The Sleeper Simulant... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:42 (3194 days ago)
edited by Korny, Friday, August 07, 2015, 21:02

Preview here.

Not that I wish to imply anything, but an overpenetrating Heavy Fusion Rifle that acts as a laser/rail gun that you get through a quest based on Banshee's memories?

I may have heard of that idea before...

"Players first have to collect relics of the Golden Age which have been scattered across the various locations of Destiny. After players bring these pieces back to Banshee-44 (the Tower's gunsmith), the ancient artifacts trigger a memory in the ancient Exo gunsmith, and he will invite players on an odyssey to repair and reactivate one of the Taken King's most striking exotics."

When I first heard the name "Sleeper Simulant", I was like "Hey, that reminds me of my old "Banshee's Dream".
Then I saw that it was a Heavy Fusion Rifle, and was like, "heh, what a coincidence".
And then I saw the quest, where Banshee's memories have you scavenging for things so that he can build you a weapon that "bears the hallmarks of a prototype that is not ready for mass distribution", and I'm like...

[see above image]

I'm just Sayan... They could have at least made it Void Damage. The one thing you got wrong, Bungle...

The Sleeper Simulant...

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:44 (3194 days ago) @ Korny

interesting, really is close. Gonna get the call for a job tomorrow perhaps?

Where's my money Bungie?

by Sammy Whammy, Gravity Falls, OR., Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:48 (3194 days ago) @ Korny

I have a dog and two guniea pigs to feed here.

I'm sorry Bungie...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:51 (3194 days ago) @ Sammy Whammy

I have a dog and two guniea pigs to feed here.

We try not to let her out too much... She gets... emotional.

I'm sorry Bungie...

by Sammy Whammy, Gravity Falls, OR., Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:54 (3194 days ago) @ Korny

*hisses* *crawls back in hole*

lol, how awesome! Too bad it's not void like you wanted ;-)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:51 (3194 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

lol, how awesome! Too bad it's not void like you wanted ;-)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:58 (3194 days ago) @ dogcow

It was two meta jokes in one!
He referenced:
-the number of Rare Fusion rifles purchased from him for the Pocket Infinity bounty.
-the number of void weapons purchased from him for the Thorn bounty.

You had gold there, Bungie. Gold!

I thought of you straight away!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, August 07, 2015, 20:53 (3194 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

I..words. Words just do not explain

by Raflection, Friday, August 07, 2015, 21:00 (3194 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Raflection, Friday, August 07, 2015, 21:10

Wow! I actually read through your original idea when you posted it and bungie was obviously reading it at the same time.

I kind of can't actually believe it, expect incoming deej

You even said!

Perks are focused more on accuracy, stability, and movement

Look at sleepers listed perks..

Wow. I hadn't even looked at Sleeper's Perks... Nice catch.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 07, 2015, 21:16 (3194 days ago) @ Raflection

- No text -

Solar? I don't need no stinking Solar heavies!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, August 07, 2015, 21:56 (3194 days ago) @ Korny

You got it right, Korny. Void is the way to go.

Obvious idea is obvious

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, August 07, 2015, 21:58 (3194 days ago) @ Korny

I think having Banshee be a quest giver is obvious if you want to make the characters in the tower more relevant. I wouldn't be surprised if other tower characters start picking up quest lines as well. Plus since Banshee is an exo and the exo background includes the idea of lost memories that seems like another obvious idea. And Spartan laser anyone? Their special fusion rifle is also different from yours since it doesn't make enemies explode and bounces off walls instead of penetrating them. Not to say your original idea isn't a good one of course.

Something else to consider, most companies try to avoid using ideas from people on the Internet to avoid the possibility of being sued.

Obvious idea is obvious

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, August 07, 2015, 22:03 (3194 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I think having Banshee be a quest giver is obvious if you want to make the characters in the tower more relevant. I wouldn't be surprised if other tower characters start picking up quest lines as well. Plus since Banshee is an exo and the exo background includes the idea of lost memories that seems like another obvious idea. And Spartan laser anyone? Their special fusion rifle is also different from yours since it doesn't make enemies explode and bounces off walls instead of penetrating them. Not to say your original idea isn't a good one of course.

Something else to consider, most companies try to avoid using ideas from people on the Internet to avoid the possibility of being sued.

Not discounting this is a coincidence (because I think it probably is) but theirs penetrates enemies too :)

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, August 08, 2015, 00:23 (3194 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

There are still some balance issues

by Durandal, Friday, August 07, 2015, 22:32 (3194 days ago) @ Korny

And I want a much wider beam equal in diameter to a hive thrall.

Anyway, it does look very cool, but that three second charge up time is going to make it 2nd fiddle in crucible to any Exotic HMG or rocket. I hope it has a decent amount of ammo and can really dish out the damage to make up for it.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, August 07, 2015, 23:40 (3194 days ago) @ Durandal

I think that's where the exotic perk comes in, the beam bounces off walls and things, which means you can efectivly shoot around corners. All HMGs and most rockets you have to have line of sight the whole way to the target. With this you just have to know someone is in the room and shoot through the door and have the beam bounce around a few times. It sounds like most testers had a hard time remembering this though and just wanted to line up direct shots.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, August 10, 2015, 11:23 (3191 days ago) @ Durandal

And I want a much wider beam equal in diameter to a hive thrall.

Anyway, it does look very cool, but that three second charge up time is going to make it 2nd fiddle in crucible to any Exotic HMG or rocket. I hope it has a decent amount of ammo and can really dish out the damage to make up for it.

It would totally be worth it if your beam just incinerated any rockets coming at you. That would totally make it worth my while.

:D

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 11:59 (3192 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

The Sleeper Simulant...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 14:48 (3192 days ago) @ Korny

Can you suicide off the ricochet?

Only one way to find out…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 15:01 (3192 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

The Sleeper Simulant...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 15:51 (3192 days ago) @ bluerunner

Doubt it, or Hard Light would have killed me many times over.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread