Xur's been Nerfed too... (Destiny)

by c0ld vengeance @, UK, Friday, July 17, 2015, 07:59 (3212 days ago)

What gives, no weapon?!

Xur's been Nerfed too...

by Stuntmutt, Friday, July 17, 2015, 08:06 (3212 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

What do you care? You said you'd given up playing Destiny...

Xur's been Nerfed too...

by c0ld vengeance @, UK, Friday, July 17, 2015, 08:12 (3212 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

Now they are Nerfing Gjallarhorn & Blackhammer (two guns I really wanted) I think im making the right choice :)

...at least until The TK

That doesn't take effect until TK is released.

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 08:56 (3212 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

You have a few lovely months. That's quite a bit of time! More than I played a lot of games. Keep trying for Black Hammer.

And, Black Hammer is a good weapon in its own right, even without the white nail perk. While I would advise going for a Benevolence and rerolling with surplus and clown cartridge, Black Hammer is the highest damage sniper in the game tied with E. Spear, but has greater stagger power and does more damage to enemies. But, for those of us who already have what we consider to be perfect solar guns, or used to, or who want a gun with a higher ammo capacity, it will fall out of use.

Be assured, it will still be a good gun after the next expansion, just not exotic level good.

Xur's been Nerfed too...

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 08:07 (3212 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

No weapon. I don't think this has ever happened before. Maybe he'll be ninja fixed like they did with the strange coin sale if this is an error.

However, Bingle's doing new and interesting things lately. Maybe this is possible now.

Xur's been Nerfed too...

by Stuntmutt, Friday, July 17, 2015, 08:14 (3212 days ago) @ Funkmon

Could be Patience and Time and it will reappear in a bit...

Heh. Just wait for it...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 17, 2015, 14:07 (3212 days ago) @ Stuntmutt

- No text -

This is awesome.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 17, 2015, 08:57 (3212 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

Make them exotics really hard to get. From here on out, he should only offer a total of 3 exotic items each week. They could be any mixture of a weapons, armor, or engram (even a weapon engram!). Think about it.

Xur's been Nerfed too...

by ProbablyLast, Friday, July 17, 2015, 09:15 (3212 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance
edited by ProbablyLast, Friday, July 17, 2015, 09:25

I agree, hopefully this is just a bug.

Edit: Good, Bungie has said they are looking into it on Twitter.

Update: It's a bug.

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 09:24 (3212 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/621996436842917888

We are aware of issues with Xur's inventory. We are currently investigating. Standby for updates.

Update: It's a bug.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, July 18, 2015, 00:26 (3211 days ago) @ Funkmon

Also, I'm fairly sure it's happened at least once before. Or was it that he didn't sell an engram? Whatever, something like that.

Odds that it will be Gjallarhorn...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, July 17, 2015, 10:19 (3212 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

I place the odds at 55%

If we all remember back to when MegamanExe4 was spying on Xur's brain, he contended that there were two Xurs - the predetermined one (that was basically on autopilot and that he could predict), and another version that Bungie could swap in by flipping a switch in order to manually set his inventory. Supposedly there was one time that it appeared clear that Bungie had done that (I can't remember the particular occasion, but I'm sure someone around here does). My theory is that Bungie decided to swap in the manual Xur today to sell Gjallarhorn so we would all be happy (and stop bitching about all the nerfs for a few days) and so everyone could have a chance to see its glory before it gets [let's be honest - only slightly] nerfed. Unfortunately, something went slightly wrong, but we'll be able to buy Gjallys by lunchtime!

Better buy the stuff you want now.

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 10:32 (3212 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Funkmon, Friday, July 17, 2015, 10:36

I place the odds at 55%

If we all remember back to when MegamanExe4 was spying on Xur's brain, he contended that there were two Xurs - the predetermined one (that was basically on autopilot and that he could predict), and another version that Bungie could swap in by flipping a switch in order to manually set his inventory. Supposedly there was one time that it appeared clear that Bungie had done that (I can't remember the particular occasion, but I'm sure someone around here does). My theory is that Bungie decided to swap in the manual Xur today to sell Gjallarhorn so we would all be happy (and stop bitching about all the nerfs for a few days) and so everyone could have a chance to see its glory before it gets [let's be honest - only slightly] nerfed. Unfortunately, something went slightly wrong, but we'll be able to buy Gjallys by lunchtime!

Yes, the second Xur sold Red Death last time, and Gjallarhorn isn't in his loot table. It's possible that the bug is caused by them inserting that item into his loot table. However, I don't think that they will be selling that gun. I'd be astonished, in fact.

However, if they do, I'll buy another one.

EDIT: If they cannot fix the bug, they may replace him with a new Xur and change his inventory. If he has something you want, you better buy it.

by electricpirate @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 14:42 (3212 days ago) @ Funkmon

Yes, the second Xur sold Red Death last time, and Gjallarhorn isn't in his loot table. It's possible that the bug is caused by them inserting that item into his loot table. However, I don't think that they will be selling that gun. I'd be astonished, in fact.

According to the armory it is? And he's sold it before...

I dunno, I just want some cool weapon, I've had Destiny for like 2 months now and I haven't had the coins/found something to buy till this week!

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 14:51 (3212 days ago) @ electricpirate

I know. That was special Xur. The data miners could not find that gun in the normal one's loot table. Also note where you can get Thorn in the armory. Doesn't always apply in real life.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:02 (3212 days ago) @ Funkmon

I know. That was special Xur. The data miners could not find that gun in the normal one's loot table. Also note where you can get Thorn in the armory. Doesn't always apply in real life.

Can you give a source for this? Even megaman on Reddit said Gjallahorn was in the normal Xur's loot table the last I checked. The only thing I've seen stating it was removed was from a supposed Bungie employee which I seriously doubt was actually a Bungie employee.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:05 (3212 days ago) @ Xenos

Can you give a source for this? Even megaman on Reddit said Gjallahorn was in the normal Xur's loot table the last I checked. The only thing I've seen stating it was removed was from a supposed Bungie employee which I seriously doubt was actually a Bungie employee.

Xur SOLD Gjallarhorn in September. (Last year.) It's definitely in the tables - or was.

To Clarify

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:05 (3212 days ago) @ Xenos

I don't think MegamanEXE ever claimed he had access to Xur's entire loot table, just that he could see what regular Xur would be selling on each weekend up to a certain point (that point being when HoW launched, IIRC).

To Clarify

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:07 (3212 days ago) @ CyberKN

I don't think MegamanEXE ever claimed he had access to Xur's entire loot table, just that he could see what regular Xur would be selling on each weekend up to a certain point (that point being when HoW launched, IIRC).

Yeah I even found the post people are referencing to claim that it was removed: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2wi7fq/misc_about_xur_sale_list_iron_banner_sale_list/

But all he ACTUALLY says is that Gjallahorn is not scheduled to be sold.

To Clarify

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:13 (3212 days ago) @ Xenos

Megaman says that thing about future mining, and dudes using the backwards in time glitch on PS4 only noted one gun missing from their checks: Gjallarhorn. Someone said they were able to see basically all his theoretical drops through an otherwise useless glitch like the backwards in time glitch and never saw Gjallarhorn. It was the only one.

It's been so long now and reddit's search function is so awful I can't find an example. I'm also sporadically busy and can't devote too much time to finding this crap today. But it's not from a publishing of loot tables, but an inference from large amounts of testing from nutjobs that have shown at least minor proof they know what they're talking about.

On data mining, and why it's useless.

by FyreWulff, Saturday, July 18, 2015, 13:01 (3211 days ago) @ Funkmon

I know a lot of people like to put a lot of faith in datamining games. I mean, that's how we found the Engineers and Juggernaut in Halo, right? Everything in the data is true!...

... but trying to predict the future of Destiny, or any vendor via data mining has been given way too much weight and too much 'truth' for an aspect of the game that's never been official. Not only do these data mines assume the game won't be patched ever again, they also ignore the fact that Bungie's standard style of deploying content updates is to ALWAYS have a fallback that the autopilot will put up, just in case something goes awry/someone can't work that week.

Reach worked the same way. They had a prebaked collection of Weekly and Daily challenges that would deploy. Sometimes when the timing of a playlist update or event lined up really well, they'd hotswap one challenge for another. When 343 took over and updated the Pistol, they changed the weekly to be Pistol-centric. They even accidentally deployed two weeklies at once... if you had datamined Reach's challenges 5 months before, you wouldn't have seen those coming. Heck, 343 even manually replaced "Link up to Bungie.net" with another daily while they were actively updating the game. It was easier to do that than mess with the pool selector, which could be more dangerous code-wise.

Same with Halo 3 and Reach playlists. Did you know every playlist ever is downloaded to your Xbox at once? And that they turn off and on by themselves? Datamining those would have shown no updates to Team SWAT, wouldn't have told you about Heavies, and gave no indication of Action Sack - they would have just told you Arena was resetting every 3 months. Heck, there were playlists in the playlist data that never even became public. Because the data deployed on the live stack is a little bit planned but a lot of it fallback - you always plan for the worst case scenario.

Dunno. The constant "but but the datamines!" has been annoying me for quite a while. It completely ignores how these types of games are run.

On data mining, and why it's useless.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, July 18, 2015, 13:19 (3211 days ago) @ FyreWulff

All I maintained was that it wasn't in his loot table and was probably manually added, which is basically what you're saying here, unless I'm wrong. If I can TLDR your post it's "developers can change stuff we can't see." That's my exact hypothesis. That's how it got there the first time.

Regarding Thorn

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:17 (3212 days ago) @ Funkmon

I imagine it's listed as available in Xur's loot table because of TDB's "Upgrade" system. It could show up in Xur's inventory as an upgrade, just not to purchase.

Good point!

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:20 (3212 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Odds that it will be Gjallarhorn...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, July 17, 2015, 10:34 (3212 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Sorry, but I find that hard to believe. I was screaming last night about making them more available--I was talking about a 25-30% increase in odds.

I doubt Bungie decided to listen to that post and decide to sell it to everybody.

I'm positive you are the chief motive behind their choices.

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 10:36 (3212 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

;-)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, July 17, 2015, 18:27 (3211 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

2%

by ProbablyLast, Friday, July 17, 2015, 10:36 (3212 days ago) @ Speedracer513

That might be a bit high.

Xur shall remain weaponless...

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:31 (3212 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

Tweet from Bungie:
@Bungie: We've determined we can't safely alter Xur at this time. He'll be back next week with a full inventory, including an Exotic weapon.

FYI: Celestial Nighthawk for sale!!!!

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:45 (3212 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Please, people on this forum don't need that info. :P

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:46 (3212 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

- No text -

He's located in the...

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:48 (3212 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

...Tower

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:48 (3212 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

- No text -

By the speaker.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, July 17, 2015, 15:58 (3212 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

music to my ears

by Oholiab @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 16:32 (3212 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

I had the sinking feeling that by the time I got home from the studio, his inventory would have been "patched", and I would have missed the opportunity.

For those who play with my kids... James and Miriam are away at camp this weekend and will be absent for Xur. Before they left, they both - independent of one another - asked me to get on to their characters and purchase the weapon if it was Gjallarhorn. I think I'll tell them that I tried, but he was sold out.

Might have to give Isaac some strange coins to keep the secret...

Best. Father. Ever.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, July 17, 2015, 16:55 (3212 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

It's true. Also, Oholiab.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, July 17, 2015, 16:58 (3212 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Kids out of town this weekend? Got time to run Skolas maybe?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread