Anyone in the Xbox Preview Program? (Gaming)

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 21:19 (3221 days ago)

I've been trying to get in for ages but I always seem to miss it anytime there is an open enrollment. Well, apparently, members can now invite people on their Friends list to join the program. Would anyone be kind enough to hook me up with an invite? I would be most grateful.

I sent an invite to every DBOer on my friends list.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 21:22 (3221 days ago) @ Mariachi

So clearly you weren't on my friends list! What's your gamertag?

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 21:34 (3221 days ago) @ Funkmon

Sounds like we have two problems to remedy then! My gamertag is the same as on here: Mariachi

I just added you as a friend.

P.S. This officially makes you my hero...

Hey, I want in on this mooching action!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:05 (3221 days ago) @ Funkmon

KornyMunky, y'all know what it is!

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:07 (3221 days ago) @ Korny

I wouldn't mind getting in on this either. Is there/has there been anything to make it worth it?

Done.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:10 (3221 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:11 (3221 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I wouldn't mind getting in on this either. Is there/has there been anything to make it worth it?

Game streaming to Windows 10 and backwards compatibility (even with the current limited library) have been pretty cool. What's your GT?

-Disciple

just invited them both

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:15 (3221 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

just invited them both

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:26 (3221 days ago) @ Kermit

Perfect, thanks! I might have to dig out my Mass Effect now.

just invited them both

by DerekT07, Tennessee, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 23:48 (3221 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd love to check out the preview program as well if that's cool. I think I'm already friends with Kermit, but my GT is DerekT07 just in case. Thanks guys!

Morphous and I too please

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 13:47 (3221 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 02:30 (3221 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've been playing with the limited backward compatibility but so far that's it. In case it matters, I will send duplicate invites to folks.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 11:31 (3221 days ago) @ Funkmon

When was this? I didn't get one

No, You Haven't.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 12:29 (3221 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I'm in the preview program...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:27 (3221 days ago) @ Mariachi

If anyone wants an invite, just send me a friend request. My gamertag is the same as my DBO name: CruelLEGACEY

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:41 (3221 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

FR sent. Mid7night :D

by rhubarb, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 23:31 (3221 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

FR sent. GutsyToaster

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 14:51 (3221 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

sent, didn;t realize you were on Xthrone

by SwimLessons, Alabama, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 16:42 (3220 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Sent you a FR :)
GT: Swim Lessons

Anyone in the Xbox Preview Program?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 23:16 (3221 days ago) @ Mariachi

Someone gave me an invite a while back and I didn't finish the sign-up process, mainly because it looked like I'd be required to sign up for and use some forum and give feedback on the preview stuff and I was concerned about how well everything worked. So did I read that correctly or is feedback just very encouraged? How stable is the preview dashboard and other software? (I co-host a custom game night every week and a lot of the time I'm party lead, and I don't want it crashing and messing up other people's experience.) I might actually be fully in the program now, I'm not sure, I never agreed to the final thing but I seem to have the option to use the preview dashboard. If and when I get fully into the program I'll be sure to invite anyone that wants in.

Anyone in the Xbox Preview Program?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 23:20 (3221 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Someone gave me an invite a while back and I didn't finish the sign-up process, mainly because it looked like I'd be required to sign up for and use some forum and give feedback on the preview stuff and I was concerned about how well everything worked. So did I read that correctly or is feedback just very encouraged? How stable is the preview dashboard and other software?

Fairly stable, from what I can tell. I don't think I've seen much of anything happen with this version that didn't happen before, at least in terms of network performance and overrall stability.

(I co-host a custom game night every week and a lot of the time I'm party lead, and I don't want it crashing and messing up other people's experience.) I might actually be fully in the program now, I'm not sure, I never agreed to the final thing but I seem to have the option to use the preview dashboard. If and when I get fully into the program I'll be sure to invite anyone that wants in.

Do be prepared to wait several days. After a player sends you an invite, they say it can take up to 48 hours to be notified, but it can be longer. After that you'll get a message and be prompted to download an app called Preview or something like that, and you'll be tempted to think you're in-- but you're not! You've just entered the waiting room.

After downloading the app, you can use it to check the status of your preview application. It will say "pending" for up to-- you guessed it! 48 hours. For me it was actually longer, and I think only business days count.

That said, backwards compatibility is working OK for me, at least on one title-- doing a video let's play of Mass Effect 1 and I've already switched it over to the new box.

Can Phisto get an invite too?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 22:06 (3220 days ago) @ Mariachi

This is my favorite forum on the Citadel.

Done.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 23:33 (3220 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

This is my favorite forum on the Citadel.

ur the best

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 00:31 (3220 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

No, imdabes!

by Funkmon @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 04:52 (3220 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

No, imdabes!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 06:37 (3220 days ago) @ Funkmon

At the end of a PvP match, this music needs to be playing while they highlight your character dancing if you win the "best around medal".

Do do do do do do dum dum dum do do do

by Funkmon @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 15:41 (3220 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

dun wury i <3 u all

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 21:41 (3219 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I NEED IT

by SwimLessons, Alabama, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 16:54 (3220 days ago) @ Mariachi

Whoever gets me in will win my heart's devotion for life <3
GT: Swim Lessons

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread