Xur's business (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, June 26, 2015, 09:13 (3250 days ago)

Peregrine Greaves
Crest of Alpha Lupi (hunter edition)
Heart of the Praxic Fire
Red Death
Exotic Helm Engram

Armors are meh, but Red Death is pretty good.

Red's Rankings

1. Red Death (obviously cuz Red)
2. Crest of Alph Lupi, it has a good roll and is great for Trials if you are a support player.
3. Exotic Helm if you are low on exotic helms
4. Heart of the Praxic Fire
5. Peregrine Greaves, I think these suck way, way worse than MK 44's. They are super situational and really only useful for PvE.

Oh and he's in the Vanguard room across from Cayde.

Armour of what?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, June 26, 2015, 10:02 (3250 days ago) @ red robber

My favourite thing is to wait until a Defender puts a bubble up, switch to Greaves, knee his face into the next dimension, then switch back to something more consistently useful.

So you're right - super situational, but worth it (to me) for those rare moments of crowning glory.

Opinions

by ProbablyLast, Friday, June 26, 2015, 10:11 (3250 days ago) @ red robber

1) Red Death - Great stats, great perks, useful in many situations.
2) Praxic Fire - So many grenades.
3) Greaves - Knees to the face for lulz
4) Heavy Ammo
5) Helmet Engrams - Move to 2 if you don't have a Helm of Saint-14
6) Motes of light
Last) Hunter Armor - eww Hunters

Xur's business

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, June 26, 2015, 12:31 (3250 days ago) @ red robber

My exotic Armor collection is complete, muhahahahahah

Armour of what?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 13:00 (3250 days ago) @ someotherguy

Those greaves aren't considered useful in PvE? When I heard about them, I had visions of sugar plums dancing in my head.

Great with Arc Burn + Brawler

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, June 26, 2015, 13:08 (3250 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

32,000 Damage per hit.

The day we get Arc Burn + Brawler + Airborne I will kill a Spider Tank using only my knee.

Xur's business

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 26, 2015, 13:10 (3250 days ago) @ red robber

5. Peregrine Greaves, I think these suck way, way worse than MK 44's. They are super situational and really only useful for PvE.

Not from what I hear. Easy way to one shot anyone in PvP. Blade Dancers, Radiant Warlocks, High armor Titans, etc.

Please record this!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, June 26, 2015, 13:33 (3250 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Will do!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, June 26, 2015, 14:01 (3250 days ago) @ Beorn

I wanted to do it this week but that Solar Burn made it hard to get close enough.

Course, if a couple if Defenders wanted to create a runway for me? I'll even wear my aeroplane hat.

Heart of Praxic Fire - buy this now if you PvP

by Kahzgul, Friday, June 26, 2015, 14:49 (3250 days ago) @ red robber

Best Warlock PvP armor, especially for ToO. It is insanely powerful in ToO. Good god.

Voidfang's better, even for sunsingers.

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 14:52 (3250 days ago) @ Kahzgul

BUT Praxic Fire is good, too. It's definitely a top 5 warlock chest armor.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, June 26, 2015, 14:56 (3250 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Best Warlock PvP armor, especially for ToO. It is insanely powerful in ToO. Good god.

Pro-tip:

Wear Voidfang Vestments, then switch to HotPF when your Super is full...

You can't lose!

Praxic Fire + Fusion 'Nades = Gjallarhorn 2.0

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, June 26, 2015, 14:57 (3250 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

It's too difficult to pull off reliably.

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 14:57 (3250 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I played a ton of rumble yesterday. I didn't feel like wearing armamentarium since the grenades don't work as well during rumble, so I tested mine out. I didn't get a single kill with them I wouldn't have gotten normally. On bladedancers I died just like always. You don't have enough time to build up that speed, jump and reliably hit them. The warlock already stuck you, and your guts are on the floor if it's a hunter.

It IS useful for an armor of light titan, though. So if you want to plan your exotics around the least used class, go for it.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, June 26, 2015, 15:01 (3250 days ago) @ Funkmon

I played a ton of rumble yesterday. I didn't feel like wearing armamentarium since the grenades don't work as well during rumble, so I tested mine out. I didn't get a single kill with them I wouldn't have gotten normally. On bladedancers I died just like always. You don't have enough time to build up that speed, jump and reliably hit them. The warlock already stuck you, and your guts are on the floor if it's a hunter.

It IS useful for an armor of light titan, though. So if you want to plan your exotics around the least used class, go for it.

You also missed a key point.

You were a Titan in PvP.

Voidfang's better, even for sunsingers.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, June 26, 2015, 15:04 (3250 days ago) @ Funkmon

[image]

"The only thing sadder than somebody who plays warlock, is somebody who plays it wrong."

-David Dague, on sunbro's.

Xur's business

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, June 26, 2015, 15:06 (3250 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Situational, but fun. I'll be picking these up (completionist & occasional fun).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3b6arj/mediaperegrine_greaves_arc_burn_brawler/

Someone kneed Valus Ta'aurc with them & took about 1/3 of his health. I want to kill him with these. (link).

My Titan rules the roost in PvP

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, June 26, 2015, 15:18 (3250 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I like my Hunter for Golden Gun, and my Ramsinger is great for elongated LMG sprees, but my Titan is a Freight Train.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, June 26, 2015, 15:34 (3250 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

You were a Titan in PvP.

I believe he meant the Defender subclass in PvP. Which I would agree is probably the least used.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, June 26, 2015, 15:38 (3250 days ago) @ Korny

Pro-tip:

Wear Voidfang Vestments, then switch to HotPF when your Super is full...

That's too much work for me. About the best I can hope for in a game is to switch weapons based on how I'm playing or how my tactics are/aren't working. I may switch armor sometimes, but I'd be hard pressed to do it because of a specific reason like that. Guess that's why I'm not in the top 10 in PvP anymore. :)

You were top ten?! Teach me plz

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, June 26, 2015, 15:48 (3250 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Lolz, Top ten in deaths maybe :)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:01 (3250 days ago) @ someotherguy

But if you want some help and pro tips, I'd check out some of that True Vanguard guys stuff on YouTube. His videos are pretty good, and he doesn't come off as a douche like some of them I've seen.

Here's some info on sniping. This guy is amazing with a sniper.

Good info for crucible novices.

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:21 (3250 days ago) @ red robber

But, basically it's just common sense. "Set sights first." all right, dude.

He's just really goddamn good at this game. I've watched his videos, and I hope I am learning through osmosis, cause I am awful at sniping, even when I try hard to practice.

Good info for crucible novices.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:32 (3250 days ago) @ Funkmon

I was playing some Halo customs with a group of random folks one time. There was a girl on my team that was unbelievable with the sniper. She was slaughtering the other team. I asked how she could snipe so well. She replied, "I don't know, I just pull the trigger when the sight turns red".

Hard to give up my Ram.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:35 (3250 days ago) @ Funkmon

Pop radiance with radiant skin, punch a guy for the flame shield, then shrug off rockets and beat down bladedancers. It makes me the tank that I wish titans could be.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:43 (3250 days ago) @ red robber

You were a Titan in PvP.

I believe he meant the Defender subclass in PvP. Which I would agree is probably the least used.

No, I meant all. I just think that the titan abilities were an after thought when it comes to PvP. There are rare few that were made for PvP.

Great with Arc Burn + Brawler

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:52 (3250 days ago) @ someotherguy

Well... that does help I guess. :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 26, 2015, 17:03 (3250 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Snipers make me jittery

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, June 26, 2015, 17:56 (3250 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm a really good shot in PvE, but other Guardians move so erratically I panic if the first shot doesn't kill them.

I'll either get a headshot kill or no kill. Every single.

Transfusion, Aftershocks, Shoulder Charge, Unstoppable

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, June 26, 2015, 18:02 (3250 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Death from Above, Aftermath, Headstrong

Not necessarily the best PvP perks, but they're useless for PvE so they must be for PvP.

Striker also has fantastic grenades.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, June 26, 2015, 18:17 (3249 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Hard to give up my Ram.

by Kahzgul, Friday, June 26, 2015, 20:02 (3249 days ago) @ bluerunner

Yeah, Ram is really good. I die so often though that I find HoPF to be more useful. Like when I used to use Lucky Raspberry on my hunter to guarantee at least a 1.0 K/D in games. Now I use Knucklehead Radar cause I can stay alive longer.

Hard to give up my Ram.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 26, 2015, 20:09 (3249 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I feel like being an exotic Knucklehead radar should provide its bonus to any weapon and not just primaries.

Best non sticky grenades in the game, IMO.

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 20:18 (3249 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Arcbolt and Firebolt would like a word with you.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, June 26, 2015, 20:20 (3249 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I think it's good how it is. Thorn with radar=devastating.

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 20:25 (3249 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It would be too much for people to have snipers or rockets with it. Remember, no armor exotics are so good you have no choice but to use them, and Knucklehead radar like how you want it would be so dumb to not use I'd kick people for not doing it.

I think it's good how it is. Thorn with radar=devastating.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 26, 2015, 20:31 (3249 days ago) @ Funkmon

Radar while aiming is not game breaking. It's nice, but in no way overpowered. I played the other day with the adept messanger, infinite whatever (hmg), and patience and time. Always had a radar. It was good, but a small advantage. Certainly not worth giving up a fourth golden gun shot for automatically. It also has strength on it, so there a trade off there.

I have a perfect rebuttal that you cannot argue against!

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 20:35 (3249 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah, but still.

Arcbolt and Firebolt would like a word with you.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 20:39 (3249 days ago) @ CyberKN

Is the word "sorry" because they aren't Flash/Lightnight/Supression grenades?

No, it's because hunter grenades are objectively best.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, June 26, 2015, 22:05 (3249 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Note in the second vid, the lightening grenade kills zero gaurdians, while the tripmine nearly wipes the other team.

No, it's because hunter grenades are objectively best.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 22:29 (3249 days ago) @ iconicbanana

A well placed and timed grenade is always better then a poorly placed and timed grenade. I've done those same things with lightning grenades. With the added benefit of kills straglers and reliable area denial.

Oooh! Burnnn... wait... Not burn. Good try. :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 26, 2015, 23:12 (3249 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Red's nade ranking. (PvP)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 01:24 (3249 days ago) @ CyberKN

1. Lightning
2. Trimpmine
3. Arcbolt
4. Fusion
5. Axion Bolt
6. Firebolt
7. Flux
8. Magnetic
9. Scatter (w/tracking only)
10. Solar/Vortex
11. Suppresion
12. Incendiary
13. Flashbang
14. Scatter (w/out tracking)
15. Pulse
16. Swarm
17. Skip
18. Spike

I really like that there is no "best" grenade. Depending on how you play, there's a style for each player. I do think that the spike is clearly the worst grenade period. It does damage like a Vortex, but only in a small cone and only for a short period of time. Maybe if they had an exotic armor that would widen the cone and increase the duration by about 3 secs.

Yep. There is definitely a worst grenade.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 01:57 (3249 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 02:09 (3249 days ago) @ red robber

1. Lightning
2. Trimpmine
3. Arcbolt
4. Fusion
5. Axion Bolt
6. Firebolt
7. Flux
8. Magnetic
10. Solar/Vortex
11. Suppresion
12. Incendiary
13. Flashbang
15. Pulse
16. Swarm
17. Skip
18. Spike

I really like that there is no "best" grenade. Depending on how you play, there's a style for each player. I do think that the spike is clearly the worst grenade period. It does damage like a Vortex, but only in a small cone and only for a short period of time. Maybe if they had an exotic armor that would widen the cone and increase the duration by about 3 secs.

I'd at least put Scatter without tracking down at 17. I was never killed by or got a kill from them before they could track. I'd also move Axion Bolt down some. It's powerful but it takes too long in PvP. And I'd move Solar / Vortex down near the bottom. While they are powerful if you enemy is really distracted, I'd much rather have a grenade that did its damage in an instant like a Flashbang or Arcbolt than something an enemy can just walk out of.

Also, I'm dismayed to see you gave the Spike grenade a ranking at all! They'd have to double that things power, duration, and range for me to even consider using it. :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 02:20 (3249 days ago) @ red robber

I love scatter in PvE! With Bloom, you can do massive damage very easily.

Finally got my Celestial Nighthawk! Thanks Xur!

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 12:07 (3249 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Had exactly 46 Motes on PSN...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 16:37 (3249 days ago) @ red robber

Need some Exotic helmets for my Warlocks...

1 x Glasshouse
1 x Knucklehead Radar

Blah.

That's what you get for betraying the Xbone! :)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 20:17 (3248 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

I feel you

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 01:14 (3248 days ago) @ red robber

I need the Ram and the creepy Titan helmet. I bought 6 engrams and got exactly 6 new exotic shards :/

You forgot a few

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 01:23 (3248 days ago) @ red robber

1. Lightning
2. Trimpmine
3. Arcbolt
4. Fusion
5. Axion Bolt
6. Firebolt
7. Flux
8. Magnetic
10. Solar/Vortex
11. Suppresion
12. Incendiary
13. Flashbang
15. Pulse
16. Swarm
17. Skip
27. Spike

You forgot all of the new grenades we will have in TTK. They can not be worse than the spike grenade.

You forgot a few

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 01:36 (3248 days ago) @ unoudid

From what I saw/understood, there will only be 3 new nades, 1 for each subclass. The other 2 in each will be reused from the current ones available in the other equivalent subclasses.

But regardless of this, you are correct. They cannot be worse than the spike is now, even if they make 9 new nades! If one of them is, It'll probably be for the Arc Warlock and be the equivalent of a water balloon. Now that I think about it though, that would still be better than the Purple glow stick. I can see hunters slipping on the wet floor, off ledges to their death. Stupid hunters.

[image]

You forgot a few

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 02:01 (3248 days ago) @ red robber

From what I saw/understood, there will only be 3 new nades, 1 for each subclass. The other 2 in each will be reused from the current ones available in the other equivalent subclasses.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some near duplicates, like the Arcbolt and Firebolt are very similar, but I'd bet almost anything Bungie will not reuse the exact grenades and those were just in there for placeholders during E3.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread