ToO Primary Suggestions (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 14:37 (3233 days ago)

I would prefer if it wasn't an exotic and not a Handcannon cause I suck with them.

I like Red Death and I'm want to try Midas if I was going to go exotic but I wanted to know if there was another good choice. I'm also intrigued by Red Robber's Pulse Rifle.

ToO Primary Suggestions

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 14:53 (3233 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

You are going to need something 365 if you do trials. So no blues. Messanger is great but if you don't have that Three Little Words and Hopscotch pilgrim are close substitutes.

ToO Primary Suggestions

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 14:58 (3233 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You are going to need something 365 if you do trials. So no blues. Messanger is great but if you don't have that Three Little Words and Hopscotch pilgrim are close substitutes.

I have Three Little Words, but the fire rate is so low that it reminds me more of a hand cannon.

That's basically what you're going to get.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 15:02 (3233 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

ToO Primary Suggestions

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 17:02 (3233 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

no exotic and no handcannon!!! DO YOU EVEN WANT TO WIN!

Just messing, my primary is usually jewel of osiris. if I had to pick something other than that it would probably have to by hygiea noblesse. or just stick to party crasher or sniping.

ToO Primary Suggestions

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 18:43 (3232 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

A couple of suggestions you could try:

NL Shadow 701x w/full auto for an auto rifle like substitute. Its about as close as you can get to the old Suros pre-nerf. I'd suggest getting Braced Frame/Hand Laid Stock/Smallbore in the 2nd column of perks to increase stability. 3rd perk is your preference. 3rd eye is always great, but I find it slightly less useful in trials because there are less enemies and you are typically calling them out. Also you generally know where engagements are taking place. I would suggest Zen moment for extra stability, or hidden hand to keep on target during rapid fire. Crowd control may be worth looking into, because if I'm correct, it will take you from a 5 shot to a 4 shot with precision damage.

Also in the scout rifle group is the One/One Synesthete from the Vanguard. It's the same RoF/Impact as Mida, without using an exotic slot. You can even build it into a mini Mida. Battlerunner, Lightweight, Third Eye. I'm a stability fan so I went with hand laid stock to give me a near perfect stability. I also rolled full auto because I have a lazy trigger finger.

I'll admit I'm not the best player, so I have learned to play the roll of support class. Staying alive and keeping my Squad leaders revived is my number 1 priority. I can easily do that with a good auto rifle like U4A or a single burst from ALLfate. Then move back and let them snipe the wounded target. Running Crest of Alpha Lupi I can quick revive, make three orbs with my Defender bubble (guaranteed) and an additional three if they damage my bubble enough.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread