Trials of Osiris - Multi-View [Video] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, August 10, 2015, 18:48 (3211 days ago)

Last weekend, Ottermack, TheeChaos and I did another run to the lighthouse. In addition to live streaming it, we saved a few clips to put together this multi-view video. I took footage of 2 complete games from all 3 of our perspectives and put them together. The idea is to show how we rotate and position ourselves, make call-outs, and react to enemy maneuvers.

Let me know what you think of this. If you like it/find it helpful, I might make more :)

Crap...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, August 10, 2015, 20:02 (3211 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I just noticed that I forgot to label the main screen so you can see who's perspective it is. I'll add that and re-upload the video.

Pretty easy to follow based on loadout...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, August 10, 2015, 21:21 (3211 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Messenger= Cruel
Red Death= Otter
Hawkmoon= Chaos

My thoughts

by Raflection, Monday, August 10, 2015, 22:10 (3211 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This is pretty awesome, seeing how you all work together.

Just some improvements to the video though, increase the screen to the full edges, its hard to watch the main screen when it is being shadowed larger behind it; would like nice to only see the 3 screens taking up full view.

Also about 1:55 your big screen disappears for 5 seconds.

Trials of Osiris - Multi-View [Video]

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 03:06 (3210 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This was pretty cool, but I did have a hard time with all three screens up at once. I would just like to see the main screen in full view without the others on the side, but I understand having three screens up at once. Of course it would probably help to watch this on a bigger screen.

One thing I have learned watching you is to be patient. I was surprise by how long you'll stay scoped in without checking your corners. Also your movements are smooth. I tend to go into hyper mode and try things that don't normally work for me. Slow and smooth seems to be the way to go for me.

There is something natural in your teams movement. You don't bunch up too much, but don't really spread out too far either. You guys are also good at knowing when to push based on your teammates movements and situation. I've been playing with Beorn alot lately and I've kinda learned to just push up when he starts to rush. I'm a hang back kinda guy so this was hard for me at first, but I'm getting better. I do a better job of taking out players he has wounded, rather than being out of the fight completely.

Definitely not our best games, by far.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 09:50 (3210 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Good editing though. Its nice to see why you and ottermack keep dying...

All jokes aside though we do work well together. But there is always room for improvement. I noticed at some points we were too crowded up and a couple of grenades could have spanked us.

Definitely not our best games, by far.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 12:11 (3210 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Good editing though. Its nice to see why you and ottermack keep dying...

Lol... I specifically chose a match that we struggled with to show how we adapt and shift gears. Although it would be fun to do one that shows us steamrolling the other team :)

My thoughts

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 12:13 (3210 days ago) @ Raflection

This is pretty awesome, seeing how you all work together.

Just some improvements to the video though, increase the screen to the full edges, its hard to watch the main screen when it is being shadowed larger behind it; would like nice to only see the 3 screens taking up full view.

Also about 1:55 your big screen disappears for 5 seconds.

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree that the background footage is too distracting. I'm going to make another version, with some significant changes.

Very nice!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 12:44 (3210 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I really love the view and how you changed the "big perspective" based on the flow of the battle. Good communication, it was nice to see how the pros do it! ;)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread