BWU - Part 2: With a Vengeance is up (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 25, 2015, 22:37 (3250 days ago)

Linky link

Nothing noteworthy on the game front.

Profile Status Updates Aren't Noteworty?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 22:51 (3250 days ago) @ ZackDark

You can now do 'status updates'

This means you can communicate that you are looking for a raid, nightfall or some other game. This is huge and is the infinitesimal beginning to a LFG system. To be sure it's extremely limited: Only people who have you on their friends list can see your status, and they can only see it on the site or the companion app not in game. Hopefully though they will soon add the ability to see it in game and not just with your friends. This has the potential for big impact to the social nature of the game.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 22:56 (3250 days ago) @ CougRon

Well, he said "on the game front" this is not in game.

And I really wish it was.

agreed.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 23:01 (3250 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, June 26, 2015, 01:10 (3250 days ago) @ Vortech

Wait, you can't see the status in game? Ugh, I didn't realize that.

I bet that's coming

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, June 26, 2015, 14:09 (3250 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

First, Bungie.net. Second, in-game. Would make a lot of sense. The only reason I can see them not making it visible in-game is that people are awful and would put all sorts of obscenities in there.

I bet that's coming

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, June 26, 2015, 14:19 (3250 days ago) @ Beorn

First, Bungie.net. Second, in-game. Would make a lot of sense. The only reason I can see them not making it visible in-game is that people are awful and would put all sorts of obscenities in there.

You are making a strong assumption that a majority of the Destiny community is immature. Oh, wait. Carry on.

Even if only 6.25% are immature

by Earendil, Friday, June 26, 2015, 15:23 (3250 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

That's one guardian per tower instance.

I bet that's coming

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 26, 2015, 17:07 (3250 days ago) @ Beorn

Yep. I saw this as the first step in the "digital sandwich board" idea that many here have pitched.

I thought they might get around the obscenity thing but have pre-written messages you can select through the director as another option as you select activities.

That said, I'm glad they're making Bungie.net more useful.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, June 26, 2015, 19:27 (3249 days ago) @ CougRon

You can now do 'status updates'

This means you can communicate that you are looking for a raid, nightfall or some other game. This is huge and is the infinitesimal beginning to a LFG system. To be sure it's extremely limited: Only people who have you on their friends list can see your status, and they can only see it on the site or the companion app not in game. Hopefully though they will soon add the ability to see it in game and not just with your friends. This has the potential for big impact to the social nature of the game.

I didn't get that when I read it, this is really good to hear.
Do you have to go to someone's profile page to see it? I set mine through my profile page and couldn't seem to see it show up anywhere else. How do you even get to someone else's profile page?

Check your Friends list

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, June 26, 2015, 19:53 (3249 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Do you have to go to someone's profile page to see it? I set mine through my profile page and couldn't seem to see it show up anywhere else. How do you even get to someone else's profile page?

If you pull down your Friends list, you can see the status listed under their name (provided they set one):

[image]
(Non-DBOers hidden)

WTF BUNGIE

by Earendil, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 23:03 (3250 days ago) @ ZackDark

The weekly update shouldn't make me tear up. Uncool.

...but very cool. I'd be humbled and honored if even a half dozen people made such a video upon my death. Probably a slim chance, since I intend to outlive all of you.

The tears are real.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 23:11 (3250 days ago) @ Earendil

Saw that video a few days ago and I teared up. I was choking back tears while my GF was next to me watching some cooking show. Talk about a great way to honor a fallen friend.

WTF BUNGIE

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 26, 2015, 13:50 (3250 days ago) @ Earendil

I was moved ... and then I saw the typo at the end.

Stuff like that bothers me more than most, and it's not like I don't make typos everyday (although I'd hope they'd never end up in a video).

WTF BUNGIE

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, June 26, 2015, 13:55 (3250 days ago) @ Kermit

Typo?

WTF BUNGIE

by Claude Errera @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 14:15 (3250 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Typo?

"Breathe" was spelled "breath".

Speaking of App login auth

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 26, 2015, 03:02 (3250 days ago) @ ZackDark

Anyone else having trouble logging in the app with XBL with 2-factor auth?

When I switch back from the Authenticator app on my Moto X, the keyboard crashes and doesn't let me paste/type the code into the XBL instance within Destiny app...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread