Rainbow 6 Closed Beta Access (Gaming)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 18:16 (3212 days ago)

If any of you want to try Rainbow 6 Siege, they're offering guaranteed beta access during RTX: http://rtxevent.com/rainbow6/

(The beta isn't going on right now, you just get a code that guarantees you access)

Rainbow 6 Closed Beta Access

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 18:20 (3212 days ago) @ Xenos

How can I play any other game when I still haven't beaten Destiny?

But seriously, I'm interested in so many other games, but Destiny has had so much to offer and been so enjoyable, I haven't found a desire to play other games. I'd really like to get BF4 because I love that series and I miss a tactical shooter.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 18:23 (3212 days ago) @ red robber

But seriously, I'm interested in so many other games, but Destiny has had so much to offer and been so enjoyable, I haven't found a desire to play other games. I'd really like to get BF4 because I love that series and I miss a tactical shooter.

Yeah I totally know what you mean. I used to buy a video game every month (on average), and since Destiny came that frequency has dropped by a very large margin.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 18:31 (3212 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah I totally know what you mean. I used to buy a video game every month (on average), and since Destiny came that frequency has dropped by a very large margin.

In some ways it a good thing. I've spent $100 on Destiny and expansions for a year. Like you, I would normally buy multiple games in a year, so the savings are really nice. On the flip side I feel like I'm not broadening my horizons and getting as much out of my xbone as I potentially could. Ultimately its about being entertained and that has been a huge win with Destiny. Rainbow Six could pull me away though. Vegas 2 was the last game eh? Such a good game.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 19:27 (3212 days ago) @ red robber

Heh, I've only bought Destiny, Master Chief Collection, and Witcher 3 in the last six months. Put nearly 300 hundred hours into Destiny, and right at 70 in The Witcher (which I still need to finish), and maybe fifteen hours in MCC (just playing through random levels).

Mostly it's because Destiny is just that damn good and is so much fun. But partly it's because there is just not much else right now that seems that appealing to me. I'm definitely going to get Halo 5 and play the Campaign, and I'll probably hit up the multiplayer a bit, but Destiny will probably be my go-to game again after I finish the Halo 5 campaign.

Destiny is just too damn good.

BF4 thoughts

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 20:51 (3211 days ago) @ red robber

BF4 multiplayer: Awesome buy it!

BF4 campaign: Don't even bother installing it.

BF4 thoughts

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 22:15 (3211 days ago) @ breitzen

Loved the BF4 multiplayer, after they fixed all the bugs. Heh. But yeah, campaign was completely forgettable.

BF4 thoughts

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 22:19 (3211 days ago) @ breitzen

BF4 multiplayer: Awesome buy it!

BF4 campaign: Don't even bother installing it.

I actually enjoyed the campaign gameplay-wise (getting the Hard trophy, as well as unlocking two great guns and some other fun trophies). The story was beyond bad, and the characters were all extremely unlikable (though Pac was alright). It's worth a run through on the Hard difficulty (especially since they fixed the save wipes).

But yeah, the multiplayer is great, even though they've nerfed pretty much all of the things that I loved doing (RIP UCAV), the game still has those "Whoah" moments:

BF4 thoughts

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 22:23 (3211 days ago) @ breitzen

The only BF I finished was 3. It was meh. BF is all about the multiplayer.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread