Future Mars *DBO Wallpaper*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 03, 2013, 18:36 (3985 days ago)

This artwork is from a different DBO-releated project I'm working on, but I thought it would make a nice desktop picture (at least until next Monday when the floodgates open and I'm sure we get some new duds from Bungie). It's what I imagine a terraformed Mars might look like. Links below:

[image]
Future Mars
Future Mars (Desktop) (2560x1440, 1.4MB)
Future Mars (DBO Text Version) (2560x1440, 1.4MB)
Future Mars (iPad/tablet) (2048x2048, 4.1MB)
Future Mars (iPhone 5/smartphone) (1136x640, 1MB)
Future Mars (Older iPhone) (960x640, 0.8MB)

Enjoy! (And I can't wait to share what this is from…) :)

Nice!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 03, 2013, 18:39 (3985 days ago) @ Beorn

Does this mean Mars is DBO's official planet in Destiny? :)

Added to the desktop queue!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 03, 2013, 19:15 (3985 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Great stuff!

by Spawn ⌂, Monday, June 03, 2013, 19:49 (3985 days ago) @ Beorn

Great stuff!

Awesome!

by zumphry ⌂ @, Monday, June 03, 2013, 20:30 (3985 days ago) @ Beorn

I really, really like that. Mostly because it reminds me of the old Marathon Flare Star poster (but in a good way! [and because it's cool on it's own]).

i hope this doesn't come off like I think you copied it, i just was reminded of that...

Sweet Poster

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 03, 2013, 20:43 (3985 days ago) @ zumphry

I really, really like that. Mostly because it reminds me of the old Marathon Flare Star poster (but in a good way! [and because it's cool on it's own]).

i hope this doesn't come off like I think you copied it, i just was reminded of that...

Woah, that poster is awesome! I've actually never seen it before -- is it from the original Marathon release? I certainly see the similarities, and that makes me even more happy. Marathon is the whole reason I'm even here! :)

Sweet Poster

by zumphry ⌂ @, Monday, June 03, 2013, 21:13 (3985 days ago) @ Beorn

Woah, that poster is awesome! I've actually never seen it before -- is it from the original Marathon release? I certainly see the similarities, and that makes me even more happy. Marathon is the whole reason I'm even here! :)

Yep! (though I only know that since I'm one of the super, super crazy people who've attempted to read the entire MSP)

Somewhat off-topic, but I really wish Bungie'd re-sell/remake it. I think it'd look nice next to my Things You Should Not See and The Ancients posters when/if they sell the latter again in 2021 when they release Marathon: Pfhor.

Thanks P'fhor the link

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 03, 2013, 21:25 (3985 days ago) @ zumphry

Yep! (though I only know that since I'm one of the super, super crazy people who've attempted to read the entire MSP)

Somewhat off-topic, but I really wish Bungie'd re-sell/remake it. I think it'd look nice next to my Things You Should Not See and The Ancients posters when/if they sell the latter again in 2021 when they release Marathon: Pfhor.

Well there you have it! And I thought that was an "Accelerated for Power Macintosh" label at the bottom!

Thanks P'fhor the link

by zumphry ⌂ @, Monday, June 03, 2013, 21:35 (3985 days ago) @ Beorn

Well there you have it! And I thought that was an "Accelerated for Power Macintosh" label at the bottom!

There's also Marathon Trilogy by Bungee for 1 easy installment of $1500!

what game is this forum about? gnop? mythic?

Thanks P'fhor the link

by Oholiab @, Monday, June 03, 2013, 21:46 (3985 days ago) @ Beorn

Oh the memories! Marathon on my PowerPC!

Oh goodness me...

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 05:29 (3984 days ago) @ zumphry

That poster! :o

Beautiful! •NT•

by Axelrod vK, NC, USA, Monday, June 03, 2013, 20:39 (3985 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

by Cassandra075, Monday, June 03, 2013, 20:54 (3985 days ago) @ Beorn

Now we need the "World Builder" picture in the appropriate resolution for a background. I would loooovve that!

No Nexus Wallpaper

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Monday, June 03, 2013, 22:17 (3985 days ago) @ Beorn

DEVICIST!

No Nexus Wallpaper

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 03, 2013, 22:34 (3985 days ago) @ biggy

DEVICIST!

Damn straight!

I think the iPad/tablet version should work well. The Nexus can scale images, right?

No Nexus Wallpaper

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 06:03 (3984 days ago) @ Beorn

Yeup. I just tried the iPad version on my Galaxy Nexus and my Nexus 7 and it looks great (though I use Nova for my launcher and home screen configs). I had originally done the "large" image, but I thought it made the "D" too tiny on my screen.

by MastaSin, Wednesday, June 05, 2013, 19:32 (3983 days ago) @ Beorn

It looks pretty sweet! ;D

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 06, 2013, 08:01 (3982 days ago) @ Beorn

Fantastic. Putting this in the rotation.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread