DeeJ IGN Stream (REPLAY) (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 19:44 (3258 days ago)
edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:22

DeeJ just confirmed PS content unlocks with TK for Xbox

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 19:44 (3258 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Sweet. More Nightfalls!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 21:18 (3258 days ago) @ Xenos

Can't wait for all of the Xbox folks to have a Hawkmoon before Cody!

Sweet. More Nightfalls!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 21:40 (3258 days ago) @ Korny

Can't wait for all of the Xbox folks to have a Hawkmoon before Cody!

You are such a meanie poopoo head.

Skip-able cutscenes!!!!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 19:50 (3258 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

BL2 spoilers! Roland_bng died.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 19:51 (3258 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

BL2 spoilers! Roland_bng died.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 19:53 (3258 days ago) @ Funkmon

Angel_bng confirmed worst player.

Watch out for Bloodwing_bng's exploding head attack.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 19:55 (3258 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Did you have to bring that up? Dem hurt feels :(

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 19:56 (3258 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Nakayama_bng killed by the architects, lul.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:02 (3258 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Did he say that they were modifying past strikes?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 19:51 (3258 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

DeeJ on live stream right now (Embedded Stream)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:09 (3258 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Deej confirmed (at the beginning, it got talked over) that Rift is like like neutral assault, and said the spark runner has full access to guns, supers etc. and some extra damage resistance but is very killable.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:13 (3258 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Deej confirmed (at the beginning, it got talked over) that Rift is like like neutral assault, and said the spark runner has full access to guns, supers etc. and some extra damage resistance but is very killable.

No supers. I saw a guy who had the spark with a fully charged super bar, but it was white, not yellow.

Pretty sure I saw a guy using his?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:15 (3258 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:20

At 11:39 in the replay (original post is now a replay).

(I meant while carrying the spark)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:22 (3258 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Ah that makes sense. *eureka*

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:24 (3258 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:28

Around 2:02, DeeJ says you can (or at least doesn't say you can't), but I think you're probably right, and DeeJ is probably wrong.

*Your super probably becomes the spark dunk.*

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:32 (3258 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Cant watch video, can you please explain: Rift? Spark? Neutral assault?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:36 (3258 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes
edited by General Vagueness, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:40

Cant watch video, can you please explain: Rift? Spark? Neutral assault?

Rift is a new gametype introduced in the vidoc, where you pick up a "spark" and run it into the enemy's goal, where it detonates, which is just like assault (specifically neutral assault) from Halo. In the video in this thread they talked about it a bit more and showed more gameplay of it, among other things.

Thanks!

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 20:39 (3258 days ago) @ General Vagueness

- No text -

Gun Philosophy - It's finally stated

by Earendil, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 21:58 (3258 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I think Deej was very revealing in a way I haven't seen Bungie be on the subject of inventory and guns in Destiny. It's a philosophy that isn't at all knew for Bungie, I'm just surprised I haven't seen them state it yet.

That philosophy is that yes, you will have to throw away good weapons, because Bungie want you to choose your favorite weapons for you. This isn't new for Bungie, as they made us choose two weapons in Halo, which, for the few of us old farts that remember it was painful at first. We were so used to having at least 10 weapons to choose from, game depending.

Personally, I *sort* of like the idea. What I don't like is that the influx of guns forces me to make decisions before I'm ready to. It's like if you forced me to limit my music library. Inevitably I'd delete an oldy to keep a new-hotness, only to realize it really isn't for me, and want the oldy back.

Already making a shortlist :(

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 22:11 (3258 days ago) @ Earendil

- No text -

My Rebuttal when I heard this.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 22:35 (3257 days ago) @ Earendil

I think Deej was very revealing in a way I haven't seen Bungie be on the subject of inventory and guns in Destiny. It's a philosophy that isn't at all knew for Bungie, I'm just surprised I haven't seen them state it yet.

That philosophy is that yes, you will have to throw away good weapons, because Bungie want you to choose your favorite weapons for you. This isn't new for Bungie, as they made us choose two weapons in Halo, which, for the few of us old farts that remember it was painful at first. We were so used to having at least 10 weapons to choose from, game depending.

Personally, I *sort* of like the idea. What I don't like is that the influx of guns forces me to make decisions before I'm ready to. It's like if you forced me to limit my music library. Inevitably I'd delete an oldy to keep a new-hotness, only to realize it really isn't for me, and want the oldy back.

Then help me make that choice. I'm overwhelmed. There is such a thing as having too many options. :/
As it stands I try to have one of everything, because I have to.

My Rebuttal when I heard this.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 03:55 (3257 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Then help me make that choice. I'm overwhelmed. There is such a thing as having too many options. :/
As it stands I try to have one of everything, because I have to.

I second the request to have help making the choice. Numbers instead of or along with bars would make that so much easier. If that was changed I wouldn't have to collect and shuffle my entire inventory of, say, shotguns every time I go to buy a shotgun or decide whether to keep one I got as a reward. I could just look them all one time and mark down the numbers somewhere, and then when I have something new I can pull that up, look at the item in question, and compare it to everything in the list all in one go. I know I could do a trick on b.net to get numbers but that's too time consuming to feel worth doing, especially on a slow computer, and especially when I want to compare perks from reforging to other weapons and their perks and decide if I want to reforge again. At the very least, why not have rate of fire be numeric? There are real world measurements for that and there's no way to change it.

Numeric RoF would be nice

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 09:28 (3257 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Because it also ties in directly to base Impact. Impact can be changed by different barrels, but at least you could just look at RoF and immediately know what archetype it is. You'd be surprised how often I get my Cydonias and my Shingen's wrong, or confuse my Submissions for Timepieces.

I can throw away almost every primary I have

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 22:56 (3257 days ago) @ Earendil

My only good non-elemental primaries are Exotic and my only 3 elementals are VoC, Abyss Defiant (which is no VoC) and Oversoul Edict (which, quite honestly, suck, compared to any other Pulse Rifle I had the joy of using).

Now specials, on the other hand...

I can throw away almost every primary I have

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 03:21 (3257 days ago) @ ZackDark

Oversoul Edict (which, quite honestly, suck, compared to any other Pulse Rifle I had the joy of using).

Are you kidding me? OE is one of the best Pulse Rifles out there in both PvE and PvP. Right up top with Strangers Rifle and Red Death.

Some might even say that OE is...

...OP

How?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 08:48 (3257 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Granted, it has Full Auto, but that impact is way too low.

Rate of fire, stability, and recoil curve.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 09:37 (3257 days ago) @ ZackDark

3 bursts will kill you with only like one headshot on OE, which is an easy gun to use. Red Death is harder. I put OE as #2 pulse rifle behind Messenger.

In PvE, it's the best auto rifle in the game, plus it goes through knight shields, plus has a long enough range for almost all encounters in the game. For example, on arc burn omnigul, I use it the entire strike sometimes and don't even bother with Fatebringer. Gives you that auto rifle flexibility.

All in all, I rank raid OE right up there with Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence.

I don't think I'm playing the same game as you

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 20:32 (3257 days ago) @ Funkmon

3 bursts will kill you with only like one headshot on OE, which is an easy gun to use. Red Death is harder. I put OE as #2 pulse rifle behind Messenger.

I'm very used to Bad Juju and Oversoul Edict was taking longer to kill in regular Crucible...

We're not. It's preference.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 21:39 (3257 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

I can throw away maybe 10 primaries

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 10:25 (3257 days ago) @ ZackDark

My list so far is based on how easy it is to re-obtain them should I need to.

First to go - Queen's weapons. I reckon I could get them all back in 2 weeks, RNG willing (18 PoE's plus 3 rep rewards), so no big deal.

Abyss Defiant and Oversoul Edict are next, even though I quite like OE - I can solo the first half of CE Hard at this point, so again, 2 weeks max.

Wolf weapons are next, assuming Variks keeps cycling through them. It might take me a while but I'll get them back with minimal effort (a few PoE's here and there. Even if I don't do 35 I can buy his current weapon plus 2 Judgement's Chance per week. No problem)

After that though, I'm lost.

Dump 31 guns, feel nothing, and never go back for em. IMG

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 11:01 (3257 days ago) @ someotherguy

[image]
[image]
[image]

Dump 31 guns, feel nothing, and never go back for em. IMG

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 11:18 (3257 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm down for deleting every weapon except raid weapons and Gyllenhall.

We clearly have different playstyles. All those handcannons!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 11:30 (3257 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Gun Philosophy - It's finally stated

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 03:35 (3257 days ago) @ Earendil

I tend to not delete things until I absolutely have to because I don't want that to happen, and it's still happened a few times. The flip side is sticking with what you know, and what you already have leveled up, and not getting the experience of a new and possibly better weapon. The inability to swap things in your vault with things in your personal inventory (requiring you to have an empty space) encourages doing this.
I think the stated desire before to give everyone enough space to hold all the exotics is good, but they should add to that being able to store one of each raid weapon and at least one of every combination of weapon type and damage type (void, solar, and arc shotguns; void, solar, and arc machine guns; etc.) either on your person or in the vault, maybe subtracting spaces where those groups overlap.

Stated again in the Polygon interview

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 11:52 (3257 days ago) @ General Vagueness

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/16/8790903/destiny-is-expanding-with-the-taken-king-hows-how-the-game-will-be

Repeats the idea that ten years with the same gun would be boring.

TWSS! [Ba-dumtish]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread