So, The Exotics Stay? (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:42 (3167 days ago)

I remember people talking about things they should save before the Taken King, and I might as well ask--since they're changing up this whole Exotic thing, should I keep the VMM's I get until September, or just delete them now? Are they going to unlock anything special/new if I hold onto it?

I've already got one for each character, and I'm probably going to get more, too.

So, The Exotics Stay?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:47 (3167 days ago) @ Morpheus

Keep at least one of each until TTK drops. Your inventory/vault are added to your blueprint archives at that point.

So, The Exotics Stay?

by Earendil, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:48 (3167 days ago) @ Morpheus

Besides Bungie stating you shouldn't dismantle anything before TTK, I'd also suggest not doing it because it seems highly likely that the weapons will break down into a different material after the update.

So, The Exotics Stay?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 22:15 (3167 days ago) @ Morpheus

I remember people talking about things they should save before the Taken King, and I might as well ask--since they're changing up this whole Exotic thing, should I keep the VMM's I get until September, or just delete them now? Are they going to unlock anything special/new if I hold onto it?

I've already got one for each character, and I'm probably going to get more, too.

If you have any un-upgraded or not-unlocked exotics that are duplicates I'd say it's safe to dismantle them, I already did. You'll want to keep one copy of each exotic regardless of how upgraded it is (or even how good, because who knows how balancing will go) because that'll unlock the ability to get it again whenever you want for a cost of one exotic shard and some currency, and for certain exotics you'll be able to get a new version with different perks and apparently a higher maximum attack value.

VMM?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 23:32 (3167 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Vanguard Mentor Missives, I take it

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 23:52 (3167 days ago) @ ZackDark

The Exotic bounties.

Vanguard Mentor Missives, I take it

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 15:39 (3166 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

The Exotic bounties.

ohhh
Previously if you got a bounty and then some DLC hit they would give you a higher-attack weapon when you finish, but since they're changing things around and some weapons might not have higher attack versions, that might not be the case this time.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread