Pulse Rifle Maths (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 18:19 (3196 days ago)

So I was thinking.....

Three Little Words, Spare Change, highest impact Pulse Rifles.

They do 38 damage/headshot in PvP for a total of 114 if you can land all 3 rounds on target.

I like to Bubble, so with standard Weapons of Light (25% damage bonus) thats 143/headshot.

Add Illuminated to WoL and now you have a 35% bonus, resulting in 154/headshot.

Now the real fun...

With the reactive reload perk you get a 33% bonus for 3 sec after reloading, after a kill. Very situational but when used with Illuminated Bubbles you get....

205 Total damage for a full 3 round burst to the head.

Now don your Glasshouse and apply Bastion for 60 seconds of skull splitting good times.

The new Hopscotch Pilgrim is easily able to max out stability and keep great range, almost guaranteeing single burst headshots. I would highly recommend this as the heavy pulse rifle of choice.

Side note: Also grab an LDR with Field Scout + Clown Cartridge while WoLing for crucible trolling good times. That's a potential of 8 shots with OHK potential without reloading for a whole minute. I highly suggest this setup in Control because you can predict the location of enemies. It really works great on Shores of Time if you hangout on the platform behind C heavy. You can watch Circle Room Exit, Center Tunnel, and most of B's capture area with almost no movement at all. :)

Pulse Rifle Maths

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 18:32 (3196 days ago) @ red robber

Don't forget headseeker. You can easily still get two burst kills while hitting some on the body. I wonder if with all that you could one burst kill with one body and two headshots. Are reactive reload and headseeker mutually exclusive?

Pulse Rifle Maths

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 19:02 (3196 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by red robber, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 19:30

Don't forget headseeker. You can easily still get two burst kills while hitting some on the body. I wonder if with all that you could one burst kill with one body and two headshots. Are reactive reload and headseeker mutually exclusive?

Headseeker, Reactive Reload, and Glass Half Full all fill in the last perk spot so unfortunately, that combo is unavailable. I really prefer Headseeker on pulse rifles because that perk is always available/active.

Edit: old TDB pulse rifles like Three LW could have both HS and RR perks.

If I'm correct Headseeker will take critical damage from 38 to 41. A body shot is 26. So 26+41+41=108. With 35% WoL that comes to 146. If you could combo Headseeker and RR, then you'd have just slightly less than just the WoL, so maybe 142. Not enough to get er done in one burst.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread