Prediction about TTK gear (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 15:40 (3215 days ago)

Consider this an educated guess:

Current gear will not ascend to TTK levels. However, those doors in the tower by the speaker will be open, leading to a residence dwelling for your guardian. In there, you can keep all your old gear on display so you don't have to get rid of it.

Prediction about TTK gear

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 16:10 (3215 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Consider this an educated guess:

Current gear will not ascend to TTK levels. However, those doors in the tower by the speaker will be open, leading to a residence dwelling for your guardian. In there, you can keep all your old gear on display so you don't have to get rid of it.

Guessing you are right. But with Exotics being able to continue to be upgradable.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 16:34 (3215 days ago) @ unoudid

Wasnt the whole reason they did etheric light to prevent this? So that your hard earned gear wasnt useless after the new gear came out?

Why would they turn around and take that way?

OR do you mean it wont ascend automatically?

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 16:38 (3215 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Wasnt the whole reason they did etheric light to prevent this? So that your hard earned gear wasnt useless after the new gear came out?

They very carefully chose their language about Etheric light whenever they spoke about it. They were careful to say that you could bring everything up to "Year 1 max."

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:12 (3215 days ago) @ electricpirate

They very carefully chose their language about Etheric light whenever they spoke about it. They were careful to say that you could bring everything up to "Year 1 max."

Won't they just add a new consumable at some point? Transcendent light: upgrade weapons & armor to year 2 max.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:21 (3215 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Won't they just add a new consumable at some point? Transcendent light: Red Bull: upgrade weapons & armor to year 2 max.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 16:53 (3215 days ago) @ TheeChaos

i think that there will come a point when they will force everyone to use new weapons. I would expect that time to come with Destiny 2, but it might be with TTK.

I think if you look at the way perks are handled now vs when the game launched, you can see this. Other than VOG weapons/armor, you really cannot get your hands on any of the gear from launch. The perks on launch gear was generally better than the perks we are seeing now.

They dropped field scout. Armor used to give super from any kill, now it's for specific types of kills (ie, melee kills refill super, grenade kills refill super). Gun stats have tradeoffs, no more high ROF and high impact. Shank Burn (WTF? it's the weakest enemy in game).

I imagine that there will come a time when Bungie tires of the "Gjallarhorn's Overwhelmingly Ability of Toppling Destiny's Indomitable Creatures Kinectly"

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 17:27 (3215 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I imagine that there will come a time when Bungie tires of the "Gjallarhorn's Overwhelmingly Ability of Toppling Destiny's Indomitable Creatures Kinectly"

I actually imagine them hating the ballerhorn more than anything else in the game.... well, maybe less than cheesers. but still, the ballerhorn dominates anything with Void, Arc or Solar Burn shields.

Rotating Shield Turkey Cabal in PoE is always destroyed by Gjallarhorn no matter the shield color.

there is no boss that makes me as mad as that one does.....

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:21 (3215 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:27 (3215 days ago) @ CommandrCleavage

Eh? He's not bad. Just kill everyone else then gang up on him with whatever. And, if you outfit your fire team so each of you has a different damage type one person can cut through the shield then the others can pound his health...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:55 (3215 days ago) @ Ragashingo

If you go to the back of the arena, you are really safe and as a bonus can look over the barrier and just unload round after round into him with your shotgun, and not be shot back.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 19:04 (3215 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If you go to the back of the arena, you are really safe and as a bonus can look over the barrier and just unload round after round into him with your shotgun, and not be shot back.

Yeah... well, I have three separate runs against this level that say that this advice is BULLSHIT. (We got Imperial Centurions coming in every single time. They're killable from a distance - but they're murder up close - especially when there are two, one on either side of you, and you have NOWHERE TO GO.)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 19:13 (3215 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah. The yellow bars that hop over the wall are the only thing that gives us any trouble. I always have a solar shotgun ready (still usually takes 4-5 shots to kill one though) and encourage at least one other person to have one too in case we get overwhelmed.

Shotguns. Shotguns everywhere.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 20:38 (3215 days ago) @ Claude Errera

What REALLY sucks, though, is when Arc Burn is on. I can't even begin to measure how much sheer hate I feel at Psion Majors and their psychic attack...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:10 (3215 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:44

Yeah... well, I have three separate runs against this level that say that this advice is BULLSHIT. (We got Imperial Centurions coming in every single time. They're killable from a distance - but they're murder up close - especially when there are two, one on either side of you, and you have NOWHERE TO GO.)

That's when you kill them immediately with your found verdict or shotgun of choice. If they come in at you, they are essentially dead. This by far the easiest and quickest way to do it.

Invective all day long

by TeejayF, Sunny California, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 21:40 (3214 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Don't worry Sched...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:25 (3215 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I too carefully work on my capitalization...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 16:42 (3215 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Educated based on what? Just the "year one" language or do you know something the rest of us don't?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread