when firing from the hip. This means that head shots while not aiming down the sights does a ton of damage but, appropriately, it is usually hard to pull off these shots.

TLW is good for medium range but really shines in close range. Just hold down the trigger and you will rapid fire a guy to death very quickly. Do so without aiming down the sights and simultaneously hitting headshots and it will be even quicker.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 13:11 (3261 days ago) @ Monochron

TLW is good for medium range but really shines in close range. Just hold down the trigger and you will rapid fire a guy to death very quickly. Do so without aiming down the sights and simultaneously hitting headshots and it will be even quicker.

I'm really glad you mentioned the first part. TLW can definitely be used at mid to long range, and will kill with 3 headshots, so don't assume you can't kill someone at range (especially if they aren't looking at you).

by Mad_Stylus, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 17:41 (3261 days ago) @ Xenos

Also, don't be afraid to look down the sights. The spray on those bullets is shameful. I've almost never hip-fired and hit anything. I even tried using Hawkmoon the same manner to make sure it was me or the gun. Turns out Hawkmoon could no-scope fine.

Kinda salty that makes the perks kinda useless most of the time. Still, its a great PVP weapon for filling a target with powerful shots.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 17:46 (3261 days ago) @ Mad_Stylus

Also, don't be afraid to look down the sights. The spray on those bullets is shameful. I've almost never hip-fired and hit anything. I even tried using Hawkmoon the same manner to make sure it was me or the gun. Turns out Hawkmoon could no-scope fine.

Kinda salty that makes the perks kinda useless most of the time. Still, its a great PVP weapon for filling a target with powerful shots.

Yeah, you use TLW like a shotgun mostly when you're firing from the hip. If they are filling up a significant portion of the center of your screen, just fire. Otherwise ADS is often advisable.

by Monochron, Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:43 (3260 days ago) @ Mad_Stylus

Also, don't be afraid to look down the sights.

Totally agree. I always ADS with it unless I'm taking advantage of the rapid fire close range behavior. I should probably hip fire a little more to try and get that headshot bonus . . . but I'm not accurate with it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread