Black Hammer Nerf Makes sense (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:03 (3164 days ago)

So I hear that the Solar Titan has some kind of debuffing ability that makes it so all hits on an enemy crit for a short time, for you and your fireteam.

Now that Black Hammer nerf makes complete sense. It would have been nice for that ability to simply increase white damage so Black Hammer could be left alone, but whatever.

I feel like if Bungie had just said "We nerfed Black Hammer because a future class ability in TTK would completely break the game if used with Black Hammer", I think the reaction would have been better :-)

Black Hammer Nerf Makes sense

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:07 (3164 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So I hear that the Solar Titan has some kind of debuffing ability that makes it so all hits on an enemy crit for a short time, for you and your fireteam.

Also, when a Nightstalker has enemies bound all hits are crits.

Source?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:15 (3164 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

People who have played the game

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:16 (3164 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Source?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:17 (3164 days ago) @ CyberKN

Pretty much any of the PvP videos show yellow numbers on an enemy that's bound by Shadowshot. May change before launch of course.

Debunked?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:20 (3164 days ago) @ Xenos

Just googled "Nightstalker Gameplay Destiny", and watched a bit of the first video until the player used their super.

You can very clearly see that not all the hits used on tethered players are crits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WN-0E_xLp_c#t=140
(Jump to 2:20)

Debunked?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:21 (3164 days ago) @ CyberKN

Just googled "Nightalker Gameplay Destiny", and watched a bit of the first video until the player used their super.

You can very clearly see that not all the hits used on tethered players are crits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WN-0E_xLp_c#t=140
(Jump to 2:20)

May have changed then, I'm at work so I can't do hunting now, but I remember seeing several times a hunter shooting a player in the gut and yellow numbers were procing.

Here's a source from a quick Google search

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:25 (3164 days ago) @ CyberKN

Here's a source from a quick Google search

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:29 (3164 days ago) @ Xenos

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3g0j68/destiny_ttk_nightstalker_shadowshot_body_crit/

Okay, I guess that's a change from The E3 build to Gamescom. I feel like using the Yellow numbers just as an indicator that "you've done additional damage", as opposed to "you've hit a weak point" is a weird choice.

That'd be great against Minotaurs

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:09 (3164 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Not sure about that

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:11 (3164 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The ability I think you're referencing is a perk for the Titan's new Melee ability, which states "Burn away your target's defenses. While burning, targets are weakened to you and your allies"

It doesn't mention crits, and even if it did the target is only going to be weak for a few seconds, after which the titan has to wait for his melee to recharge.

Not sure about that *SP?*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:19 (3164 days ago) @ CyberKN

The ability I think you're referencing is a perk for the Titan's new Melee ability, which states "Burn away your target's defenses. While burning, targets are weakened to you and your allies"

It doesn't mention crits, and even if it did the target is only going to be weak for a few seconds, after which the titan has to wait for his melee to recharge.

Yeah that's true about the description. I think Cody came to this conclusion based on the strike video showing yellow numbers while the enemy burned.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:20 (3164 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah that's true about the description. I think Cody came to this conclusion based on the strike video showing yellow numbers while the enemy burned.

There was a reddit post someone made analyzing the vid: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3ildws/titans_melting_point_perk_increases_all_damage_by/

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 15:24 (3164 days ago) @ iconicbanana

There was a reddit post someone made analyzing the vid: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3ildws/titans_melting_point_perk_increases_all_damage_by/

If that's how it works, then not only is strength going to be important for a Solar Titan, but they are going to be a very useful support class now!

maximum support

by Raflection, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 20:24 (3164 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Raflection, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 20:27

1x Solar titan, 2x void titan, 1x solar warlock, 2x void hunter

This gameplay would be insane. Why can't I hold all these orbs of light?

[image]

Holy crikey!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 20:33 (3164 days ago) @ Raflection

It took me a minute to even realize what I was looking at!

Holy crikey!

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, August 28, 2015, 03:43 (3164 days ago) @ Beorn

It took me a minute to even realize what I was looking at!

I know they're orbs, but I can't actually see them that way. Where is this?

Crota's End, right before summoning Crota

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, August 28, 2015, 04:06 (3164 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

The amount of Orbs, though, is staggering, even for a full team of Bubble Bros.

What I don't get

by electricpirate @, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 18:11 (3164 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Now that Black Hammer nerf makes complete sense. It would have been nice for that ability to simply increase white damage so Black Hammer could be left alone, but whatever.

I feel like if Bungie had just said "We nerfed Black Hammer because a future class ability in TTK would completely break the game if used with Black Hammer", I think the reaction would have been better :-)

Except for one detail, in that Black hammer is going to be a pretty weak gun come TTK. I guess you could spam it and all, but it won't do much.

What I don't get is why do the nerf when the guns were all staying at year 1 power anyway (GHorn, Icebreaker, Black Hammer). It just makes people feel bad, and doesn't matter much for the future.

What I don't get

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 18:16 (3164 days ago) @ electricpirate

What I don't get is why do the nerf when the guns were all staying at year 1 power anyway (GHorn, Icebreaker, Black Hammer). It just makes people feel bad, and doesn't matter much for the future.

Because it will still matter for all pre-TTK PvE content.

What I don't get

by electricpirate @, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 20:09 (3164 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Because it will still matter for all pre-TTK PvE content.

Sort of. You'll get stuff that outclasses them pretty quickly.

What I don't get

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 27, 2015, 20:13 (3164 days ago) @ electricpirate

I don't think anything would outclass an infinite magazine 365 Black Hammer any time soon. IIRC, it has a higher DPS than even a Gjallarhorn during its two rockets.

What I don't get

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, August 28, 2015, 18:35 (3163 days ago) @ ZackDark

I don't think anything would outclass an infinite magazine 365 Black Hammer any time soon. IIRC, it has a higher DPS than even a Gjallarhorn during its two rockets.

the point was that BH won't really matter for new content, since it can't be leveled up, and the new stuff you get will be overpowered for lower level year 1 content.

My point is that it might not be enough for pre-nerf BH

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, August 28, 2015, 19:21 (3163 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

What I don't get

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 19:45 (3164 days ago) @ electricpirate

This is a great point!!! But it seems to be the way Bungie likes to balance Destiny. Instead of balancing everything upwards, they like to make some things better and some things worse (and other things better or worse unintentionally).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread