1.2.0.5 Patch Notes (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:16 (3210 days ago)

Tess Everis has left the Tower (Temporarily)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:19 (3210 days ago) @ CyberKN

That's weird. I wonder if she's getting a new function in TTK?

Exactly what I was thinking

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:21 (3210 days ago) @ CyberKN

Since Shaders and Emblems will be available from the kiosk next to Eva, I was wondering what was going on with Tess for TTK. I guess we'll find out, but I'm glad she's coming back (eventually?).

Fixed issues with suspend/resume handling on Xbox One

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:22 (3210 days ago) @ CyberKN

Hope this helps with the chat issues that pop up if you don't manually quit Destiny every so often.

Oh nooooooo :(

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:30 (3210 days ago) @ Beorn

I wonder if that means Tess' unique Shaders and Emblems will show up in the Emblem
and Shader Kiosks?

I really hope not. I'll literally bever be able to get some of those (I'm looking at you Alpha Lupi/Inner Chamber). Those empty spaces in my Emblem pokedex will really upset my OCD.

Edit: I wonder if that means the Tumbler will have a new home? Sparrow and Ship kiosks too please Bungie.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:36 (3210 days ago) @ someotherguy

I wonder if that means Tess' unique Shaders and Emblems will show up in the Emblem
and Shader Kiosks?

I really hope not. I'll literally bever be able to get some of those (I'm looking at you Alpha Lupi/Inner Chamber). Those empty spaces in my Emblem pokedex will really upset my OCD.

It's not like those are just items for sale. You earned those or got them as bonuses. Bungie may be changing things, but I very seriously doubt that change will mean that these items are now unavailable to you. They'll be in the kiosk permanently, just like the triumph emblem will be. Mark my words.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:40 (3210 days ago) @ Kermit

and Shader Kiosks?

It's not like those are just items for sale. You earned those or got them as bonuses. Bungie may be changing things, but I very seriously doubt that change will mean that these items are now unavailable to you. They'll be in the kiosk permanently, just like the triumph emblem will be. Mark my words.

But I'm talking about the ones I didn't earn or receive. I don't mind not having them, but if there's a big greyed-out section of the Kiosk containing (and reminding me of) all the things I can't ever have it'll really annoy me.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:40 (3210 days ago) @ Kermit

and Shader Kiosks?

I think he's referring to the fact that Bungie has previously stated that the kiosk will show you all emblems you have and don't have, with instructions on how to acquire them.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:42 (3210 days ago) @ CyberKN

"Obtained by: Participate in the Alpha Lupi ARG before Destiny's Launch".

Oh okay, I'll go do that :(

by Yapok @, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:43 (3210 days ago) @ someotherguy

Maybe it wont show the ones you cant possibly earn anymore?

Here's hoping

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:45 (3210 days ago) @ Yapok

Apart from that, I'm really hyped for the kiosks. Because I'm ridiculous. I'd like one for ships and sparrows too please Bungie.

Here's hoping

by Yapok @, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:48 (3210 days ago) @ someotherguy

Im hoping for vault kiosks for all types of stuff, which would essentially solve the vault space issue.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:49 (3210 days ago) @ Yapok

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Tess has never shown me anything that I couldn't just take because it had been unlocked for me. Maybe I've always had everything that was possible to have.

I've treated her offerings as extra storage simply because you could take items as many times as you wanted, and if I wasn't using any of the shaders, for example, I'd delete them from my character's inventory and the vault.

Exotic Vault please

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:49 (3210 days ago) @ Yapok

- No text -

by Yapok @, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:51 (3210 days ago) @ Kermit

We're talking about the hints at the new shader kiosks coming in Taken King. It was mentioned that it would show ones you have not gotten and how to get them. We're wondering if this new special orders kiosk will be like the taken king ones.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:54 (3210 days ago) @ Yapok

We're talking about the hints at the new shader kiosks coming in Taken King. It was mentioned that it would show ones you have not gotten and how to get them. We're wondering if this new special orders kiosk will be like the taken king ones.

Still don't get it. someotherguy seemed to imply that he'd lose access to something he already had earned. That's what I was speaking up about it.

by Yapok @, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:56 (3210 days ago) @ Kermit

I think he was just complaining about possibly having things like convention specific shaders show up in the "have not obtained" list with the new TTK kiosks that were impossible to earn. OCD irritations :P

Tess Quest!

by Durandal, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:57 (3210 days ago) @ CyberKN

She will be replaced by a scientist/explorer character, a member of the commonality with some military rank like Major or Lieutenant. She could accompany fire teams to other planets in order to science things and then macguyver solutions. While there she would discover Tess has impersonated some Hive deity and is lording it over some foolish thralls.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:57 (3210 days ago) @ Beorn

Hope this helps with the chat issues that pop up if you don't manually quit Destiny every so often.

Didn't know that those had to do with the login.
More weird Xbox-exclusive quirks that I hope they fix:

Inability to join Fireteam if the wrong person is host.
The "awaiting stability" delay (kinda nitpicky, but those delays add up).
The way microphones cut off between loading screens.
The annoying "you were returned to orbit because you're joining a Fireteam" popup that freezes you in place (oh thanks, I had no idea that I specifically chose to join a fireteam. Thanks for the heads up!)
Separating the Fireteam privacy from the party option (The more that Destiny can separate from the Xbox OS, the better).
The triple-error combo that ends up logging you off.
VoG enemy behaviors.
Netcode for Trials (it'd be great to find a single game without a red-bar host).
Lack of Exodus Blue (one more month, guys, just one more month)...

Wish they'd explain why they were okay with the Xbox version having these quirks. I suspected that the game was developed for Playstation, then ported over to Xbox (I remember them saying that they had to put in some extra work to get the game running at 1080p), while simultaneously integrating it with the godawful Xbox OS, and that's why there's so much weirdness... But who knows. I'd love to hear more about it, and if they plan to address those issues (the whole resume thing has been plaguing the game since it was introduced, though closing the app tends to fix the issue).

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 15:58 (3210 days ago) @ Kermit

The new Kiosks will show all Shaders abd Emblems including those you don't have.

If Tess is being repurposed I would imagine the kiosks will serve that function now. Which means being able to see the previously-hidden unavailable items.

Exactly

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:00 (3210 days ago) @ Yapok

I didn't mean to suggest I was losing anything. I'm bad at words.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:01 (3210 days ago) @ someotherguy

The new Kiosks will show all Shaders abd Emblems including those you don't have.

If Tess is being repurposed I would imagine the kiosks will serve that function now. Which means being able to see the previously-hidden unavailable items.

Sorry to be dense. The only purpose I see in showing legacy ones that can't be obtained is so people have a way of knowing what they mean when they see them.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:11 (3210 days ago) @ Kermit

I don't know how many times people have asked me how I got my Shield of Mythics Emblem. I then tell them "because I'm freakin' awesome and have a bungie.net account that's old as dirt."

I even had one of the first couple hundred chapters on the seventh column (ZPGh) which survived the first few great purges (it even ended up with a double digit chapter_id, like 17 or something). Sadly it died and was purged after some time.

Anyway, I will sort of miss when people ask me about my cool emblem.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:13 (3210 days ago) @ Beorn

I hope so too, it could also be referring to how it sometimes takes 30+ seconds for the game to even start loading after you come back from suspend though, I guess we'll see.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:25 (3210 days ago) @ dogcow

I don't know how many times people have asked me how I got my Shield of Mythics Emblem. I then tell them "because I'm freakin' awesome and have a bungie.net account that's old as dirt."

I even had one of the first couple hundred chapters on the seventh column (ZPGh) which survived the first few great purges (it even ended up with a double digit chapter_id, like 17 or something). Sadly it died and was purged after some time.

Anyway, I will sort of miss when people ask me about my cool emblem.

Except for Bungie.net ones, I get the exclusive emblems confused. There are several that are very similar in their requirements.

Still disappointed mine didn't work right. Jerk. =)

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:37 (3210 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:38 (3210 days ago) @ Korny

The annoying "you were returned to orbit because you're joining a Fireteam" popup that freezes you in place (oh thanks, I had no idea that I specifically chose to join a fireteam. Thanks for the heads up!)

This irritates me to no end. Oddly, it doesn't happen on the 360 (where I played for the first few months). At least I don't think so, anyway.

Still waiting for my Beta emblem to arrive...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:39 (3210 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:56 (3210 days ago) @ Korny

All video game exclusives are bad, but the Xbox's are the worst :)

Separating the Fireteam privacy from the party option (The more that Destiny can separate from the Xbox OS, the better).
VoG enemy behaviors.
Netcode for Trials (it'd be great to find a single game without a red-bar host).

Wish they'd explain why they were okay with the Xbox version having these quirks. I suspected that the game was developed for Playstation, then ported over to Xbox (I remember them saying that they had to put in some extra work to get the game running at 1080p), while simultaneously integrating it with the godawful Xbox OS, and that's why there's so much weirdness... But who knows. I'd love to hear more about it, and if they plan to address those issues (the whole resume thing has been plaguing the game since it was introduced, though closing the app tends to fix the issue).

We should be getting a new OS in the fall for the XBone. Win10 based from what I understand and they'll be getting rid of the Win8 tile setup. If you've dabbled with Win10 on PC it essentially looks the same as the XBox app. I think it'll be an improvement.

I think something is up with your account link...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 17:05 (3210 days ago) @ slycrel

Compare this: https://www.bungie.net/en/View/Search?uId=dogcow

vs this: https://www.bungie.net/en/View/Search?uId=slycrel

What's up w/ that # by your bungie.net account, & why does it show both your bungie.net account and your psn account separately? (of course on that same note, why do it only show my linked bungie.net account/psn account (without a #) and separately my old xbox account?)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 17:27 (3210 days ago) @ Korny

Yes! At least you can be invisible on Xbox, though.

VoG enemy behaviors.

Or is the problem Playstation enemy behaviors--why does the gatekeeper just sit there when you shoot him?

Wish they'd explain why they were okay with the Xbox version having these quirks. I suspected that the game was developed for Playstation, then ported over to Xbox (I remember them saying that they had to put in some extra work to get the game running at 1080p), while simultaneously integrating it with the godawful Xbox OS, and that's why there's so much weirdness... But who knows.

Point taken regarding unnecessary integration, but about the 1080p issue, that had more to do with Microsoft unlocking more processing power when they removed the Kinect requirement, from what I recall.

I'd love to hear more about it, and if they plan to address those issues (the whole resume thing has been plaguing the game since it was introduced, though closing the app tends to fix the issue).

Love my Xbox One, but I wish the OS was as speedy as the playstation's. Maybe that will change in the fall.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 17:38 (3210 days ago) @ Kermit

Yes! At least you can be invisible on Xbox, though.

Up until you join a Fireteam/party. I can always see when you're on, since you don't seem to play alone much. :P
The game rats you out quickly enough...

VoG enemy behaviors.

Or is the problem Playstation enemy behaviors--why does the gatekeeper just sit there when you shoot him?

Hubris!
Heh, I'd rather have those problems than enemies consistently teleporting onto the Confluxes from a mile away...

Wish they'd explain why they were okay with the Xbox version having these quirks. I suspected that the game was developed for Playstation, then ported over to Xbox (I remember them saying that they had to put in some extra work to get the game running at 1080p), while simultaneously integrating it with the godawful Xbox OS, and that's why there's so much weirdness... But who knows.

Point taken regarding unnecessary integration, but about the 1080p issue, that had more to do with Microsoft unlocking more processing power when they removed the Kinect requirement, from what I recall.

I don't understand quite how that works for folks who do use Kinect. Was the simple "requirement" hogging processing power?
Either way, I doubt that's the cause for the existing quirks. I blame much of it on the OS. Hopefully the NXE alleviates a number of these issues.

I'd love to hear more about it, and if they plan to address those issues (the whole resume thing has been plaguing the game since it was introduced, though closing the app tends to fix the issue).

Love my Xbox One, but I wish the OS was as speedy as the playstation's. Maybe that will change in the fall.

I was explaining to Paddy how Saved films and sharing/exporting worked on PS4, and I could feel his pained heart valves through the headset. Can't wait for that OS overhaul. Can't come soon enough...

I think you're right, but no idea what to do about it.

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 17:45 (3210 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 17:54 (3210 days ago) @ Korny

I was explaining to Paddy how Saved films and sharing/exporting worked on PS4, and I could feel his pained heart valves through the headset. Can't wait for that OS overhaul. Can't come soon enough...

Maybe you could explain it to me sometime. I still get confused.

I think something is up with your account link...

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 17:56 (3210 days ago) @ dogcow
edited by slycrel, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 18:06

So, I checked my account settings and I have an XBLive and PSN account both shown as "linked". But I didn't have those turned on as public information, so I swapped that. Maybe that will change something, I'm not sure. Either way, my Halo 2 online games are all showing up in my profile, so no idea what else I can do to make sure that's all right. Maybe send them an email or something I guess.

Edit: So apparently you can change your "unique ID" from a number to a character set. I changed mine and it now shows up as "Slycrel"... So looks the same pretty much on the search page.

Pretty sure there's nothing I can do to get it now anyhow, but was a fun trip down memory lane. =)

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 19:18 (3210 days ago) @ Xenos

I hope so too, it could also be referring to how it sometimes takes 30+ seconds for the game to even start loading after you come back from suspend though, I guess we'll see.

I haven't noticed this in a long time. Granted, I've barely been playing, but before I stopped I remember thinking that it hadn't happened in a while. I used to turn the game on and go get myself a drink, etc. and hope it'd be ready by the time I got back.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 19:30 (3210 days ago) @ someotherguy

I don't understand. Why would those things moving to a different location make you unable to obtain them? Wouldn't it work exactly the same way as now, except you interact with a kiosk instead of Tess? Have you been banned from Tower North or something?

Edit: Never mind, read further down the thread and I get it now. Wording is a little confusing if you don't already know about the way the kiosk displays things.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 19:36 (3210 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Wait, that only happens onone console? I've played on 360,but I guess I didn't notice the absence of an annoying popup.

Really don't understand why that message is platform specific. I mean, the action of going to orbit to join a fireteam happens regardless of platform - why is the informational notice only a thing on one of them? Makes no sense.

yeah

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 20:31 (3210 days ago) @ Kermit

as someone who plays and records on both systems, I still love saying "Xbox Record That" much more than the PS4 option. I DO DO DO DO HATE having to double tap the "xbox?" button to take a screenshot though. Love that PS4 has the ability to make tapping the share button take a screenshot. So clutch.

yeah

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 20:41 (3210 days ago) @ kidtsunami

as someone who plays and records on both systems, I still love saying "Xbox Record That" much more than the PS4 option. I DO DO DO DO HATE having to double tap the "xbox?" button to take a screenshot though. Love that PS4 has the ability to make tapping the share button take a screenshot. So clutch.

You do know you can say "Xbox, take a screenshot" right?

What’s the delay on that?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 20:47 (3210 days ago) @ Xenos

The nice thing about the PS4 method is that you can just tap the button and it’ll take an instant screenshot. It seems like all of the Xbox methods are kind of slow and hard to time. I usually just record at max quality on my GameCapture HD and saving screens out after the fact. :-P

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 21:02 (3210 days ago) @ Beorn

The nice thing about the PS4 method is that you can just tap the button and it’ll take an instant screenshot. It seems like all of the Xbox methods are kind of slow and hard to time. I usually just record at max quality on my GameCapture HD and saving screens out after the fact. :-P

I haven't noticed much of a delay (it seems to be the moment when I starting saying Xbox). But if you're trying to get something really quick, yeah neither system is going to be better than using video.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 02:09 (3209 days ago) @ Xenos

I haven't noticed much of a delay (it seems to be the moment when I starting saying Xbox).

I'd wager that it is. Since it's apparently keeping the last 5 minutes of video in a buffer somewhere anyway, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that it goes back a few frames until (roughly) the moment you started giving the command.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 02:30 (3209 days ago) @ Beorn

The nice thing about the PS4 method is that you can just tap the button and it’ll take an instant screenshot. It seems like all of the Xbox methods are kind of slow and hard to time.

On Xbox the moment that you double-tap the Guide/Xbox button, it takes the screenshot as well. Hitting the "Y" button afterwards simply saves what is in the buffer to storage. So if you hold/tap the PS4 Share button (depending on your settings) or double-tap the Xbox button, it should be identical in function.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 02:38 (3209 days ago) @ stabbim

I'd wager the "Xbox" command is analogous to double-tapping the Guide button in many ways.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 11:00 (3209 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Yeah, just wish it was quicker than the double tap. I've still taken some nice no UI shots using the double-tap method. Just kind of frustrating.

Hidden Change

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 11:25 (3209 days ago) @ CyberKN

@Bungie - Anyone notice something new when inspecting their gear today? We snuck in a fun feature that some of you have started to notice.

Apparently you can rotate gear while previewing it now. According to twitter anyway, I haven't actually tried it.

Hidden Change

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 15:06 (3209 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Oh, sweet. I've always sort of absent-mindedly tried to do that (even after months of playing and knowing it wasn't a thing).

Confirmed... Ish

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 15:35 (3209 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Doesn't work with weapons, sadly.

Does it work for shaders?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 15:39 (3209 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

@Bungie - Anyone notice something new when inspecting their gear today? We snuck in a fun feature that some of you have started to notice.

Apparently you can rotate gear while previewing it now. According to twitter anyway, I haven't actually tried it.

Also, I'd love to be able to zoom in and out with the L2/R2...

It works for shaders. No Zoom, Sadly.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 15:40 (3209 days ago) @ Korny

Halo 3 did it better.

?!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 15:51 (3209 days ago) @ someotherguy

That would be the main appeal for me...

Confirmed... Ish

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 16:02 (3209 days ago) @ someotherguy

Yeah, I was sad, too. The details you can see with the armor are really cool. If only Destiny had a theater mode that enabled us to really examine its amazing art.

Theoretical vs Practical reserve capacity

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 01:28 (3208 days ago) @ Korny

I don't understand quite how that works for folks who do use Kinect. Was the simple "requirement" hogging processing power?
Either way, I doubt that's the cause for the existing quirks. I blame much of it on the OS. Hopefully the NXE alleviates a number of these issues.

The requirement was that game developers not utilize the entirety of the console's CPU resources. So no matter how much CPU the game wanted at a given time, it would not be given all that was available because some was reserved for Kinect in case Kinect would need to use it (presumably to respond to voice/gestures).

With the requirement removed, those who do not have Kinect will, presumably, be running games that can invade the CPU capacity formerly reserved for Kinect. What I don't know is, if you HAVE a Kinect, does that also mean games can invade that reserve CPU, presumably degrading the performance of Kinect in favor of allowing more resources for the game? Or does the dropped requirement only apply to those who do not have a Kinect, and for whom that reservation was always theoretical?

Theoretical vs Practical reserve capacity

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 01:56 (3208 days ago) @ narcogen

The requirement was that game developers not utilize the entirety of the console's CPU resources. So no matter how much CPU the game wanted at a given time, it would not be given all that was available because some was reserved for Kinect in case Kinect would need to use it (presumably to respond to voice/gestures).

With the requirement removed, those who do not have Kinect will, presumably, be running games that can invade the CPU capacity formerly reserved for Kinect. What I don't know is, if you HAVE a Kinect, does that also mean games can invade that reserve CPU, presumably degrading the performance of Kinect in favor of allowing more resources for the game? Or does the dropped requirement only apply to those who do not have a Kinect, and for whom that reservation was always theoretical?

Short answer: some Kinect features do become unavailable in-game in this scenario, but they don't seem to be features used often while in-game or, at least if they are, developers are aware and wouldn't use the extra capacity in that situation.

See http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/xbox-one-xdk-qa

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread