DBO Crucible Stats (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 21:21 (3215 days ago)

I've included 4 new sheets with updated stats on Trials.

Trials

Iron Banner

Control

Rumble

If you would like to be added or removed from any of these sheets, just let me know here or by commenting on your GT in the sheet. Also if you see any errors mark them with a comment on the cell of the sheet. If you have any suggestions or questions, I'd be happy to discuss them.

Also, the sheets are a work in progress. I'm adding new stats as I go and I'm also working on developing a support index. This should represent how well you support your team, not how well you kill things.

Sheets are currently ranked by the Win% for the combined page. Some people say winning isn't everything so I created the power index to rank by the average of the 5 most important stats that I believe are crucial to being a great player. Your combat rating is Bungie's special formula. Hope you all enjoy.

Nice

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 21:35 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

Do me! Do me! ;p

GT: Masterxtp1

No need to do Trials nor Rumble, though. Barely played either, would be way too skewed.

DBO Crucible Stats

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 21:40 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

Nicely done. Put me down for the list if you don't mind. GT: Mariachi

Nice

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 21:41 (3215 days ago) @ ZackDark

How'd you figure Power Index? Because I suck, and mine seems pretty close to the top for Xbox folks. I don't even have a positive K/D or a high win percentage.

+1 appreciate this

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 21:42 (3215 days ago) @ ZackDark

I normally feel sheepish about the accomplishments I have in comparison to the regular crew here (I simply don't have the time to raid underleveled or can base my schedule around PvE events).

Happy to see how my PvP crew and I clean up.

Anyways, honored to be amongst the top players of DBO. You all are awesome and I appreciate your day to day/weekly analysis.

Here's to Year 2 (Can't say how much Trial's I'm going to rock with Breakout on the table).

Power Index Explanation.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 21:47 (3215 days ago) @ cheapLEY

How'd you figure Power Index? Because I suck, and mine seems pretty close to the top for Xbox folks. I don't even have a positive K/D or a high win percentage.

The formula takes the average Ranks of the categories. It works kinda like the BCS rankings. The closer to Rank 1 the better. Or put another way, the smaller numbers are better. You should rank that category A-Z to see who is on top.

lower is better :P

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 21:55 (3215 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

lower is better :P

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 21:56 (3215 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Oh! That makes way more sense! :P

Very cool! I'd love to see where I stand!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 22:34 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Me too!

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 22:38 (3215 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Number 1 in Win % Iron Banner!

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 23:05 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

This is a good cofidence boost.

Thanks, very cool!

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 23:28 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

DBO Crucible Stats

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 23:31 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

Trials

Iron Banner

Control

Rumble

If you would like to be added or removed from any of these sheets, just let me know here or by commenting on your GT in the sheet. Also if you see any errors mark them with a comment on the cell of the sheet. If you have any suggestions or questions, I'd be happy to discuss them.

Also, the sheets are a work in progress. I'm adding new stats as I go and I'm also working on developing a support index. This should represent how well you support your team, not how well you kill things.

Sheets are currently ranked by the Win% for the combined page. Some people say winning isn't everything so I created the power index to rank by the average of the 5 most important stats that I believe are crucial to being a great player. Your combat rating is Bungie's special formula. Hope you all enjoy.

Not sure if it's just me, but if I try to re-sort on ANYTHING, Power Index breaks.

DBO Crucible Stats

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 23:40 (3215 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Trials

Iron Banner

Control

Rumble

Not sure if it's just me, but if I try to re-sort on ANYTHING, Power Index breaks.

The power index will follow the GT as the sheet resorts. Are you using the little option drop down button at the top of each column to sort? Highlight the A at the top of a column then use that little down arrow to pull up the menu. Then sort from that.

+1 appreciate this

by squidnh3, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 23:54 (3215 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Anyways, honored to be amongst the top players of DBO. You all are awesome and I appreciate your day to day/weekly analysis.

I'd like to know what the heck you are doing to generate 6.28 orbs per game in Iron Banner. That's pretty amazing. Some sort of team Super formation?

My guess is bubble titan.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 23:57 (3215 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Salvage next please?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 00:18 (3215 days ago) @ red robber
edited by someotherguy, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 00:25

If only because I'm dead certain I'd take #1 (on % at least) and I'm a big showoff :p

Also of interest to me: Could you do a combined "all gametypes" list? I realise I'm just asking you to do more work now though ^_^

Salvage next please?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 00:29 (3215 days ago) @ someotherguy

Only because I'm dead certain I'd take #1 and I'm a big showoff :p

Also of interest to me: Could you do a combined "all gametypes" list? I realise I'm just asking you to do more work now though ^_^

I'll put salvage as my next project.

I have thought about the combined gametypes, but DTR has a clan tool already available here. It gives the basics but some of the data is a little misleading. Score per Game can be lower if you play alot of Rumble/Skirmish. Also they only pull data from your Highest ranked character? Not sure how that works if you have multple 34's or if you change your armor and it drops your main to a lower light rank. It is still good all around though. I knew Korny would be at the top of my lists because he's highly ranked here.

Bad Juju FTW

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 00:29 (3215 days ago) @ squidnh3

My Voidwalker Warlock has seen a LOT more Control action than my Titan (probably about the same in Iron Banner, thouhg) and I'm second highest Orb/Game in the Control list. That little boost in Super energy you get from Bad Juju adds up pretty well throughout a full match.

4 DBOers added.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 00:57 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

ZackDark (masterxtp1), Mariachi, Commandrcleavage, and Breitzen.

Just as I suspected, I'm pretty terrible. :( ;)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 01:36 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

I make a distinct effort to not care about stats.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 01:44 (3215 days ago) @ red robber
edited by Funkmon, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 01:58

I try very hard to play how I want and only how I want. This is ruining it for me. Would you take me off the list please?

EDIT: more expansion. You know how often in a trials game, even, I make a decision to keep the game fun and not to win; how I almost never use snipers, Thorn, or blink because I think it makes the game less fun for other players. Your stats make me want to actually try to have good stats, not have fun. Currently, with an even K/D and high average score, I think I'm having maximum fun without hurting myself or my team, or other peoples' fun.

I played a set of trials on Phobos with a sniper, and did very well. Same for a few games of Rusted Lands right after. But you know what? That wasn't fun for me. I like the games where I just shoot guys and don't think, where they have a fair shot at me. And I understand that is not necessarily the point of competitive PVP.

So yeah. I don't want to keep thinking "well, I could do X and boost my stats."

I'm also embarrassed that I'm terrible.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 01:52 (3215 days ago) @ Funkmon

You can keep me on, though.

You have been removed. :)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 01:57 (3215 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 02:13 (3215 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I didn't think about it at the time I was making them, but I realized that someone might not want to be compared to others. I hope no one uses this as a way to exclude someone from something like trials because they don't measure up. I don't think the DBO crew works that way. We're a pretty inclusive group of gamers.

My hope would be that if anything, someone who hasn't been/wants to go to the lighthouse maybe be able to team up with some of our top notch players if they'd like. Also you may learn something about your playstyle that helps you improve. I've learned that if I want to win more, I need to be more aggressive. But I don't really care about winning (except in trials), so I'd rather just play my slow, methodic style. :)

I'm a big stats nerd and I love spreadsheets. This is my Fantasy Football cheatsheet I edit every year. It has done me well. I've been to 4 Shivabowls in 7 years, 4 2nd place tropies, 1 3rd. This is in a 16 team league with pretty large rosters too.

I'm just trolling Funk.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 02:18 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

I understand why, and think it is a valid line of thought.

Add me?

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 02:58 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

ChaosSociety

Gracias

DBO Crucible Stats

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 04:48 (3215 days ago) @ red robber

Sweet! I'd love to see my name up there in the hallowed halls of DBOs greats!

GT: Chewbaccawakka

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 05:11 (3215 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

You can keep me on, though.

I was playing on Xbox, and wanted to run my poorly-equipped Titan and Hunter to get the legs. Ran with a number of different LFG folks, and we were getting stomped repeatedly. I was like "this is NOT going to reflect well on the Red Robber Scale... But I still had fun, and played the same way I always do. I did try to avoid playing with friends as long as I could, because I didn't want to hurt their stats, and maybe that wasn't the best thing to do, but that's the reality of having things on full display, so that was that...

Once I switched back to my Warlock, though, I was able to make up for some lost K/D.

It's weird how much we let something so pointless as stats affect us. I see it as a nifty way to gauge how you stack up against friends, as it should be, but it's also stressful because you're like "these games shouldn't count! I'm not optimized for victory!", so you feel forced to optimize, which I think really got to Funkmon, and that's totally understandable.

I think this weekend's Trials hurt me a pinch because of that, but it just motivates me to do better next time. :)

This is fascinating Red, thanks for taking the time for this

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 10:07 (3214 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

my roll

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 11:34 (3214 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'd like to know what the heck you are doing to generate 6.28 orbs per game in Iron Banner. That's pretty amazing. Some sort of team Super formation?

The build I roll with is traditionally:

• Last Word
  • Party Crasher, Matador, blah blah blah, some ranged shotgun
  • and I roll as one of those damn Sunsingers, and I rock Sunburst

Also I just love supers, and I make sure to keep that train going

+1

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 11:40 (3214 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Very cool. Thanks for putting this together!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 11:51 (3214 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Which character...

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 12:59 (3214 days ago) @ red robber

does this use? The most recent, all of them, some odd ball random choice?

lol, me too

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 17:05 (3214 days ago) @ Korny

we were getting stomped repeatedly. I was like "this is NOT going to reflect well on the Red >>Robber Scale... But I still had fun, and played the same way I always do.

lol. We had a few really bad games last night and i thought the same thing. I started hanging back and sniping more. Gave up on trying to use my messenger, and switched back to thorn. :)

My Trials k/d is not that great....

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 17:16 (3214 days ago) @ red robber

....but I have the 6th highest assist rate, and 7th highest orbs generated per game. I'm also the 4th highest at reviving my teammates.

That explains my theory last night about rising up to the level of my teammates. I can't really carry a team, but if i have teammates at my level or higher, I can hold my own really well.

Just like Matt Smith

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 19:29 (3214 days ago) @ someotherguy

Give them a bar of gold and they want 2!!! cant you ever be thankful?

Which character...

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 22:44 (3214 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

It's combined on all your characters. (or it should be according to the way I interpret the DTR site)

I suck. Not news.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 23:50 (3214 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Yeah, I see the same thing

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 00:04 (3214 days ago) @ red robber

The power index will follow the GT as the sheet resorts. Are you using the little option drop down button at the top of each column to sort? Highlight the A at the top of a column then use that little down arrow to pull up the menu. Then sort from that.

If I sort A-Z, it appears to work, but if I sort Z-A, it breaks:
Edit: Now it’s breaking whether I sort ascending or descending. Sometimes numbers actually populate in the PI column before being immediately replaced with #REF! errors.

[image]
Sorting in descending order on Win % column.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 00:24 (3214 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by red robber, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 00:38

This is interesting. Here is the trials page sorted first by descending Win%. Otter is 3rd in win% and has a 3.2 power index.
[image]

Now sorted by Descending games played, Otter is first on the list but retains his rating 3.2 PIndex.
[image]

I can't explain the error, except that while searching the help for functions and chart usage, I saw something about the "new" sheets. Maybe they have 2 versions available?

Edit, I'm seeing in your photo that you have a temporary filter? Perhaps this causing an issue. I don't have any filters applied when I view the sheet.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, July 30, 2015, 01:04 (3214 days ago) @ red robber

Since we don't have authorization to change the sheets (not that we would need to anyway), the only way to sort stuff is by creating temporary filters. GSheets does it automatically even if we click the column's name.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 01:17 (3214 days ago) @ ZackDark

Huh. I've never used filters and never shared a sheet before. I wish I could actively use the sheet from another point of view. I'm assuming the power index gets screwed up for everyone then?

Try a different browser and don’t log in

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 01:20 (3214 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Chewy added.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 01:23 (3214 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Nice job in IB. You almost broke into the top five in the power ranking coming in at 6th!

I assume so

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, July 30, 2015, 01:42 (3214 days ago) @ red robber

But I find this VERY weird. GSheets used to handle filters exceedingly well back when I used it for work.

Try a different browser and don’t log in

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 01:51 (3214 days ago) @ Beorn

Hmmm. Tried it. So I see that basically everything works and sorts properly, but as soon as you do resort, the power index goes to $hit. And you guys can't sort the power index at all to see the order. My equation takes the rank of entire columns. Maybe I have to select the cells with data only in those columns? I'll have to experiment and get back later with a fix.

I blame Google

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 02:11 (3214 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Google fix ur S#!7

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 02:14 (3214 days ago) @ Beorn

Apparently they also made a deal with Activision. :)

Chewy added.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 16:52 (3213 days ago) @ red robber

Huzzah! My competitive side is rejoicing!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread