One more link from Game Informer (that includes a new video) (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 14:59 (3159 days ago)

WOW. There has been a LOT of big news today, and we'll continue to get more as the month rolls on from Game Informer's Hub

One more link, to GI's Cover Reveal article that has some interesting tidbits - most of which we've already heard about - but this one stuck out to me:

"Even quests in the Crucible have a narrative angle."

The article also includes a minute-and-a-half-long video. Among other things, these three were very intriguing:

0:21 - Something going on in what appears to be the bridge section of the Crota's End raid.

0:25 - Looks like a PvP (Control) match against the [Taken?] Hive on Saturn

0:48 - Part of a cutscene between the Shipwright and Cayde-6 wherein he is walking around and expressively moving his arms.

Cayde *vid*

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:03 (3159 days ago) @ Speedracer513

That's really exciting.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:08 (3159 days ago) @ iconicbanana

That is exactly the kind of stuff I've daydreamed about for this game. For some reason I have always imagined an animated series that had the Tower factions working together and plotting against each other... Well, Dead Orbit at least.

Looks like that might come true! Just the fact that there are in-game cutscenes in Taken King at all is exciting.

Sword as a heavy weapon?

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:03 (3159 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The article also includes a minute-and-a-half-long video. Among other things, these three were very intriguing:

At 0:22, it looks like the player is holding some kind of longsword in the heavy weapon slot.

Sword as a heavy weapon?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:25 (3159 days ago) @ kanbo

Some kind of new weapon type for sure. It could also be a really long, really skinny rifle of some kind? It looks to me like it maybe has a handle and sight, but it's really hard to tell.

Sword as a heavy weapon?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:03 (3159 days ago) @ kanbo

At 0:22, it looks like the player is holding some kind of longsword in the heavy weapon slot.

It might break the game.... but I'm totally cool with the idea of a longsword! :)

Sword as a heavy weapon?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:06 (3159 days ago) @ Leviathan

It might break the game.... but I'm totally cool with the idea of a longsword! :)

.. That can deflect bullets and cut rockets in half!

Sword as a heavy weapon?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:13 (3159 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

.. That can deflect bullets and cut rockets in half!

[image]

Fate of all Fools at 0:23

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:14 (3159 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

And 347 Vesta Dynasty at 0:46

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:16 (3159 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

Hydra on Blind Watch at 0:56

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:17 (3159 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

Hydra on Blind Watch at 0:56

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:28 (3159 days ago) @ Zero

I think you mean harpies.

What does this mean?! Could this be the mix of PvP and PvE I was talking about yesterday? They mentioned that Crucible bounties will have a narrative arc. Wonder if this is part of that.

I wouldn't bet eating a sock

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:41 (3159 days ago) @ BeardFade

But I don't know if that really is Blind Watch. It could just be a yet unseen area of Mars which looks similar.

Go ahead, no one here could make you eat it apparently.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:42 (3159 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Calling Funkmon, you owe us a sock eating video!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:44 (3159 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

As an elemental primary, no less.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:18 (3159 days ago) @ Zero

It's currently non elemental.

That's because it's not the fate of all fools? *vid*

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:24 (3159 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:27

It looks too light in color...more like the strangers rifle.

[image]

That's because it's not the fate of all fools?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:30 (3159 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I wonder if we're going to have our Stranger's Rifle upgraded by the Exo Stranger herself with some cool story reasoning to go with it?

That's because it's not the fate of all fools?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:31 (3159 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I wonder if we're going to have our Stranger's Rifle upgraded by the Exo Stranger herself with some cool story reasoning to go with it?

I hope so, because right now it looks really cool, but is a PoS in everything other than crucible.

I hope not…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:56 (3159 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

…because I deleted all of mine. :-P

I hope not…

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 18:38 (3159 days ago) @ Beorn

…because I deleted all of mine. :-P

Whaaaa!? SR is an excellent Crucible weapon! I even kept all of mine, until I ran out of storage space...

Stranger's Rifle Story

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:31 (3159 days ago) @ Speedracer513

This is EXACTLY why I've held on to one of them. I want this to happen.

Other things don't fit. The sight's wrong, ammo count wrong.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 17:45 (3159 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Seems more likely to me they just redid FoAF for some reason. It may be neither, but I doubt it. I just doubt they redid FoAF less than I doubt it's a modified stranger's rifle.

Fate of all Fools at 0:23

by Mad_Stylus, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 17:15 (3159 days ago) @ Zero

Additionally, I don't think I recognize the make of some of those other weapons. Has a cut out holo-feedback at the end, striped paintjob. Doesn't look like the three foundries we've seen, not strange enough to be an exotic.

"No Time To Explain"

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 18:00 (3159 days ago) @ Zero
edited by Speedracer513, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 18:05

According to The Legend Blue's twitter, this weapon is called "No Time To Explain" and has Black Hammer's old perk.

His Twitter feed currently contains dozens of tweets with little bits of information about TTK - including the map of the Dreadnaught, info about the Gunsmith offering guns on loan to try out, crucible quests, and a bunch of other stuff.

FWIW, The Legend Blue is a well-known person in the Destiny community, and he recently leaked something else (the GameStop Suros Pack stuff IIRC) - he is not one to troll so, while I would take any "leaks" with a grain of salt, I'm inclined to believe most, if not all, of the info he's been tweeting.

EDIT: Apparentky the info he is posting comes from the Game Informer article, which is available digitally today and in print in a week or so.

Dat Tiny Sleeper Simulant Image

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 18:01 (3159 days ago) @ Speedracer513

[image]
The Legend is Blue, The Legend is Life.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 18:32 (3159 days ago) @ iconicbanana

[image]

I want this gun. It looks like an awesome version of Ice Breaker but an Auto Rifle. Daddy Likes.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 18:33 (3159 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 18:40

[image]

I want this gun. It looks like an awesome version of Ice Breaker but an Auto Rifle. Daddy Likes.

The internet is suggesting it is actually a [redacted].

Just noticed from staring too hard at this...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 14:28 (3158 days ago) @ iconicbanana

[image]

That looks like Rasputin's icon just below the trigger.

[image]

Just noticed from staring too hard at this...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 14:34 (3158 days ago) @ iconicbanana

[image]

That looks like Rasputin's icon just below the trigger.

[image]

Yeah it does. But is that Rasputin's icon or his makers icon?

Looking forward to that strike.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 14:35 (3158 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Warminds are just the best.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 14:41 (3158 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Until they go rampant and want to destroy civilization. Until then they are GREAT!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 14:50 (3158 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Until they go rampant and want to destroy civilization. Until then they are GREAT!

FTFY :)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 14:56 (3158 days ago) @ iconicbanana

FTFY :)

Haha, they are just so boring before that!

Thought this too. Seraphs Confirmed.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 15:08 (3158 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Is this logo labeled in the Artbook?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 15:09 (3158 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

No idea

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 15:11 (3158 days ago) @ CyberKN

I just vaguely recall the Seraphs being mentioned in relation to Rasputin.

Isn't Seraphim Vault a location during that TDB mission?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 15:13 (3158 days ago) @ someotherguy

[image]

Oh yeah, that'll be it

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 15:18 (3158 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

7 Seraphs?

by Durandal, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 16:25 (3158 days ago) @ someotherguy

Weren't they called the "Seven Seraphs" initially? Does a brakeaway faction of Guardians start working directly for Rasputin?

Also, this gun is very heavy on the future tech style we see in his vault. I wonder if there will be a "ancient future tech" faction going forward like the different armories they are implementing.

7 Seraphs?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 16:53 (3158 days ago) @ Durandal

Weren't they called the "Seven Seraphs" initially? Does a brakeaway faction of Guardians start working directly for Rasputin?

Bummed I can't equip Pocket Infinity and Sleeper Simulant at the same time, while simultaneously wearing the PS4 exclusive Warlock Rare Armor:
[image]

Also, this gun is very heavy on the future tech style we see in his vault. I wonder if there will be a "ancient future tech" faction going forward like the different armories they are implementing.

From what I've read, this gun is actually cobbled together through an exotic quest that has you scrounging for golden age tech. I also kinda hope that the art poster of the sleeper simulant from the Collector's Edition finds its way into the game somehow:
[image]

PvP

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:10 (3159 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Looks like Control, but there appears to be a (for lack of a better term) “Hive barrel” in the middle of the capture point. Pretty sure, though, that those enemies are just regular Guardians. That looks like a Titan wearing Trials gear.

[image]

PvP

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:32 (3159 days ago) @ Beorn

(for lack of a better term) “Hive barrel” in the middle of the capture point.

Perhaps "Hive Orb" ... or hive_orb01 if we're going to be overly specific :)

[image]

PvP

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:38 (3159 days ago) @ JDQuackers

(for lack of a better term) “Hive barrel” in the middle of the capture point.

Perhaps "Hive Orb" ... or hive_orb01 if we're going to be overly specific :)

[image]

hive_orb01 is the name of the character - not the box. The video shows numerous "hive_orbXX"s running around, but what looked (to me at least) at first glance to be Taken Hive might actually just be the generic names Bungie was using for the testers there. We're used to seeing "xxxx_bng" IDs in the trailers showing new gameplay - maybe they are using "hive_orbXX" for the testing of this hive-themed expansion.

"The Hive" is the Bungie PvP lab

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 18:09 (3159 days ago) @ Speedracer513

hive_orb01 is the name of the character - not the box. The video shows numerous "hive_orbXX"s running around, but what looked (to me at least) at first glance to be Taken Hive might actually just be the generic names Bungie was using for the testers there. We're used to seeing "xxxx_bng" IDs in the trailers showing new gameplay - maybe they are using "hive_orbXX" for the testing of this hive-themed expansion.

I think these characters are just pre-mades in the Bungie PvP lab upstairs. That room is called "The Hive." And the PS4's code name is "Orbis," right? Therefore, hive_orbXX seems to fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the XB1's in that room were hive_durangoXX or somesuch.

Maybe Factions?

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 18:54 (3159 days ago) @ Beorn

Could this be a Faction restricted PvP gametype?! That would be sweet! Factions working against each other in the wild to secure valuable alien tech! Fighting over every little edge that will give them an advantage in the more civil, but no less deadly, halls of battle in The City!

PvP

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 17:12 (3158 days ago) @ Beorn

Looks like Control, but there appears to be a (for lack of a better term) “Hive barrel” in the middle of the capture point. Pretty sure, though, that those enemies are just regular Guardians. That looks like a Titan wearing Trials gear.

[image]

Don't mean to burst any bubbles, but it's possible this is just Salvage. A lot of the maps in Salvage have map specific (or race specific) relics to capture. I'm holding out for more than 3 new modes though either way!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread