Xur this week is lame. (Crypto puzzle inside!) (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 03, 2015, 07:14 (3231 days ago)

Considering we all love crypto puzzles, I'll let you guys figure out the original title.

.temleh ,etomeR ,yrrebpsaR ,lieV ,trofllukS :ruX

Anyway he is awful.

THESE ARE INDISPUTABLE FACTS, NOT OPINIONS.

Warlock helmet's not as good as LBN.
Hunter chests are bad, even Alpha Lupi IMO.
Titan helmet's also yuck.

Universal Remote is one of the best guns in the game, IMO. If you can shoot a guy in the head, it will outshoot Felwinter's Lie.

Also useful for running the 34 POE shotgun only.

What I'd do is spend the dough on the helmet engram and hope for one you like and buy Universal Remote.

But he is selling green contrails for your sparrows.

by Kahzgul, Friday, July 03, 2015, 08:26 (3231 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

My meaningless opinions.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, July 03, 2015, 09:34 (3231 days ago) @ Funkmon

Universal Remote is great just for the fun factor.

Veil is a meh Warlock helmet that has to compete with 2-3 great exotic Warlock helmets.

Skullfort isn't great, but looks cool.

Lucky Raspberry is my favorite exotic for a blade dancer in PvP.

Helmet Engrams are great - Ram, St. 14, Obsidian Mind, Mask of the Third Man, Sybiote, Nighthawk, Light Beyond Nemesis and I think there is another one I'm forgetting. Worth the gamble, in my opinion.

My meaningless opinions.

by Kahzgul, Friday, July 03, 2015, 14:36 (3231 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Lucky Raspberry is my favorite exotic for a blade dancer in PvP.

Disagree. Lucky Raspberry is good if you die a LOT, because you'll always respawn with grenade energy (making it, IMO, better for Gunslingers than Blade Dancers simply because of how good tripmine is). It's not a bad exotic, per se.

BUT, it's no Mask of the Third Man (faster melee attack speed, health regen on orb pickup, blade dance lasts longer (about 2 extra kills longer).

And, of course, it's no Knucklehead Radar, which is imo the best Hunter exotic, period (caveat: If you already have third eye on your primary PvP weapon, then you don't need the knucklehead, but let's be honest, Thorn and Hawkmoon don't have third eye).

All that being said, the lucky raspberry that xur has right now has a very high roll, so if you have the coins to spare, you may as well buy it.

I die constantly due to being awful.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, July 03, 2015, 14:43 (3231 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Well, when I'm using Voidfang, dying is a strategic choice

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, July 03, 2015, 15:52 (3231 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

That's what I tell everyone. They always believe me.

Because it's the truth.

'>.>
<.<'

My meaningless opinions.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 03, 2015, 16:14 (3231 days ago) @ Kahzgul

BUT, it's no Mask of the Third Man (faster melee attack speed, health regen on orb pickup, blade dance lasts longer (about 2 extra kills longer).

Mask of the Third Man gives you 1 extra attack. Maybe if you took it with Encore it would be worth having (*maybe*), but then you'd have no Hungering Blade.

My meaningless opinions.

by Kahzgul, Friday, July 03, 2015, 18:13 (3231 days ago) @ someotherguy

Mask of the Third Man gives you 1 extra attack. Maybe if you took it with Encore it would be worth having (*maybe*), but then you'd have no Hungering Blade.

I prefer Hungering Blade over Encore, but I've played against someone running Encore alongside the MotTM and he finished the game with 48 kills. Seemed like he was always blade dancing. It was crazy.

Xur this week is lame. (Crypto puzzle inside!)

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Friday, July 03, 2015, 09:39 (3231 days ago) @ Funkmon

.egabraG

You're wrong and should feel bad

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 03, 2015, 11:27 (3231 days ago) @ Funkmon

I run all three of those in PvP, depending on the Gametype.

Skullfort lets you Shoulder Charge to regain health, which is awesome. Transfusion does that too but now you can take Aftershocks as well and be the most annoying Titan on the Battlefield. Lightning Grenades that hit 5 times (I think?), Aftermath that hangs around for what feels like forever and Shoulder Charge healing. Perfect for Control and great for Clash too, though if you prefer Flashbangs stick with Armamentarium.

Apotheosis Veil is one of my two go-two Sunsinger Exotics, next to the Claws. Coupled with Radiant Skin it gives you 300% health, as long as you can duck into cover long enough to activate it. I love it for when Heavy Ammo shows up - it lets me hold onto my LMG longer- though you could argue the Ram is equally good for that purpose.

Lucky Raspberry is constant Arcbolts. Constant. Great for Skirmish, Trials, or almost anything else. Apart from Khepri's Sting there are no other Bladedancer PvP Exotics anyway. If you're not Stealth-knifing everyone, you might as well be Lucky Raspberry.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 03, 2015, 14:40 (3231 days ago) @ Funkmon

Health Regen on super is a soft counter to thorn. It's saved my butt before. No revives in iron banner, so you might want to roll this. Plus light beyond nemesis has strength, which sucks. I'd actually say it's a decent pick for IB if you lack the ram.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, July 03, 2015, 15:53 (3231 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Health Regen on super is a soft counter to thorn. It's saved my butt before. No revives in iron banner, so you might want to roll this. Plus light beyond nemesis has strength, which sucks. I'd actually say it's a decent pick for IB if you lack the ram.

Extremely situational, though. I'd say that if you're not running Ram, Voidfang, Sunbreakers, Claws, or HotPF, You're probably not doing it right, but diff'rent playstyles and all that...

Also, Warlocks greatly benefit from high Strength, so there's that...

Sunbreakers?!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 03, 2015, 16:11 (3231 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Sunbreakers?!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, July 03, 2015, 16:35 (3231 days ago) @ someotherguy

If you have a high Discipline (or carry two grenades), the ridiculous duration (and size) of the Solar grenade helps you control an entire area or block a doorway. Combine it with gunfire and Radiance, and you're effectively a one-man army.

Haven't used mine in ages, but they were evil to use in Control.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, July 03, 2015, 18:02 (3231 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah. I would see this in ToO because of how much it hurst the team to die, but I don't know id using the super just to hang on is giving you a total benefit more then dining and using the super to Nova bomb (I'm assuming you are not using sun singer otherwise why not just have self-revive?)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, July 03, 2015, 15:25 (3231 days ago) @ Funkmon

I like the part where you say, these are indisputable facts, not opinions, and then say Hunter chests are bad "in my opinion".

SOLVED!

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, July 03, 2015, 18:06 (3231 days ago) @ Funkmon

Considering we all love crypto puzzles, I'll let you guys figure out the original title.

.temleh ,etomeR ,yrrebpsaR ,lieV ,trofllukS :ruX

Xur: Full Stork, Evil, Bra Pryers, Meteor, He Melt

10/10 shitpost better than OP goodjob.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, July 03, 2015, 18:08 (3231 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Maybe they have him re-visiting specially for Tuesday?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, July 03, 2015, 19:47 (3231 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread