Annnnnnnd.. not much.. to do this week.. (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 12:34 (3174 days ago)

So, it has been cool to check out the changes, but there's not.. really.. anything to do.

Not a bad thing, but with all my weapons XP maxed (thanks Bungie!), I don't need to do bounties..

With my last Elder Cipher having auto-completed, I don't need to PoE..

With the rewards for the Quests broken until 9/15, there's not much incentive to work on those..

And with the Strike playlist literally not offering any rewards, not much incentive to grind that to experience the formerly PS exclusive strikes..

-

I guess the only thing to really do this week is the Crucible preview, which I prefer PvE activities. So.... meh?

Annnnnnnd.. not much.. to do this week..

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 12:46 (3174 days ago) @ petetheduck

Yup, I'm with you. The only thing I've really done is log in with my rarely played characters and collect all the sweet exotics that auto-completed for me. I've also done some patrolling to try out my Lord of Wolves that I didn't have to do any work for... so I have that going for me, which is nice.

But yeah, I'm holding off on doing too much other than just nightfall and the armsday weapons to get to Level 1 with Banshee

There are the Field Test Weapons

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 12:47 (3174 days ago) @ petetheduck

But those are relatively fast to complete. Luckily, I do love PVP so im having a blast with Rift.

I've been doing the abandoned questlines.

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 12:55 (3174 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Glimmer farm

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 13:08 (3174 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 13:12 (3174 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm perfectly fine with that. I've been super busy trying to wrap up some projects before the 15th, so I haven't had time to play. I'm heading out in the morning for a 3 day hike in the Smokies, so I won't be playing this weekend. At least now I won't feel like I'm missing much.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 13:16 (3174 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm sure I'll make up for it in the coming weeks, but I don't seem myself playing much until 9/15, and THAT'S OKAY.

I'm discovering more and more that Destiny is better in moderation.

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 13:34 (3174 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm discovering more and more that Destiny is better in moderation.

This is so true... It's easy to get caught up in trying to burn through things first, just to do it (to get sweet loots first), or be on the front wave of things, but playing at a relaxed pace, and just fitting the game in where it easily fits in your life makes it so much better and easier to enjoy.

You can't really "miss out" in Destiny over the period of a few weeks. Sometimes the hype train makes it feel like your missing out, because people get so amped and excited, but to play at your pace, when you can, doing what you enjoy is best by far.

Hop into the crucible playlist.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 13:27 (3174 days ago) @ petetheduck

Rift is awesome! I know it's not your cup of tea, but we had a full DBO team and we had a lot of fun! Even Mercy Ruled two or three teams.

Yeah, the meat is really in the Crucible Preview

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 13:27 (3174 days ago) @ petetheduck

Which is fair, I think, as that is what was communicated. So if you aren't a huge fan of PvP, the update changed a few little things, and gave some light fare, but your meal comes on the 15th.

For me, I could play Rift and Mayhem for lots and lots of hours... I have only had about 3 hours since 2.0 dropped, but could easily play all weekend.

Even without the new game types, there is a background game happening where I am trying to remaster weapons in the crucible with the balance that happened... Turns out The Last Word mastery I had was my crutch. Sub note, in my group of 4-5 guys I play with several of the guys who routinely get sub 1.0 to 1.2 K/D's seemed to be thriving in the Crucible (going 4.0+ and 5.0+ a few times) in matches where I sucked it up (typically, 19 out of 20 matches I would score above these guys). So it seems to me, if you didn't like PvP before, it's worth giving a shot to this week! A great and effective playstyle is to play smart and cautious (keep distance) with a scout rifle or high stability pulse.

Also, as others have noted, your choices of weapon in the Crucible matter, no one size fits all encounter's weapons. With everyone adjusting to this, if you just pick a type of encounter to engage in, and pick weapons that match that encounter, you should do muy bueno in the Crucible. Good time for reentry or a fresh start.

I'm a PvE guy, but the PvP is better than ever.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 15:37 (3174 days ago) @ petetheduck

Had a lot of fun playing new maps and modes last night. Weapon balance is great! I'm not constantly being killed by Thorn!

Also, the Armsday guns are seriously some of the most beautiful designs in the game... or in any game.

I'm a PvE guy, but the PvP is better than ever.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 15:48 (3174 days ago) @ Leviathan

Also, the Armsday guns are seriously some of the most beautiful designs in the game... or in any game.

The Omolon sniper and fusion rifle are absolute stunners in the looks department.

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 10, 2015, 17:57 (3174 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread