Thorn, Check. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 12:38 (3165 days ago)

I finally completed the Thorn bounty! And I never want to use the gun. I used to like hand cannons when I started playing destiny but I started liking other guns more. Taking a hand cannon in crucible is suicide for me, which is probably also why I don't do so well with snipers :-)

I started with Atheons Epilogue which was fun. But I moved to the crota hand cannon because I thought it would be easier to get kills. Which it was. But boy did I hate doing it. Most people have said that doing the Thorn bounty makes you play more cautious, but I found that when you are a titan, who sucks hand cannons and snipers, you are left with shotguns, fusion rifles, sticky grenades and Heavies. None of these really play to a cautious play style.

Overall it was a good experience. But I'm still not going to use Thorn. But the completionist in me is satisfied.

Congrats on completing it! It's an accomplishment.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, August 27, 2015, 12:59 (3165 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

On a Side Note

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 13:56 (3165 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Does anyone know why this guy didn't die!? I know you can get away from the second explosion effect of the grenade, but the first should kill someone without extra shield. Original video

If you blink at the right time you can survive being stuck.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 13:58 (3165 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Hard to tell if that's what he did, the sound on the original video isn't quite clear.

If you can handle his voice, this fella has a video on the subject.

One more reason to hate blinkers.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 14:00 (3165 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread