Dinklebot preservation archive underway (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:27 (3166 days ago)

I've begun recording all of Dinklage's lines in the game for posterity. Most are mixed center, so a lot of them will be very very clean. I need to know if I have potentially missed anything:

1. Story Missions and cutscenes
2. Strikes
3. Patrol mode intro, and mission acceptance / completion

Is there anything else or anywhere else he'd talk?

Public events?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:35 (3166 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

This could be good.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:42 (3166 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

This could be good.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:45 (3166 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hehehe

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 22:08 (3166 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

God Bless You, Cody.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:38 (3166 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've begun recording all of Dinklage's lines in the game for posterity. Most are mixed center, so a lot of them will be very very clean. I need to know if I have potentially missed anything:

2. Strikes

Other than 1st Time Patrol intros and Public Event lines, I think you have it covered. Bless you for your effort, Cody. Thank you!!

thumbs up!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:40 (3166 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Dinklebot preservation archive underway

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 22:08 (3166 days ago) @ Cody Miller

2. Strikes

Those would be the modes where the Ghost talks, yeah. The thing that'll be interesting is getting everything from patrols. The first time you do a patrol (possibly every time until you actually activate a beacon) there's a unique line after the generic patrol intro line about Guardians planting beacons and how we can use them to help the City. Other than that, there are at least three different patrol intro lines, several lines that can play when you complete a beacon mission, a few public event "hey pay attention" lines for when they start, some lines for when you accept a public event, maybe some for when you succeed, lines for when you fail, and a few that can pop up while the event is in progress, which I think only happen for warsat events.

It's minor, but...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 03:35 (3165 days ago) @ Cody Miller

2. Strikes

Don't forget that he talks at the beginning of The Undying Mind...

As for that Patrol one, he has a very rare line of dialogue when you do the Hole in The Wall mission (might show up elsewhere), where he makes a joke about Fallen and Intelligence... I hope you get that one too.

Dinklebot preservation archive underway

by car15, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 19:36 (3165 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Crucible

"Guardian down."

Alpha: That wizard came from the moon!

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 19:51 (3165 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Seriously though I'm never going to listen to this, except maybe to show my kid how bad we had it when I was younger, like when we had to walk to school and back, uphill, both ways.

I bet you could recruit some plucky data miner to extract the audio files directly from the game data for you.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 20:25 (3165 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I bet you could recruit some plucky data miner to extract the audio files directly from the game data for you.

That's against the "rules".

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 22:57 (3165 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I assume you've done this, but have you directly appealed to Bungie to help you with your project?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 23:17 (3165 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I assume you've done this, but have you directly appealed to Bungie to help you with your project?

I think he's referring to how lines were collected from Halo for HBO and the conditions that were put on that. (Speaking of which, no one's added any in a long time, have they? ;/)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread