I'm mad at you, Korny (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 06, 2015, 12:05 (3240 days ago)

You've blown my theory that there's only so much good luck you can have with RNG. On the Xbox, I got every coveted weapon quickly. Icebreaker in a early drop. Gjallerhorn on my first nightfall. VoC and Atheon's epilogue on my first raid. Fatebringer and Vex Mythoclast on my first hard raid.

On the PS4, in contrast, I had to buy my icebreaker. I just got VoC and AE last month. The rest, no dice. I figure this is my penance for having it easy elsewhere.

Here's what I think is your first Xbox raid.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KoRnyMunKy/video/4290436

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KoRnyMunKy/screenshot/596727

Grrrr.

I'm mad at you, Korny

by TheeChaos @, Monday, July 06, 2015, 12:21 (3240 days ago) @ Kermit

I wonder if its factual though,

or is he just that lucky.

Any other XBONERS that can chime in? How are your drop rates?

For me it took awhile for everything. Fortunately not as long as others.

I'm mad at you, Korny

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 06, 2015, 12:24 (3240 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Whoa there. I'm not for a minute suggesting that Xbox players have it better. RNG is RNG.

I'm mad at you, Korny

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, July 06, 2015, 12:28 (3240 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I got my Gjallerhorn so early in my Destiny career that I forget how I got it.

I'm mad at you, Korny

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, July 06, 2015, 13:08 (3240 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I JUST got VoC last week, and still have yet to see a Praetorian Foil or Vex M. Also it took me a while to see a Last Word drop (then Xûr sold it that week too), and I haven't seen one since.

Based on how varied everyone's stories are, I'd say that RNG is working as defined. ;)

One of those nights :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, July 06, 2015, 14:25 (3240 days ago) @ Kermit

I had some similarly amazing luck during our Crota/VoG double header last week. My character's primary weapon slots were full, so this was waiting for me when I returned to the tower:

That's in addition to the Found Verdict and Song of Ir Yut that had also dropped along the way :)

Yep, my first Raid. Sorry, Bluerunner!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 06, 2015, 15:16 (3240 days ago) @ Kermit

You've blown my theory that there's only so much good luck you can have with RNG. On the Xbox, I got every coveted weapon quickly. Icebreaker in a early drop. Gjallerhorn on my first nightfall. VoC and Atheon's epilogue on my first raid. Fatebringer and Vex Mythoclast on my first hard raid.

On the PS4, in contrast, I had to buy my icebreaker. I just got VoC and AE last month. The rest, no dice. I figure this is my penance for having it easy elsewhere.

Here's what I think is your first Xbox raid.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KoRnyMunKy/video/4290436

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KoRnyMunKy/screenshot/596727

Grrrr.

Also got a Corrective Measure (finally replacing my Rare machine Gun, which Lekku can attest I've been somewhat plagued by). Combined with my Ram helmet, I think my luck with RNG followed me over safe and sound. It's actually a relief, since I was concerned that I'd be not-very-useful weapon-wise, but everything's coming up Milhouse so far. Just need a Gjallarhorn. :P

I have to credit SpeedRacer and Lekku (and Junta Baill) for carrying me through the hard stuff this week.

I'm also a 32 now, so I can actually do stuff, and I had some good luck with IB once I could do damage. Yay!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread