Sorry Cody. (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Monday, June 29, 2015, 09:36 (3222 days ago)

I finally got the Hawkmoon drop. Destroyoboy wanted to do a Nightfall and thats all she wrote.

Also got a third Gjallerhorn, First Dragons Breath (I know, wtf) another MIDA from a Trials Silver Package.

Lichty Mr B and myself managed to get to the lighthouse again, which got me a Adept Jewel of Osiris (Arc) (good for PVP if you need a legendary). Eye of Sol as well.

Really loving the Hawkmoon, after getting the Holding Aces I can really rely on this gun in the crucible. Eye of Sol is kind of a let down due to not having the ambush sight. I feel like I am always zoomed in too much for the size of the maps. So in that aspect I will stick with the queenbreakers. The Tomorrow Answer rocket launcher from the trials is pretty solid. Void damage with Tripod and Handgrenades and horseshoes. Combine that with really with Blast Radius and velocity is much better than my Radegast Fury.

All in all it was a weekend for me and my gear. Hopefully will keep this train rolling.

What do you guys think of the Trials weapons?

Hawkmoon post is Hawkmoon. Or...something.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 29, 2015, 10:48 (3222 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Hawkmoon post is Hawkmoon. Or...something.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, June 29, 2015, 11:06 (3222 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

thingsss..

I only sincerely desire one thing in this game now.

by Funkmon @, Monday, June 29, 2015, 10:51 (3222 days ago) @ TheeChaos

And it is to have a hawkmoon on Xbox before Cody gets one on PS4.

That would be hilarious

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 29, 2015, 13:16 (3222 days ago) @ Funkmon

But not so much if it is after the killing Hawkmoon nerf.

Yep.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, June 29, 2015, 13:54 (3222 days ago) @ Funkmon

Gorgon/Atheon/Deathsinger/Crota three times every week until I get it, then dismantling.

I got my 13th *and* 14th Dragon's Breaths this weekend

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, June 29, 2015, 15:12 (3222 days ago) @ TheeChaos
edited by someotherguy, Monday, June 29, 2015, 15:18

One from a Silver Package and then another from the Lighthouse. Stop it RNG, it's not even funny any more.

Also got a Solar Jewel. It's okay I guess?

EDIT:

Eye of Sol is kind of a let down due to not having the ambush sight.

It has the Longview 10 though, which is only 0.5x greater zoom than the Shortgaze and Ambush, with a buttload of aim assist (30 I believe). My absolute favourite scope, though I'm a mainly PvE sniper. I like my shotgun sprees too much to snipe in PvP.

I got my 13th *and* 14th Dragon's Breaths this weekend

by TheeChaos @, Monday, June 29, 2015, 15:58 (3222 days ago) @ someotherguy

I think part of my problem is that I have been using the queenbreakers bow. And you know know have been doing REALLY well with. Now that I have been using it I feel that other snipers feel wierd therefore I cant use them. I will just have to play with it.

No no, by all means stick with the Queenbreaker

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, June 29, 2015, 16:11 (3222 days ago) @ TheeChaos

You killed all the people with it this weekend.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, June 29, 2015, 16:32 (3222 days ago) @ someotherguy

hahaha. I had a few good rounds. Everyone needs to try it. its so easy. The quick charge scope also kills at the same rate as the long range. 1 to the head two anywhere else. The only different is probably the long range will kill a revived player with shield in one shot. the other will not. Still need to test to verify.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 29, 2015, 18:43 (3221 days ago) @ TheeChaos

hahaha. I had a few good rounds. Everyone needs to try it. its so easy. The quick charge scope also kills at the same rate as the long range. 1 to the head two anywhere else. The only different is probably the long range will kill a revived player with shield in one shot. the other will not. Still need to test to verify.

Isn't the long range a 1-shot kill to the body as well? I was getting loads of 1-shot kills in standard crucible with it.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, June 29, 2015, 18:46 (3221 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I was not getting 1 shot body shots. I would have definitely seen it if it was. wont help for me to do a little testing.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 29, 2015, 19:10 (3221 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Isn't the long range a 1-shot kill to the body as well? I was getting loads of 1-shot kills in standard crucible with it.

No. Both scopes are one headshot kills, or two body shot kills (for full strength opponents).

Sorry Cody.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 29, 2015, 18:41 (3221 days ago) @ TheeChaos

What do you guys think of the Trials weapons?

I'm enjoying them quite a but. They aren't earth-shatteringly good, but overall they're a nice solid batch of hard-hitting guns. I used my Scholar on 2 flawless runs a few weeks ago (the extra range was great for Widow's Court.).
That being said, I'm only really chasing the adept versions. There's no such thing as too many elemental primaries :) I've got a void scholar, Solar Jewel, and Solar Summoner.

Sorry Cody.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, June 29, 2015, 18:45 (3221 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I havent seen any of the shotguns.

And Yea we played together during those trials! I remember you using it.

Sorry Cody.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, June 29, 2015, 19:02 (3221 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I have the shotgun (Astral Horizon). Has great range and better fire rate than Felwinter's, but the perks aren't the best: Replenish ammo on Super, Army of one, and Flared Magwell (5 rounds in a mag). I'd rather have Range Finder, but for what it's worth, the base stats are solid.

Sorry Cody.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 29, 2015, 19:08 (3221 days ago) @ Korny

I have the shotgun (Astral Horizon). Has great range and better fire rate than Felwinter's, but the perks aren't the best: Replenish ammo on Super, Army of one, and Flared Magwell (5 rounds in a mag). I'd rather have Range Finder, but for what it's worth, the base stats are solid.

I'm not much of a shotgun user in PvP, but I've been meaning to try it out. Do you think rangefinder, or shot package is the better perk? I was leaning toward shot package since you could get something like reenforced barrel to get more range.

Sorry Cody.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, June 29, 2015, 19:15 (3221 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm not much of a shotgun user in PvP, but I've been meaning to try it out. Do you think rangefinder, or shot package is the better perk? I was leaning toward shot package since you could get something like reenforced barrel to get more range.

Personally, I prefer Range Finder. Shot Package has a higher chance of missing (especially at range), whereas RF retains a solid kill cone at range (and I always ADS anyway). Reinforced barrel is great, especially since the tradeoffs are manageable (stability and ammo, right?), so it's up to you.

Sorry Cody.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 29, 2015, 19:27 (3221 days ago) @ Korny

Personally, I prefer Range Finder. Shot Package has a higher chance of missing (especially at range), whereas RF retains a solid kill cone at range (and I always ADS anyway). Reinforced barrel is great, especially since the tradeoffs are manageable (stability and ammo, right?), so it's up to you.

I recently had the fortune of acquiring another "secret handshake" with Hammer forged and Rangefinder. I still have (and recently ascended) the old vendor version with Hammer forged and Shot package.

I've been toying around with them in PvE scenarios, and it feels like Shot-package is the way to go there- assuming your aim is true, you're able to land more projectiles to crit spots, and the range boost provided by rangefinder doesn't make up for the damage lost to the projectiles that miss at those longer ranges. I'll probably hang on to it for dealing with Cabal, though.

Sorry Cody.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 29, 2015, 19:46 (3221 days ago) @ CyberKN

During trials, I've seen someone kill ottermack during fist of havok, while he had unstoppable, with a single shotgun blast. We were puzzled, and the only thing we could come up with was that he had shot package, and every shot was a critical.

Maybe Universal Remote?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:54 (3221 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It does TONS of damage on critical hits.

Sorry Cody.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 29, 2015, 19:44 (3221 days ago) @ Korny

Reinforced barrel is just losing stability.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread