Put on your waders, folks (Off-Topic)

by Ouranje ⌂, Dallas, TX, Monday, June 01, 2015, 21:42 (3259 days ago)

MAN, it has been a while since I've really been around whatsoever. I know some of you guys have sent me invites in-game that I've given approximately zero response to, so I kinda wanted to follow up with some personal news type stuff, so if personal news of a relative stranger isn't your thing, keep on keepin' on, pals and friends.

That being said, since I was here last...

• I had a family member die the Sunday before my birthday, and then went to their funeral (actually on my birthday).
  • My shift at my job has changed twice in the past four weeks, including some mandatory overtime (what even).
  • I live in Texas, we've got weather, mostly underwater-type weather, that has also affected my life pretty negatively.

Thankfully, I'm coming out mostly unscathed: my shift has solidified in such a way that my girlfriend and I now share the exact same shift at the exact same job, so we won't have to waste any more gas. The water has mostly left my living region and I can safely start my car without flood problems. And as for my death in the family, sometimes it's easier to deal with when you find out they weren't doing so great before.

MY POINT OF ALL THIS IS: I will hopefully be on a little bit more in the near future, if not here, then Destiny proper, and I will try to actually join things I'm invited to. This was just a way of explaining any absence people might've been wondering about. If you've been reading up to this point-- thanks! That's all he wrote.

Put on your waders, folks

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 01, 2015, 21:52 (3259 days ago) @ Ouranje

MAN, it has been a while since I've really been around whatsoever. I know some of you guys have sent me invites in-game that I've given approximately zero response to, so I kinda wanted to follow up with some personal news type stuff, so if personal news of a relative stranger isn't your thing, keep on keepin' on, pals and friends.

That being said, since I was here last...

• I had a family member die the Sunday before my birthday, and then went to their funeral (actually on my birthday).
  • My shift at my job has changed twice in the past four weeks, including some mandatory overtime (what even).
  • I live in Texas, we've got weather, mostly underwater-type weather, that has also affected my life pretty negatively.

Thankfully, I'm coming out mostly unscathed: my shift has solidified in such a way that my girlfriend and I now share the exact same shift at the exact same job, so we won't have to waste any more gas. The water has mostly left my living region and I can safely start my car without flood problems. And as for my death in the family, sometimes it's easier to deal with when you find out they weren't doing so great before.

MY POINT OF ALL THIS IS: I will hopefully be on a little bit more in the near future, if not here, then Destiny proper, and I will try to actually join things I'm invited to. This was just a way of explaining any absence people might've been wondering about. If you've been reading up to this point-- thanks! That's all he wrote.

Sorry for your loss, friend. Glad things are looking up.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 01, 2015, 22:48 (3259 days ago) @ Ouranje

Glad you're back! Hope playing a little Destiny adds a little fun back in.

Thread jacking a little, since you mentioned flooding. My aunt sent this picture. She owns a large auto salvage business along the Arkansas River in Oklahoma. Just to the left of the bridge is one of her lots. There's 1,650 cars under that water.

[image]

by Ouranje ⌂, Dallas, TX, Monday, June 01, 2015, 23:15 (3259 days ago) @ bluerunner

Hooooooly moley. And I thought the old car dealership I used to work at got it bad. That's terrible, bluerunner. Hopefully it doesn't dent her business too badly. :(

*just a _little_ water damage*

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, June 02, 2015, 00:30 (3259 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread