Where is the Carnage Zone picture from? (Off-Topic)

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 05:51 (3174 days ago)
edited by Funkmon, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 05:56

[image]

It occurred to me today that it's always been there since I've been following Bungie closely, so it would have to be from the 90s (I think). Where did this thing originate?

Mac Action Sack

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 07:35 (3174 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Mac Action Sack

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 07:47 (3174 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't see it on any of the packaging. Where was it?

Mac Action Sack

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 07:52 (3174 days ago) @ Funkmon

I don't see it on any of the packaging. Where was it?

It was a sticker inside the sack.

I think it's older than the MAS

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 08:20 (3174 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'll try to remember to post a photo when I get back next week, but it's actually screen printed on one side of the sack. I'm pretty sure they were using it before the MAS, though.

I think it's older than the MAS

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 09:25 (3173 days ago) @ Beorn

Oh, that would be great. Thanks, Beorn. I ALSO think it was in use before the Action Sack, as I remember when that released, but I don't remember the first spotting of the Carnage Zone.

It might be, though, IDK. Stickers fits with the Bungie box set theme. The Trilogy box set had those nifty Marathon stickers.

FWIW, I searched the MSP and HBO forums for more info and came up with nothing, other than remembering Hamish existed.

Mac Action Sack *pics*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 15:55 (3165 days ago) @ Funkmon

Please forgive the oil stains… Those are from when I’d strap the MAS to my bike and ride 10 miles into town to hang out at the Internet café with my buddy while we made Marathon maps and mods. :)

[image]
[image]

Mac Action Sack *pics*

by Funkmon @, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 16:00 (3165 days ago) @ Beorn

That's awesome! What are its dimensions or approximate size? Also, it's amazing your internet café had Macs at that time.

Mac Action Sack *pics*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 16:06 (3165 days ago) @ Funkmon

That's awesome! What are its dimensions or approximate size? Also, it's amazing your internet café had Macs at that time.

It’s approximately 9.5” x 12” laying flat.

And yeah, “J@ack’s Internet Café” was the coolest damn place in the world. They always had up-to-date Macs, big screens, and fast Internet access (their ISP was literally next door… I think they ran Ethernet cables through the wall for their hookup). I was so sad when they shut down.

Good times. :)

IIRC it was printed on the sack too.

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 13:09 (3173 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Where is the Carnage Zone picture from?

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 13:18 (3173 days ago) @ Funkmon

I got a sticker of that along with Marathon 2, I believe.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 13:18 (3173 days ago) @ Funkmon

I think it dates back to the first marathon. The early shirts had it.

by Matt, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 14:18 (3173 days ago) @ Kermit

Robt. McLees did the art, so it's definitely later than the first Marathon. The first product to feature it may have been the t-shirt.

–Matt

Aha! Now that is something to go on!

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 14:46 (3173 days ago) @ Matt

Robt. McLees did the art, so it's definitely later than the first Marathon. The first product to feature it may have been the t-shirt.

–Matt

The answer: probably from a shirt in Marathon days, per Kermit, but in 1995 or after, because it was designed by Robt McLees, per Matt (who's pretty much as good of a source as anyone will ever get, barring the man himself.)

Actually...I wonder if he could confirm that. Does Robt have a Twitter or something?

Thanks guys!

OT: Bungie Hat

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 15:22 (3173 days ago) @ Funkmon

I used to have a Bungie hat with the Carnage Zone logo on the back. Alas, it died a sad death and they don't sell one like it anymore. :(

Bungie Store

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 17:56 (3173 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Bungie really needs to get their shit together in regards to merch. They're always out of cool stuff, and they are missing a huge opportunity. You could throw literally any logo from Destiny on a t-shirt or other merch and it would look great.

Bungie Store

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 21:49 (3173 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Bungie really needs to get their shit together in regards to merch. They're always out of cool stuff, and they are missing a huge opportunity. You could throw literally any logo from Destiny on a t-shirt or other merch and it would look great.

Seems like they have. I tried to order a hat before PAX and they were out, but they've got them again, along with the glasses and some other stuff they were out of--not to mention new stuff.

Bungie Store

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 03:09 (3173 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm glad to hear it! Admittedly, I don't check as often as I used to.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread