Hard to Win IB playing against this (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 17:30 (3232 days ago)

Zero, I and a few others played IB for a bit last night. Started off great, then went down hill quickly. It was almost as if none of my bullets counted. Then this type of stuff happened. I almost left (and my mic didn't work so I couldn't explain to Zero why I would be leaving). But I am unsure how I am supposed to play against these people and win? Is there even a reason to attempt? Or I am just missing something and I am at fault here?

http://xboxclips.com/ChrisTheeCrappy/1e022a08-5f3a-4db5-9a7d-b25703d76065

http://xboxclips.com/ChrisTheeCrappy/0b027f1a-2fc8-46bf-aade-805ab4c8ab21

Hard to Win IB playing against this

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 17:34 (3232 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I have that happen alot with the blade dancers. and It seemed my melees were off a bit lst night too. I am on PS4. The one where you shotgunned and meleed the guy then got killed by his rocket was complete BS.

But I feel your pain.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 17:42 (3232 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Zero, I and a few others played IB for a bit last night. Started off great, then went down hill quickly. It was almost as if none of my bullets counted. Then this type of stuff happened. I almost left (and my mic didn't work so I couldn't explain to Zero why I would be leaving). But I am unsure how I am supposed to play against these people and win? Is there even a reason to attempt? Or I am just missing something and I am at fault here?

http://xboxclips.com/ChrisTheeCrappy/1e022a08-5f3a-4db5-9a7d-b25703d76065

http://xboxclips.com/ChrisTheeCrappy/0b027f1a-2fc8-46bf-aade-805ab4c8ab21

You're not missing anything, I don't think. The first one is actually pretty common - there seems to be an instant of invulnerability when someone starts the blink animation. Your shotgun blast was a little off-center (you hit his back as he was passing), so rather than kill him, you brought him down to a sliver of health. The knife should have finished him - except for that blink invulnerability. The spin and fire manouver was actually beautiful - you gotta give him credit for that. :)

Bladedancing... is a crap shoot. Sometimes I see what you saw (lots of fire on the guy, as he passes you he's got full health again), sometimes he goes down just before he gets to me. I don't understand all the parts of the talent tree well enough to know when it's network shenanigans, and when it's just that my opponent is using his perks way better than I'm using my guns.

All that said, IB is ALWAYS laggier than regular crucible... and Day 1 is especially so. That's just what you deal with. :(

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 17:50 (3232 days ago) @ Claude Errera

One of the Blade Dancer talents is Hungering Blade which starts health regen on a melee kill similar to what a Striker Titan does when he activates the Transfusion perk and gets a Shoulder Charge or melee kill. It makes Bladedancers really hard to kill unless your team is able to keep a constant stream of fire on them. If they kill your buddy and only have a sliver of health left they'll be back near full by the time you wait for them to cross the room and try to shotgun them in the face.

Yar. Super formidable. Skittering silver doom.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 21:30 (3232 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 18:50 (3232 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yea my shot was off, but the stab threw him! He had a couple of other amazingly quick turns that I just don't believe are possible, I marked him as someone I never want to play with again on Xbox.

The blade dancer can regen health, but my issue was that he was 10-15ft away, then I was dead. As if he teleported (not blinked).

It just makes it hard to want to play when the same things you do to other people work, but then some people it doesn't. It's like the gun magically just stops working, and I needed to vent :)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 19:48 (3232 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

The first clip is the kind of nonsense I see all the time during IB. That guy should be dead. I don't buy Claude's claim on blink invulnerability (sorry Claude); I get killed all the time while blinking, sometimes from bullets that are clearly hitting where I'd previously been. I've had so many IB games where I felt like I was shooting blanks... So frustrating.

The second clip is just Hungering Blade. The bladedancer has a talent that makes his health regen with every blade dance hit. That, plus the damage reduction inherent in the blade dance, is what you're seeing there. I used to use encore (more dance hits), but since I switched to Hungering Blade I'm never going back. That extra health is a massive lifesaver (it's basically unlimited health while dancing).

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 19:53 (3232 days ago) @ Kahzgul

The health is not the problem, the teleport from ft away to the other side of me and no swipe is what frustrates me, I can't shotgun when something teleports.

Yeah, that's just some good 'ol quality Lag

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 20:09 (3232 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread