The Vanguard just gave me Etheric Light! (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, August 07, 2015, 15:12 (3194 days ago)

At least, according to an email I just received. "End Skolas. Reach Level 34 and continue the fight" or something similar.

I know they did this with Vanguard marks for people who'd been stuck at low levels (or just chose to wear a lot of low-level gear), but I already have 3x34s, plus 49 Etheric Light sat in the Vault, so this seems odd.

The Vanguard just gave me Etheric Light!

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, August 07, 2015, 15:51 (3194 days ago) @ someotherguy

plus 49 Etheric Light sat in the Vault

*eyes bug out*

+1000

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, August 07, 2015, 19:27 (3194 days ago) @ marmot 1333

*eyes bug out*

+1000

by Raflection, Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:38 (3194 days ago) @ red robber

*eyes bug out*

[image]

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, August 07, 2015, 15:55 (3194 days ago) @ someotherguy

I really hope I get some free light! I've never obtained any, and I need either a chest or gloves to get my first character to 34 and fight Skolas.

The amount of etheric light you're holding onto is insane. How is that possible?

How do you have so much Etheric Light.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, August 07, 2015, 16:21 (3194 days ago) @ JDQuackers

You must be the exact opposite of me, the only way i've gotten Etheric Light is Iron Banner and I know that's because I don't find PoE all that interesting.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, August 07, 2015, 16:36 (3194 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I'd be happy to run the 34 with you sometime.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, August 07, 2015, 17:56 (3194 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I'd be happy to run the 34 with you sometime.

I appreciate the offer! I really want to get it done before the end of this month but I'm worried that I won't be able to! I need Variks to sell either Chest or Gloves in the near future and I need to stock up on at least 1 Armor core this week, as I'll be out of the country with no Xbox for the next 2 weeks, so then I'll have 2 weeks left to finish the fight! If Variks doesn't have Chest or Gloves on the week that I get back then I'm going to really be cutting it close.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, August 07, 2015, 18:00 (3194 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I appreciate the offer! I really want to get it done before the end of this month but I'm worried that I won't be able to! I need Variks to sell either Chest or Gloves in the near future and I need to stock up on at least 1 Armor core this week, as I'll be out of the country with no Xbox for the next 2 weeks, so then I'll have 2 weeks left to finish the fight! If Variks doesn't have Chest or Gloves on the week that I get back then I'm going to really be cutting it close.

Well, if we run a 34 PoE (totally doable as a 33) you'll get a piece of Etheric Light. Then you can level up either a chest or your gloves regardless of what Variks is selling...

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, August 07, 2015, 18:06 (3194 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I never considered that anybody would want to carry a L33 guardian through the L34 PoE, but that would be awesome if you're offering!

I'd be free early tomorrow or all day Sunday to do it!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, August 07, 2015, 18:09 (3194 days ago) @ JDQuackers

A lot of us ran PoE 34 as 33s the first week.

How does 10:30 PST sound. Rellekh and I are on 360

by Robot Chickens, Friday, August 07, 2015, 19:06 (3194 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Let me talk

I call sloppy seconds

by kornman00, Friday, August 07, 2015, 23:36 (3194 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

gross

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, August 08, 2015, 13:14 (3193 days ago) @ kornman00

- No text -

Heh, I only had time for one run today.

by Robot Chickens, Saturday, August 08, 2015, 16:56 (3193 days ago) @ kornman00

- No text -

My 360 is packed in storage right now :-(

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Saturday, August 08, 2015, 14:47 (3193 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Thanks for the offer, though. I'll see if anybody is online later on the BOne

If you can find one other, I can run it on the xbone

by Robot Chickens, Saturday, August 08, 2015, 14:51 (3193 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

Pff, "carry"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, August 07, 2015, 21:52 (3194 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Son, if you never run lvl34 as a 33, you'll never appreciate the 34 loot.

I'll gladly have you struggling to keep up. Hit me up if you see me online tomorrow.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, August 07, 2015, 16:42 (3194 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I really hope I get some free light! I've never obtained any, and I need either a chest or gloves to get my first character to 34 and fight Skolas.

The amount of etheric light you're holding onto is insane. How is that possible?

If you go out of your way to collect as much as possible, you can earn up to 15 per week from Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris combined. Up to 6 more every time Iron Banner rolls around, plus the occasional piece or two from nightfalls and Variks' reward packages.

I've earned about that many as well, except I spend them almost as fast as I earn them. I've got about 15 in my vault right now.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread