Space is hard (Falcon 9 failure) (Off-Topic)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 12:41 (3232 days ago)

The SpaceX launch this morning failed just before the 2nd stage was to separate and ignite; damn, I saw it live on NASA-TV and didn't understand what I was seeing until the camera panned away from the debris plume.

-- Steve hates when that happens; no joke. At least no one was hurt.

SpaceX at least has a pretty good track record up to now

by Funkmon @, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 19:18 (3231 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

But we've had a lot of failures lately. I hope the private industry can solve the issues quicker and more efficiently than large government agencies.

Ugh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, June 28, 2015, 19:36 (3231 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I hate it too...

Well, I guess it is rocket science, huh?

Space is hard (Falcon 9 failure)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 29, 2015, 01:29 (3231 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

The SpaceX launch this morning failed just before the 2nd stage was to separate and ignite; damn, I saw it live on NASA-TV and didn't understand what I was seeing until the camera panned away from the debris plume.

-- Steve hates when that happens; no joke. At least no one was hurt.

Aye. It's hard to watch the video after the fact, waiting for it to happen. Can't imagine the stun that went through the brains of the people who worked on it when it failed.

I do have to say its destruction was beautiful in a way. The light and clouds and the speed of it happening - you don't see magical explosions like that happen everyday.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread