Iron Banner Starts Tomorrow (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 29, 2015, 20:46 (3223 days ago)

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/615646852558385153

Iron Banner returns tomorrow at 10AM. Earn Gauntlets, Chest, Machinegun and for the first time ever… the Pulse Rifle (Skorri’s Revenge).

Iron Banner Starts Tomorrow

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, June 29, 2015, 21:01 (3223 days ago) @ CyberKN

Hope I could still get Skorri's in full auto!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 29, 2015, 21:52 (3223 days ago) @ CyberKN

Cool! Thanks for the heads up.

Although this will definitely put my Elder Cypher on hold...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 29, 2015, 21:54 (3223 days ago) @ CyberKN

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/615646852558385153

Iron Banner returns tomorrow at 10AM. Earn Gauntlets, Chest, Machinegun and for the first time ever… the Pulse Rifle (Skorri’s Revenge).

Can you damage anybody in Iron banner at level 23? My new Titan wants to know.

:-p

Wait, So Is The Reset Still At 4?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, June 29, 2015, 22:12 (3223 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm seriously not doing this again.

So I need as much reset info as possible.

Say, how does that trick work again?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:51 (3223 days ago) @ CyberKN

Do I have to be logged at server reset or at 10am Bungie-time?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 00:26 (3223 days ago) @ ZackDark

Log in before 10am, and be in orbit. When 10am rolls around, try to go to the tower. It'll say you don't meet the requirements. Move around some armor, and then it will let you go to the tower. You can then go in with your previous rank.

What I want to know is, if you then switch characters without going to orbit, will they still be at level 5, providing the substantial exp buff for the rest of your characters?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 01:02 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Log in before 10am, and be in orbit. When 10am rolls around, try to go to the tower. It'll say you don't meet the requirements. Move around some armor, and then it will let you go to the tower. You can then go in with your previous rank.

What I want to know is, if you then switch characters without going to orbit, will they still be at level 5, providing the substantial exp buff for the rest of your characters?

But as soon as you switch characters while in the Tower, it automatically puts you in orbit. How would that work?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 01:24 (3223 days ago) @ Mid7night

Say you do the trick with your Titan. You're in the Tower at Rank 5, and if you go to Orbit you'll reset to 0. But what if you don't go to Orbit on your Titan? What if you switch to a different character instead?

Say you switch to your Warlock. Obviously by then your Warlock would have reset to 0, but does your Titan still count as 5 for the purposes of double rep? Could you then rank up your two remaining characters at double speed, provided you don't log into your Titan again?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 01:28 (3223 days ago) @ someotherguy

Say you do the trick with your Titan. You're in the Tower at Rank 5, and if you go to Orbit you'll reset to 0. But what if you don't go to Orbit on your Titan? What if you switch to a different character instead?

Say you switch to your Warlock. Obviously by then your Warlock would have reset to 0, but does your Titan still count as 5 for the purposes of double rep? Could you then rank up your two remaining characters at double speed, provided you don't log into your Titan again?

I see what you guys are saying now, I didn't catch it before. Sounds plausible.

Nvm previous title, still have valid question

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 01:31 (3223 days ago) @ someotherguy

Is the trick merely avoiding pressing "A" on the IB message or is just seeing it triggers the reset?

If the former, you could join-in-progress from the XBL/PSN thing-a-majingies and entirely skipped pressing "A"/"X".

How competitive can a lvl 30 with no exotics be?

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 00:13 (3223 days ago) @ CyberKN

Asking for my kinderguardian titan

How competitive can a lvl 30 with no exotics be?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:46 (3222 days ago) @ electricpirate

Moderately. Luckily, it is a team game so you should be fine even if you're awful. Red Hand is a great primary, and so are the pulse rifles being sold. Try for a spare change or a high impact one with headseeker. Most kills are going to come from special anyway. Get a Party Crasher, Judgment, Felwinter's Lie, or Matador, max out range at the expense of all other perks, add shot package. A good heavy is the BTRD with ultra stability or the dead orbit rocket launcher.

With these, you'll do basically as well as anyone else.

If you are low on motes or weapon parts, roll for max range on the shotguns and you should do fine.

Got any raid gear?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread