Raidsecrets found some interesting stuff with oracles (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, August 07, 2015, 19:29 (3194 days ago)

Just a little something some of you might be interested in.

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/3g42hq/vog_blue_orb_results_part_1/

So, during the gatekeepr & atheon encounters if you kill an oracle at just the right time it spawns a little blue orb thingy and then you succumb to the oracles. This has been known, but further details have been found. Kinda interesting, and no, this isn't one of the lore posts I spoke of cross-posting.

Anyway, I thought some here might find this interesting.

Very cool!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, August 07, 2015, 19:43 (3194 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

This shit is bananas.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, August 07, 2015, 19:49 (3194 days ago) @ dogcow

o_O

Nice catch, wokgod.

Theory:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:10 (3194 days ago) @ dogcow

In some prior-to-release version of the raid, Oracles would fire these (tracking) orbs at players to mark them for death (after the Oracle remained alive for a certain amount of time). Perhaps whatever tracking algorithm used for the orbs was deemed too buggy, and the marking mechanic was changed to be instantaneous. The orb triggering mechanic was "suppressed", but due to subsequent changes and tweaks the orbs are still able to spawn when certain rare conditions are met.

Likely

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:12 (3194 days ago) @ CyberKN

Although it would mean there isn't a secret attached to the orbs, this seems to be a likely explanation.

Likely

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:48 (3194 days ago) @ Beorn

Yeah, I wondered similar things, that it could be leftover from previous implementations of the oracles. How cool would that have been to have the oracles chase you down? (although these don't track & simply travel in a straight line).

It's the ghost of lockout

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:27 (3194 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Video scared the pants off me.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, August 08, 2015, 00:30 (3194 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread