Red Bull**** Quest (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Monday, June 29, 2015, 22:43 (3223 days ago)

Sorry, asterisk key broke there.

From Reddit:

Go to http://quest.redbull.com/us/en/claim
Enter a code that is some combination of 3, 4, 7. Use no other numbers. Use those numbers in whatever sequence you'd like.

I've gotten like 4 Focused Light so far. No Red Bull purchased. If you keep it up you'll eventually have your IP rate-limited for suspected abuse, but meh.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:01 (3223 days ago) @ petetheduck

All the codes have been used! I couldn't redeem a single one I tried.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Mad_Stylus, Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:06 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I used mine easy enough. Now to figure how to get back to that code redeem page to make sure it goes through on the date.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:11 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Mine just went through first try

Red Bull**** Quest

by petetheduck, Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:22 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah, because the Destiny Reddit is also trying to guess codes.

These are real, one-time-use codes, so there is a large possibility there are now hundreds of cans of red bull out there with dud codes printed on them. Which I'm actually really okay with, because I'd like to imagine Activision would have to deal with the repercussions.

But there are several thousand potential codes so you should be able to get one if you keep trying. I ended up with 10 Focused Light.

Red Bull**** Quest

by car15, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 00:04 (3223 days ago) @ petetheduck

I can't express in words how much I'm relishing this eventuality.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 10:35 (3222 days ago) @ petetheduck

These are real, one-time-use codes, so there is a large possibility there are now hundreds of cans of red bull out there with dud codes printed on them. Which I'm actually really okay with, because I'd like to imagine Activision would have to deal with the repercussions.

I have the opposite reaction. Thousands of innocent people might be affected. Bummer.

+1

by Warbow, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 11:28 (3222 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Red Bull**** Quest

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 14:16 (3222 days ago) @ Kermit

the way they made these codes is silly. too easy to guess. they could have put in some letters or special characters.

I imagine once people start getting their hands on redbull cans, that more patterns may emerge, and more guesswork will begin.

So I bought a red bull. Code is Alphanumeric

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 11:26 (3221 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

no sure what the deal was yesterday with just numeric codes.

Red Bull**** Quest

by petetheduck, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 17:45 (3222 days ago) @ Kermit

I have the opposite reaction. Thousands of innocent people might be affected. Bummer.

So Activision's greedy practices should be made invulnerable by way of human shields?

Yeah, I hope people ARE affected and DO complain and cause a huge headache for Red Bull and Activision to deter this kind of promotional garbage from happening again. It's for the greater good.

Halo fans were tricksters. Destiny fans are cheesers. I don't know what they expected having codes generated this way.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 17:48 (3222 days ago) @ petetheduck

So Activision's greedy practices should be made invulnerable by way of human shields?

Yeah, I hope people ARE affected and DO complain and cause a huge headache for Red Bull and Activision to deter this kind of promotional garbage from happening again. It's for the greater good.

Halo fans were tricksters. Destiny fans are cheesers. I don't know what they expected having codes generated this way.

So you are saying I should just go into Ralph's, copy the codes from the cans, leave without buying them, and post them on here? How far would you go? By the way if you say yes I'd have no problem doing what I just outlined.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 17:58 (3222 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So you are saying I should just go into Ralph's, copy the codes from the cans, leave without buying them, and post them on here? How far would you go? By the way if you say yes I'd have no problem doing what I just outlined.

The codes are printed on the underside of the tab you use to open the can - so it's pretty much impossible to see the code without actually opening the can.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:03 (3222 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The codes are printed on the underside of the tab you use to open the can - so it's pretty much impossible to see the code without actually opening the can.

[image]

Red Bull**** Quest

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:17 (3222 days ago) @ petetheduck

Sounds like a shoplifter's rationalization to me. Yeah, this store is always over priced, and it's not my fault they left the door unlocked. They're bastards. I'm a good person. Yeah, that's the ticket.

+1

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:37 (3222 days ago) @ Kermit

I hope what Claude said is right, and this is just some testing stuff. I hope there isn't some 12 year old who spent his lawn mowing money on Red Bull for the new mission who gets screwed over.

I hope the system is more robust.

+1

by petetheduck, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 20:45 (3222 days ago) @ Funkmon

I hope what Claude said is right, and this is just some testing stuff. I hope there isn't some 12 year old who spent his lawn mowing money on Red Bull for the new mission who gets screwed over.

I hope the system is more robust.

I feel like everyone is ignoring the actual issue here, being that Activision is the reason that 12 year old has to spend his lawn mowing money in the first place.

Red Bull**** Quest

by petetheduck, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 20:41 (3222 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by petetheduck, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 20:54

Sounds like a shoplifter's rationalization to me. Yeah, this store is always over priced, and it's not my fault they left the door unlocked. They're bastards. I'm a good person. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I'm loving this--you had a problem with what I said to Ragashingo, but you're calling me a shoplifter?

Let me explain the situation: I'm PAYING $40, with money, to purchase the DLC I want. But a portion of that DLC that will be installed on my system requires a password to unlock, unless I want to wait 3 months to access it without a password. To get a password, Activision wants me to buy a completely unrelated food product that I do not like.. but as it turns out, the password is password.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:26 (3222 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm loving this--you had a problem with what I said to Ragashingo, but you're calling me a shoplifter?

Let me explain the situation: I'm PAYING $40, with money, to purchase the DLC I want. But a portion of that DLC that will be installed on my system requires a password to unlock, unless I want to wait 3 months to access it without a password. To get a password, Activision wants me to buy a completely unrelated food product that I do not like.. but as it turns out, the password is password.

I don't remember exactly what you said to Raga. Should've left off the word shoplifter and my point would've been the same. Your rationalization sounds like another rationalization I can think of – that is several steps away from calling you a shoplifter.

I think what you're saying is that this cross-promotion is somehow unethical. I think that's a matter of opinion, but even if it's true, one bad turn doesn't justify another.

Red Bull**** Quest

by petetheduck, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:44 (3222 days ago) @ Kermit

I don't remember exactly what you said to Raga. Should've left off the word shoplifter and my point would've been the same. Your rationalization sounds like another rationalization I can think of – that is several steps away from calling you a shoplifter.

The parallels are absolutely fantastic, except I didn't take things personally and get all offended.

I think what you're saying is that this cross-promotion is somehow unethical. I think that's a matter of opinion, but even if it's true, one bad turn doesn't justify another.

The great thing here is that we are both totally okay with the choices we made in this situation. Win-win.

All right, Grif.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 00:34 (3222 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by Funkmon, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 00:41

Whether or not you think Activision is bad is irrelevant.

It is their right to do with their stuff what they want. You are taking their stuff. If they want to charge you $40 for something but hold back a mission, it's their shit and their right to do it.

Say you own a concert venue with a line outside. You charge a small fee to get in a priority line to get in earlier than the normal people, and these people get a ticket. Someone figured out how to spoof tickets, and now people are getting in that line who didn't pay. But it's suddenly all right for them to con you out of your money for your business and your venue and your service because they don't like that you're charging more for priority seating?

I don't think so. I don't like these microtransaction things either, but it's definitely not our right to take THEIR STUFF that THEY put a price point and availability restrictions on because WE don't like it.

It reminds me of Grif from the NYC2 PSA from Red Vs. Blue.

Grif: Does anyone have the new Creed C.D.?
Church: I have it.
Grif: Give it to me, right now.
Church: Give it to you, why would I do that?
Grif: You're not giving it to me! Give it to me faster!
Church: Wait, that's illegal.
Grif: No it isn't. I don't want it to be illegal, therefore it isn't. That's the way it works.

EDIT: I just want to say this probably isn't legally stealing. Almost certainly not. But still. :P

All right, Grif.

by Avateur @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 03:49 (3221 days ago) @ Funkmon

You totally just quoted from my favorite RedvsBlue PSA of all time! :D

Warning: The following is heavily sarcastic, beats a dead horse deader, and pokes fun at a corporation.

Simmons: Pardon me my friend, but I am Activson royaly, and I need you to buy this Red Bull. Please ignore the fact that I can't spell Activision. Or royalty.

Doc: Would you like to buy some emotes? Digital rates have never been lower!

Grif: Hey Funkmon, we have all the filthiest Collector's Edition deals on the internet. They're hopped up on controversy, and they're waiting for you.

Sarge: Would you like a bigger penis?! Where would you like it?! I could suggest some places!

Doc: You could put it in escrow.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 16:06 (3221 days ago) @ petetheduck

The great thing here is that we are both totally okay with the choices we made in this situation. Win-win.

That's all well and good if you was only you and Kermit being affected. You forgot about the kid who plays by the rules and buys the Red Bull and maybe gets nothing because you used / stole the code from him. It doesn't matter if corporate greed or bad programming or icky marketing is involved, your actions stop being even close to ethical when theres the possibility you're hurting the experience of other people.

Heh, to look at it another way, there'd be the chance that the kid would go buy another pack of Red Bull because his first code didn't work and none of us want that! :p

Red Bull**** Quest

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 16:15 (3221 days ago) @ Ragashingo

That's all well and good if you was only you and Kermit being affected. You forgot about the kid who plays by the rules and buys the Red Bull and maybe gets nothing because you used / stole the code from him. It doesn't matter if corporate greed or bad programming or icky marketing is involved, your actions stop being even close to ethical when theres the possibility you're hurting the experience of other people.

Except that all the people reporting in about REAL codes mention the fact that they include letters, as well.

None of the codes utilized in this thread match those real codes.

That's okay then? :/

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 16:18 (3221 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

It's a different discussion.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 16:28 (3221 days ago) @ someotherguy

It takes from "you're stealing from some poor kid" to a more abstract place.

I guess it goes from "you're stealing from some poor kid" to "you're stealing from a megacorporation that won't even notice".

I didn't say it was okay - I simply said it wasn't what Raga was describing it as.

It's basically the plot to superman 3

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 16:57 (3221 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

Red Bull**** Quest

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 16:23 (3221 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Except that all the people reporting in about REAL codes mention the fact that they include letters, as well.

Right. And that's good. But as far as I can tell people were guessing codes before they knew they weren't depriving others from using them. And petetheduck said he was in favor of causing problems for others in order to protest this whole situation. I don't like petetheduck's view where results are results no matter who has to get hurt along the way. I take Herzog's view:

Principles are results, they are ends in themselves.

'course Herzog hit a bridge right after that, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. :)

Red Bull**** Quest

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 16:59 (3221 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Right. And that's good. But as far as I can tell people were guessing codes before they knew they weren't depriving others from using them. And petetheduck said he was in favor of causing problems for others in order to protest this whole situation. I don't like petetheduck's view where results are results no matter who has to get hurt along the way. I take Herzog's view:

Principles are results, they are ends in themselves.

I totally heard that in this guy's voice.

[image]

That works too! :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 17:02 (3221 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Full disclosure ...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 17:15 (3221 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm probably going to buy a can of Red Bull just because I've never tried it, and this provides a excuse to do so. I anticipate hating it but figure I can always use it as a toilet cleaner.

Never bought any of the gamer fuel back in the day because I hate Mountain Dew.

Full disclosure ...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 17:29 (3221 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm probably going to buy a can of Red Bull just because I've never tried it, and this provides a excuse to do so. I anticipate hating it but figure I can always use it as a toilet cleaner.

Never bought any of the gamer fuel back in the day because I hate Mountain Dew.

The original Gamerfuel (orange one) was delicious, and I didn't care for Mountain Dew back then. Subsequent gamefuel hasn't been as good, though, but the Halo 4 one was alright...

You won't like red bull unless you enjoy the taste of copper, but I suppose you're not planning on making it a regular purchase...

Full disclosure ...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 18:17 (3221 days ago) @ Korny

You won't like red bull unless you enjoy the taste of copper, but I suppose you're not planning on making it a regular purchase...

Agreed. Although the red and yellow flavors of Red Bull are pretty good for energy drinks (too bad they aren't covered by the promotion).

I've found Red Bull surprisingly tasty

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 23:55 (3221 days ago) @ Kermit

Too bad it gave me one of the worst headaches I have ever had. Almost fucked up a 4-friend road trip, since I was one out of two drivers...

Red Bull**** Quest

by petetheduck, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 21:00 (3221 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Heh, to look at it another way, there'd be the chance that the kid would go buy another pack of Red Bull because his first code didn't work and none of us want that! :p

Like happens when you post personal information of other people online so that they can be subject to witchhunting?

Ah, Ragashingo. Good times.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 21:52 (3221 days ago) @ petetheduck

Like happens when you post personal information of other people online so that they can be subject to witchhunting?

There's a lot of interesting debate to be had around that topic and this one, for sure. I really would love to dig into both, but I don't believe you are mature enough to engage in a fair and honest debate of such things. Therefore, I'll leave you with this simple question:

If it was so wrong for me to ignore the possibility of hurting the experience of other people, why did you "...hope people ARE affected and DO complain..." about the potential of their Red Bull promotional codes being used up?

Red Bull**** Quest

by petetheduck, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 22:22 (3221 days ago) @ Ragashingo

There's a lot of interesting debate to be had around that topic and this one, for sure. I really would love to dig into both, but I don't believe you are mature enough to engage in a fair and honest debate of such things. Therefore, I'll leave you with this simple question:

And now we've moved out of friendly debate territory. If you want to discuss this maybe try coming in from an angle where the person you are debating isn't taking a "view where results are results no matter who has to get hurt along the way" or whatever other crap you want to make up. You make some good points below, but it's far overshadowed with the crap you're making up about people in this post and the last.*

Red Bull**** Quest

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 23:36 (3221 days ago) @ petetheduck

If all you are mature enough to do is parrot my past words back at me while ignoring the topic at hand, then I see no reason to continue this further. You clearly aren't ready to have a grown-up conversation.

Good day, sir!

Red Bull**** Quest

by petetheduck, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 00:42 (3221 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by petetheduck, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 00:47

If all you are mature enough to do is parrot my past words back at me while ignoring the topic at hand, then I see no reason to continue this further. You clearly aren't ready to have a grown-up conversation.

Good day, sir!

I didn't bother watching the youtube link. It was probably too mature for me anyway.

I have enjoyed the parallels between this conversation and the witchhunting one because of the kind of role reversal that has been going on. So I was curious how you and Kermit would react when presented with that.

I see no difference between the severity of what you said to me in this thread and what I previously said to you in the other, yet in that thread you took offense to my words and immediately the thread topic was ignored and it became about what words I used and nothing else.

You set me up so perfectly to see how you would react to the same behavior. The same words, even. How would Ragashingo respond to Ragashingo? I have my answer, and I'll now let you have the last word.

I have been exceptionally transparent in this thread, I don't know why there is any confusion. This thread has become like debating the Trolley Problem--there is no universal solution. You guys might think the correct solution is to walk away and not participate, but I saw a potential for my agenda to benefit.

Enjoy your Red Bull.

Red Bull**** Quest

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 12:16 (3220 days ago) @ petetheduck

Good day, sir!

I didn't bother watching the youtube link. It was probably too mature for me anyway.

I have enjoyed the parallels between this conversation and the witchhunting one because of the kind of role reversal that has been going on. So I was curious how you and Kermit would react when presented with that.

I see no difference between the severity of what you said to me in this thread and what I previously said to you in the other, yet in that thread you took offense to my words and immediately the thread topic was ignored and it became about what words I used and nothing else.

You set me up so perfectly to see how you would react to the same behavior. The same words, even. How would Ragashingo respond to Ragashingo? I have my answer, and I'll now let you have the last word.

I have been exceptionally transparent in this thread, I don't know why there is any confusion. This thread has become like debating the Trolley Problem--there is no universal solution. You guys might think the correct solution is to walk away and not participate, but I saw a potential for my agenda to benefit.

Enjoy your Red Bull.

Now that my memory has been jogged about that old debate, I'll just say that the big issue for me was you making assumptions about Raga's motives. (Most of us who post a lot and get into debates have been guilty of that at some point--it's a bad sign if I'm unhappy and I'm beginning a sentence with "You ...".) Declaring what Raga's ends were, and stating that he intended harm became a big part of the debate.

The difference here is that the debate began after you clearly stated what your ends were. The debate here was about whether your ends justified your means.

Agreed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 12:50 (3220 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Red Bull**** Quest

by petetheduck, Friday, July 03, 2015, 00:12 (3220 days ago) @ Kermit

Good day, sir!

Enjoy your Red Bull.

Now that my memory has been jogged about that old debate, I'll just say that the big issue for me was you making assumptions about Raga's motives. (Most of us who post a lot and get into debates have been guilty of that at some point--it's a bad sign if I'm unhappy and I'm beginning a sentence with "You ...".) Declaring what Raga's ends were, and stating that he intended harm became a big part of the debate.

The difference here is that the debate began after you clearly stated what your ends were. The debate here was about whether your ends justified your means.

I'm glad I was able to make things simpler for everyone involved by actually having a clear understanding of the cause and effects involved and aligning my motivations with reality.

It's kind of like you guys are trying to have a debate at me. Like I'm somehow concerned about whether my ends justify my means.

I've also learned that "you" is Kermit and Ragashingo's trigger word. You guys.

I'm pretty sure none of the arguments that happen on this form would really happen face to face, when we can use non-text communication clues. When 3 letters can derail an entire conversation, I think you guys had/have as bad an assumption about my motivations in using that word as you claim I had about Ragashingo's motivations in witchhunting.

I should have probably said this a long time ago, and I doubt you'll believe me or care, but let me try to express it now. I don't choose my words carefully. You'll know that if you ever talk to me in person or maybe you've picked it up on Xbox Live. So I kind've wrote this off internally as a "maybe it's just how I talk" thing, but let me give an example.

Have you ever used "you" in a more general sense?

Let's say someone is telling you about how their friend cheated on their girlfriend but is now trying to get her back and keeps telling her he loves her.

You might make a comment like:

"That's ridiculous, if you love someone you wouldn't cheat on them."

Sure, in a way "you" is referring to that specific friend, that individual person. But at the same time, it has a real meaning in a more general sense in terms of the circumstances. "You" could refer to anyone and is more a commentary on the situation.

Honestly, that's how I meant it when I said it to Ragashingo. I wasn't sufficiently invested in the text I was replying to on a message board to mean him directly, his soul and essence, his deepest desires and moral compass.

Wow

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:47 (3223 days ago) @ petetheduck

I can't believe that actually works. Who built this thing, interns?

Huh *EDIT*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:48 (3223 days ago) @ petetheduck

That was easy!

Thanks, pete!

EDIT: Scratch that... Sure would be nice to know the code was redeemed BEFORE it linked me to B.net...

3 distinct numbers, in a sequence of 8...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 00:42 (3223 days ago) @ petetheduck

...according to this randomly-picked combination generator I found with Google, gives a grand total of...

6561 total combinations.

That seems low.

3 distinct numbers, in a sequence of 8...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 00:47 (3223 days ago) @ CyberKN

...according to this randomly-picked combination generator I found with Google, gives a grand total of...

6561 total combinations.

That seems low.

QUITE.

I got 5 tho! :)

Yup, 3^8 = 6561 Combinations

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 00:56 (3223 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

I'd be shocked if each code could only be used once

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 05:01 (3222 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Maybe I'm missing something... why would they be multi-use?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 19:07 (3221 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

I think this is stealing.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 01:30 (3223 days ago) @ petetheduck

We will probably make up a combination that someone will buy and he will be out his special consumable.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 01:45 (3223 days ago) @ Funkmon

Yeah, I'm going to be a bit irritated when I buy the stupid can of Red Bull to unlock the story mission and find out the code has already been used.

-Disciple

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 01:46 (3223 days ago) @ Funkmon

We will probably make up a combination that someone will buy and he will be out his special consumable.

Hopefully not. Seems like they might have reserved numbers that only included three random numbers for testing - and we used all THOSE up.

(Still a ridiculously poorly executed system - but I'd like to think they've got a LITTLE bit of thought behind it. ;) )

Agreed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 02:09 (3223 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 02:18 (3223 days ago) @ Funkmon

He would then just bitch to Activision until they gave him a working code.

Time is money.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:39 (3222 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

I picked up a can today...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:53 (3222 days ago) @ petetheduck

FWIW, the code on the underside of my tab is eight digits, but with some combination of 3s, 4s, 7s, and letters. I haven't put the code in yet, but am hopeful that with the inclusion of letters it won't be used already. Hopefully all cans have letters on them, so all the people just plugging in numbers won't be "stealing" from people that spent hard-earned cash on a $3.50 12oz can.

$3.50?!

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:56 (3222 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Holy tapdancing Christ! I thought I'd just have to pay $2 for an 8 oz thing!

I'm glad the letters are in there and I hope they have a better code system.

$3.50?!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 19:17 (3222 days ago) @ Funkmon

Holy tapdancing Christ! I thought I'd just have to pay $2 for an 8 oz thing!

I'm glad the letters are in there and I hope they have a better code system.

At least at the 7-11 by my office, the only cans with the Destiny marketing on them are the 12oz cans. Neither the 8oz cans, nor any of the other (much-better-tasting) flavor options had the Destiny stuff. Then again, IIRC, this promotion wasn't supposed to start until July 1st - so I guess it's possible the might be more options over the coming month(s).

$3.50?!

by Yapok @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 11:28 (3221 days ago) @ Funkmon

[image]

they were 2 for $5.33 at my 7-11

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 11:30 (3221 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

92.2 Miles.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 03:10 (3221 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread