The Luke Smith Challenge (PS4 Raiders) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 14:55 (3261 days ago)
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:07

A few days back, I posted a video of our PS4 raid group burning down the Templar in a particularly fast run. I sent it to Luke Smith on Twitter and got this reply:

[image]

I would LOVE to see if we could pull this off. Any PS4 Raiders want to set aside a night and dedicate it to seeing how quickly we can take down the Templar, at level 30, without sniping from the platform?

*edit*

As others have pointed out, Smith didn't actually say anything about 300 weapons. So let's bring this 365 Gjallarhorns and Black Hammers :)

The Luke Smith Challenge (PS4 Raiders)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 14:58 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

he never said 300 weapons...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:00 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Does anyone still have a 300 Gjallarhorn? :P Seriously, though.

I'd be up for this. Any excuse to run VoG is a good excuse.

Also, does Luke Smith understand how the light system works? You don't get any advantage for being a higher light level then the enemy.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:02 (3261 days ago) @ CyberKN

Also, does Luke Smith understand how the light system works? You don't get any advantage for being a higher light level then the enemy.

Well, other than your damage resistance, right?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:11 (3261 days ago) @ Revenant1988

When your level is equal to or higher than that of the enemy, Your damage resistance scales with your defense rating linearly. Wearing all Light 30 Gear, I'm at about ~1450. With all 34 gear, I'm at 1786, so I can absorb 19% more damage. I honestly don't think that's a huge difference.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:16 (3261 days ago) @ CyberKN

When your level is equal to or higher than that of the enemy, Your damage resistance scales with your defense rating linearly. Wearing all Light 30 Gear, I'm at about ~1450. With all 34 gear, I'm at 1786, so I can absorb 19% more damage. I honestly don't think that's a huge difference.

Yeah.

That sure is some math, there.

(If that is the case, then why not take his challenge a step further, and go light level 20? :P)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:20 (3261 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Yeah.

That sure is some math, there.

(If that is the case, then why not take his challenge a step further, and go light level 20? :P)

See the part I bolded. Destiny's Level system isn't intuitive.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 16:16 (3261 days ago) @ CyberKN

In hairy situations, I spend a good chunk of my time with my health bar WELL below 19%. Without the ability to absorb that damage without dying, my games would play out significantly differently.

(In Crucible games, I actually see a difference - a significant difference - in my overall K/D when my defense rating rises by as little as 100 points.)

In Crucible?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 19:18 (3261 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Do you mean Iron Banner? Cause Defence doesn't do anything in Vanilla Crucible.

I think?

You get more health though, right?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:04 (3261 days ago) @ CyberKN

So even if you're not doing more damage, I guess it's easier to stay alive.

And as ChrisTheeCrappy pointed out, he didn't technically say anything about 300 weapons. Lets 365 burn the sucker ;p

You get more health though, right?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:18 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So even if you're not doing more damage, I guess it's easier to stay alive.

And as ChrisTheeCrappy pointed out, he didn't technically say anything about 300 weapons. Lets 365 burn the sucker ;p

As I stated above, the defense difference is between 30 and 34 gear is 19%- hardly a significant factor, IMO

That sounds mathematically impossible.

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:03 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Good luck! :D

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:10 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

A few days back, I posted a video of our PS4 raid group burning down the Templar in a particularly fast run. I sent it to Luke Smith on Twitter and got this reply:

[image]

I would LOVE to see if we could pull this off. Any PS4 Raiders want to set aside a night and dedicate it to seeing how quickly we can take down the Templar, at level 30, without sniping from the platform?

*edit*

As others have pointed out, Smith didn't actually say anything about 300 weapons. So let's bring this 365 Gjallarhorns and Black Hammers :)

I am down for this next week.

But why not go one step further and do level 27, all blue weapons? It'll be like the very first time…

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:12 (3261 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But why not go one step further and do level 27, all blue weapons? It'll be like the very first time…

I have SERIOUS doubts that we can down him in 34 seconds at 27 with blue weapons.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:13 (3261 days ago) @ CyberKN

I have SERIOUS doubts that we can down him in 34 seconds at 27 with blue weapons.

I just meant doing the whole thing that way. Not the 34 seconds.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:16 (3261 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I just meant doing the whole thing that way. Not the 34 seconds.

Yeah, I think we could do that, as long as it was on Normal mode. I don't think we could beat the enrage timer on Hard. :P

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:49 (3261 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If the goal is to beat him in ~34 seconds, I don't think level 27 w/ blue weapons is going to work ;)

Come to think of it, I don't have armor that will bring me down to 27 anymore. Or any blue weapons lol

I'd be down for that!

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:35 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Count me in!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 16:07 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

For those who want to try, what day next week?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 18:06 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Let me know what works for you and I'll schedule an event/

Whenevs

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 19:40 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Wednesday or Thursday?

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 22:06 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

U alreddy kno whut it iz...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 18:41 (3261 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread