Newest thing I have Noticed in PVP (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Monday, July 06, 2015, 09:42 (3240 days ago)

Is emotes.

I never really saw many people using emotes in the crucible DURING the fighting. Sure after the game was over but never during. Here lately people have seemed to be doing it after pulling off a good kill or just for fun.

Ill admit there is something about killing a fresh golden gun with a sniper headshot or simple kill, then pointing at him.

I really wish they would add a shake head emote.

Newest thing I have Noticed in PVP

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 06, 2015, 12:03 (3240 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Is emotes.

I never really saw many people using emotes in the crucible DURING the fighting. Sure after the game was over but never during. Here lately people have seemed to be doing it after pulling off a good kill or just for fun.

Ill admit there is something about killing a fresh golden gun with a sniper headshot or simple kill, then pointing at him.

I really wish they would add a shake head emote.

I think Korny's been doing it since day one.

That reminds me to make another post.

by Lekku, Canada, Monday, July 06, 2015, 12:50 (3240 days ago) @ Kermit

I think Korny's been doing it since day one.

Can confirm, playing with Korny yesterday he would bust out a dance or emote when he took down someone using a super etc.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, July 06, 2015, 15:17 (3240 days ago) @ TheeChaos

It's actually quite common. People do it all the time. A lot of times in Control, I see people dancing with one another while waiting for a point to turn. Waving, too.

Me personally, I point at every Enforcer I get. "Yeah, that's you right there on the floor. That's you."

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 06, 2015, 15:40 (3240 days ago) @ TheeChaos
edited by Ragashingo, Monday, July 06, 2015, 15:44

I tend to wave when I get a good kill. It has to be something special though. Supering someone who just fired up their own Super. Winning a long back and forth one on one battle with someone. Managing to run up to and take out a good sniper. Or, my favorite, punching a Hunter to death right after they fire up Golden Gun.

It's also a lot of fun to get into a rivalry with someone when I get them good and wave then they get me good back and also wave and so on. :)

[Edit]Of course my favorite wave of all time went out to Beorn[/edit]

Awoken Wave for the win

by TheeChaos @, Monday, July 06, 2015, 16:24 (3240 days ago) @ Ragashingo

My titan is an awoken so when I kill someone in a fashion that deserves an emote I wave, in which case my character bows, like "Thank you, Thank you, im here all day"

The one thing that I envy about the Outspoken...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 06, 2015, 16:47 (3240 days ago) @ TheeChaos

My titan is an awoken so when I kill someone in a fashion that deserves an emote I wave, in which case my character bows, like "Thank you, Thank you, im here all day"

Err, I mean, Awoken.

I played as Sammy's Awoken Titan, and when I shoulder charged a guy activating his Golden Gun and followed it with a bow, it was all:

[image]

I need it. I NEED it. $20, Bungie! Take it!

by TheeChaos @, Monday, July 06, 2015, 17:03 (3240 days ago) @ Korny

I would pay for more emotes, and also had this random idea on the way to work this morning.

When you kill someone they hear a sound clip of you. Anything you want. A song, you talking, sound. Imagine how annoying that would be. On the flip side that would also be very annoying.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 06, 2015, 17:11 (3240 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I would pay for more emotes, and also had this random idea on the way to work this morning.

When you kill someone they hear a sound clip of you. Anything you want. A song, you talking, sound. Imagine how annoying that would be. On the flip side that would also be very annoying.

In Black Ops 2, they let you hear a two-second clip of the enemy's mic when you killed him, so you could hear his cries of anger or desperation. It never, ever got old. That'd be a neat feature to add.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, July 06, 2015, 17:12 (3240 days ago) @ Korny

Yea thats what brought the idea, I was talking to someone about that a few days ago. It was always NOOOOOOOOOO or theres that ****er again.

priceless.

That reminds me of...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, July 06, 2015, 17:25 (3240 days ago) @ TheeChaos

... proximity voice back in the Halo 2 days. Every now and then you'd come across somebody blaring obnoxious music across their chat mic just to annoy the enemy team.

I still remember this one Big Team Battle game on Coagulation; some hotdog on the enemy team was driving the warthog, broadcasting Backstreet Boys the entire match. You'd often hear the music fading in before you could hear the engine of the warthog itself... then they'd go tearing past, gunning down everyone in their path, and leave us stuck in death cam listening to the music fade away as they drove off.

"everbooooody.... yeeeeeah... rock you boooooody...."

That reminds me of...

by TheeChaos @, Monday, July 06, 2015, 18:06 (3240 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I would be playing some "So heres my number, call me maybe?"

That reminds me of...

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Monday, July 06, 2015, 18:18 (3240 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Me and a buddy did that back in the day as well, but I'd like to think we were a bit classier and more refined than to use the Backstreet Boys. We preferred "Low Rider" for our warthog runs.

LOL

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, July 06, 2015, 18:23 (3240 days ago) @ Mariachi

Me and a buddy did that back in the day as well, but I'd like to think we were a bit classier and more refined than to use the Backstreet Boys. We preferred "Low Rider" for our warthog runs.

That's perfect :D

Taylor Swift, all the way ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, July 06, 2015, 18:24 (3240 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Literal *lol* n/t

by Penthesilean, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 01:35 (3239 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I said no text!

Be careful when you use them.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 16:54 (3239 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I've been seeing people sit down to capture a zone and then sniping them in the head :) I really like that one.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread