Jolders Hammer? (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 09:24 (3232 days ago)

I noticed last night that that the lords of the Iron Banner are selling Jolders Hammer. How does this measure up to the BTRD? I know its a solid weapon just wanted some first person reviews from my friends at DBO.

Jolders Hammer?

by DocOctavius, Orlando Florida, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 09:31 (3232 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Get it. That and corrective measure are the only hmgs I use.

It's Fueled Most Of My Nightmares.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 11:24 (3232 days ago) @ TheeChaos

If you can afford both guns, get Jolder 2nd.

Both Guns

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 11:27 (3232 days ago) @ Morpheus

Do you mean Skorris revenge and Jolders?

Yeah.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 15:27 (3232 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Jolders Hammer?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 12:56 (3232 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I would go for BTRD now. The older Jolder's could have field scout, which made them awesome. This new one can't. BTRD has 46 rounds and can be set up with maxed stability. It's really good.

I agree.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 15:16 (3232 days ago) @ bluerunner

Of the new MGs, I much prefer the bastard.

BTRD = random crucible drop only?

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:39 (3232 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

As someone with four Hammers...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 15:46 (3232 days ago) @ bluerunner

I would go for BTRD now. The older Jolder's could have field scout, which made them awesome. This new one can't. BTRD has 46 rounds and can be set up with maxed stability. It's really good.

Agreed. BTRD is the new Hotness if you don't have a Hammer with Field Scout. Although I'd still say that a Hammer is better than the Wolves' Bane, so if you don't want to wait for a BTRD, I'd go ahead and buy it.

Faster TTK I think?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 13:39 (3232 days ago) @ TheeChaos

With Aggressive Ballistics it's a 3-shot so long as one hits the head. Or you could go Smart Drift for Stability, Range-/Stability+ and Hidden Hand for triple headshot kills and less recoil.

Jolders Hammer?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 15:29 (3232 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I noticed last night that that the lords of the Iron Banner are selling Jolders Hammer. How does this measure up to the BTRD? I know its a solid weapon just wanted some first person reviews from my friends at DBO.

The old Jolder's Hammer is a complete beast. I have 4 of them with various rolls.

#1: Rangerfinder, Field Scout, Crowd Control
#2: Aggressive Ballistics, Counterbalance, Hammerforged, Crowd Control
#3: Counterbalance, Field Scout, Crowd Control
#4: Spray and Play, Field Scout, Crowd Control

The old ones are extremely hard to beat.

The new Jolder's hammer I would try to roll something similar to my #2 one. Aggressive Ballistics, Counterbalance, Smallbore/Casket Mag, Crowd Control (or Feeding Frenzy)

the BTRD is pretty amazing though. With the right roll I think it's better than the new Jolder's.

BTRD vs Swarm?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:00 (3232 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Does BTRD beat Swarm?

BTRD vs Swarm?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:01 (3232 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Does BTRD beat Swarm?

Depends on the perks and attack level, but all other things being equal, BTRD has more bullets. While it's not quite the death laser the swarm is, I'd give it the edge unless your swarm has field scout.

BTRD vs Swarm?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:33 (3232 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I think deviant gravity is in the same class as these. I have one w field scout. 60 rounds and a stability up grade. :)

BTRD vs Swarm?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:34 (3232 days ago) @ red robber

I think deviant gravity is in the same class as these. I have one w field scout. 60 rounds and a stability up grade. :)

You and me both. Best HMG in the game.

Uncorrect.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:52 (3232 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I have a stability field scout surplus zombie apocalypse. Best machine gun for sure.

See points #1 & #3

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:58 (3232 days ago) @ Funkmon

You're missing surplus.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 18:03 (3232 days ago) @ unoudid

ALL GUNS NEED SURPLUS. ALL OF EM.

I went and rerolled all my iron banner stuff to have surplus and field scout. Now, when a green drops I get 24 sniper bullets, every time. 150 Jolder's Hammer bullets, every time. 180 Deviant Gravity A bullets, every time, per purple pickup.

Crowd control is useless on a gun with 30 base shots or fewer: it still takes the same number of bullets to kill a guy. Besides, in crucible, basically ANY machine gun's good.

Unless you use it for PvE, but that's dumb when you could have twice the bullets instead.

All surplus, all the time.

You're missing surplus.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 18:07 (3232 days ago) @ Funkmon

The only reason you need all that ammo is cuz you can't hit squat :)

+1 ;)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 18:13 (3232 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

You're missing surplus.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 18:29 (3232 days ago) @ Funkmon

Unless you use it for PvE, but that's dumb when you could have twice the bullets instead.

My BTRD has surplus and crowd control. Runs great in PvE and PvP. That's smart.

UGGGHGHHGH YESSS TELL IT SLOW

by Funkmon @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 18:44 (3232 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Funkmon, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 18:49

Does it have skip rounds?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 20:01 (3232 days ago) @ Funkmon

Does it have skip rounds?

YES

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 03, 2015, 01:22 (3232 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

Surplus does nothing in PvP

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 22:16 (3232 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Yeah, too bad.

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 03, 2015, 01:20 (3232 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

You're missing surplus.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 23:23 (3232 days ago) @ Funkmon

I don't understand why you need so much ammo for PvE when everything dies instantly, but you do you bro.

Amazing in PvP. Pretty good in PvE

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:14 (3232 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:22 (3232 days ago) @ slycrel

Arc or Solar with field scout are awesome for PvE. Corrective Measure for any PvE Void needs.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:31 (3232 days ago) @ unoudid

Arc or Solar with field scout are awesome for PvE. Corrective Measure Banana's void-field scout-deviant gravity for any PvE Void needs.

FTFY

It owns the crucible too, if you don't have one I feel bad for ya son.

I got one of those and would have to agree.

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:38 (3232 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

I've got 99 Machines Guns but a Gravity ain't one

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:56 (3232 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:38 (3232 days ago) @ unoudid

Arc or Solar with field scout are awesome for PvE. Corrective Measure for any PvE Void needs.

I bought 2 last time they were sold and rolled arc and solar (with field scout and surplus, yay ammo!). Prior to the shotgun buff I used to use them a lot. Now when I play PoE (my preferred activity) I rarely switch from Gjallarhorn. Gjallarhorn + Swordbreaker/Found Verdict + Fatebringer = win.

My HMG Hierarchy

by Kahzgul, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 18:12 (3232 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Thunderlord
BTRD (max stability mods)
Jolder's Hammer (Field scout)
Against All Odds (Default vendor model)
The SWARM (Default vendor model)
MG1A Harm's Way (Default vendor model)

All are effective in PvP. You will get the most kills with Thunderlord or Against All Odds because of the magazine sizes and small number of bullets to kill each player, though AAO fires slightly too slowly for my liking. BTRD has a blazing fast TTK; it's basically Jolder's with a higher rate of fire and better stability, and Jolder's is, obviously, great.

No Zombie Apocalypse?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 19:06 (3232 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Korny, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 19:37

Deep clip, high impact, solid stability, medium-high fire rate, and a nice color?

I'd put that above Against All Odds.

+ ORS1 scope!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 19:08 (3232 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

No Zombie Apocalypse?

by Kahzgul, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 21:20 (3232 days ago) @ Korny

Deep clip, high impact, solid stability, medium-high fire rate, and a nice color?

I'd put that above Against All Odds.

Zombie Apocalypse is also great, but it's no Against All Odds. When was the last time you got a 15 kill streak without reloading? I'm just sayin'.

And I do love the ORS1 scope on the ZA. I wish I could cherry pick the scopes to my guns.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread