Exotic Heavy Weapon: Deuces Wild (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 10:50 (3232 days ago)

First off, I don't have any mad photoshop skills, so this will look pretty plain. I gets my point across though.

What's the one weapon type we are obviously missing in Destiny? That's right, the grenade launcher. Staple of many a shooter franchise.

Introducing Deuces Wild: description reads "Time to show your hand."

[image]

As you can see, Deuces Wild is a double barrel, breakdown style noob tube. I'm imagining this releasing with TTK (which is Hive based). I wanted it to kinda fit the theme of Dragons Breath by having a mid 20th century weapons look. I also imagined something like this on the side.

[image]

Stats: Since it lobs grenades (not rockets), I didn't want it to be a OHK(PvP). So I'd set an impact rating such that it does about as much damage as current nades, I'm going with 150 dmg in PvP, and it should kill low level mobs in PvE with one, but need multiple hits for majors/ultras of course. Blast radius would also be more in line with a nade, maybe half of a Rocket. RoF would be same as the fastest RL can fire. Velocity is slow, just slightly faster than throwing a nade, with Stability very high. Reload speed would be medium. 2 round mag, with 8 in reserve for a total of 10.

Perks:

Perk 1: Killing Frenzy - kills speed up reload for a short time
Perk 2: Choice of Javelin (increased projectile speed), Single Point Sling (Faster Weapon Swap), or Speed Reload
Exotic Perk-"Dazed and Confused": "Taking damage from this weapon alters enemy movements". For PvP it will invert the analog sticks for players for 5 seconds. For PvE, enemies will randomly turn, look up or down and fire their weapon for 5 seconds.

This weapon kinda fits the sillyness of some of the more recent exotics without being OP. Its exotic perk is quite useful, but should also provide for some smiles as well. I'm imagining a hive Boomer Knight shooting at the floor while spinning :)

Yes pls

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 12:06 (3232 days ago) @ red robber

I seriously want a heavy weapon that is a big ass shotgun like this, just firing cannonballs.

And the naming motif is also appreciated. Alternate names could also be any AC/DC song name:

- Whole Lotta Rosie
- Moneytalks
- Big Balls
- Shoot to Thrill
- Thunderstruck
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsXJitaiVo

the list goes on.

Exotic Heavy Weapon: Deuces Wild

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 12:23 (3232 days ago) @ red robber

I also want more trick shot weapons. Which either take a lot of skill or luck.

Manually Guided Rocket Launcher, please

by Earendil, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 14:37 (3232 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Have a rocket launcher where after firing, the rocket turns based on your look direction. Make it hard enough where it's use case is small, probably isn't the best use of a rocket, but would be hella satisfying if you hit your target.

Why not just go full on Redeemer? :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 15:53 (3232 days ago) @ Earendil

- No text -

Exotic Heavy Weapon: Deuces Wild

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 17:51 (3232 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I agree. My thought was that these rounds wouldn't explode on impact, but react more like Reach's nade launcher. Projectiles arm after hitting any object and explode maybe 1-2 sec later. So you could bounce them around corners and into rooms with capture points.

Could be a special

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 12:33 (3232 days ago) @ red robber

IMO, Grenade launchers could work well as a special class of weapon.

Great work on the art, looks great.

Could be a special

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 17:47 (3232 days ago) @ electricpirate

Can't take credit for the art, those are just photos I found on the web. I was gonna try to edit them together but kept screwing it up. I'm horrible with art stuff.

Love the name!

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 16:40 (3232 days ago) @ red robber

Great tagline, too! The "Dazed and Confused" perk sounds like a lot of fun.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread