Hmm... 360 Digital Download? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 14, 2015, 18:02 (3157 days ago)

So everything I've seen so far suggests that there WILL be a $40 digital download of the Taken King stuff for folks who already have the game plus the first two expansions... but I can't find it for the 360. (If I search the store, I can't even find it for the Xbox One -but if I go through the destinythegame.com website, and select the digital download offer for 360 THERE, it brings me to the Xbox store, and DOES allow me to buy the Xbox One version for $40. But not for the 360.)

Time's running a little short - does anyone have any idea how to get to the download link for the 360?

Thanks!

Hmm... 360 Digital Download?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 14, 2015, 18:06 (3157 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Seems like preordering digital downloads for the 360 have been problematic. Should be there at midnight your time.

This might help.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/146931788/0/0

According to the internet, 360 doesn't allow preorder of DLC

by Funkmon @, Monday, September 14, 2015, 18:13 (3157 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Dumb

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, September 14, 2015, 18:26 (3157 days ago) @ Funkmon

Why don't they just make it work exactly like the season pass for The Dark Below and House of Wolves? I could preorder that.

Dumb

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 14, 2015, 19:49 (3157 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Why don't they just make it work exactly like the season pass for The Dark Below and House of Wolves? I could preorder that.

It's probably something technical (perhaps based on size?). I bet the previous DLC packages are in the "DLC/Season Pass" channel whereas the Taken King is probably in the "new game" channel. Silly, I know, but supporting pre-ordering digital this odd case for an old platform was likely not considered worth it.

if midnight local time, I should switch to EST...or GMT

by kornman00, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:13 (3157 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

It's supposed to just show up on launch day in the store...?

by Monochron, Monday, September 14, 2015, 22:09 (3157 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

You can find it on Xbox One for those that need it.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 14, 2015, 22:10 (3157 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I don't remember exactly how I found it, but I preordered the $39.99 version the day after 2.0 dropped from the Xbox One store on my console.

Can't answer about 360, but just wanted folks to know it's possible to find on Xbox One if anyone is looking for it.

Still no sign

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 11:18 (3157 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Checked the 360 store after playing TK for a few hours. No sign of anything except the $60 and $80 special editions-- no $40 option.

In the director

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 12:44 (3157 days ago) @ narcogen

I was able to download it from the TTK icon in the director. It gives you an option to purchase the $40 edition or the Collector's Edition.

In the director

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 13:34 (3157 days ago) @ Oholiab

I was able to download it from the TTK icon in the director. It gives you an option to purchase the $40 edition or the Collector's Edition.

Yes, that seems to be the only place it shows up-- not in the regular online store at all.

agreed

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 13:41 (3157 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

In the director

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 13:48 (3157 days ago) @ narcogen

Yes, that seems to be the only place it shows up-- not in the regular online store at all.

Does to apply to XBone as well? Because I purchased it, but due to an error it wants me to reinstall it. However it's no longer available on the XBone Store.

You can get it from the XBone store on the web.

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 13:56 (3157 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

There is a link from B.Net if you need it.

It says it's only for the xbone though - not the 360

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 13:57 (3157 days ago) @ Monochron

Guess I'll just have to wait until I get home later to buy it.

Yeah exactly, he was asking about the Bone.

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 17:26 (3156 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I'm in the same 360 waiting game boat.

Multiple users on one system now dead.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 14:11 (3157 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Now accounts on the same Xbox 360 as one that bought TTK can no longer all access it like the previous DLCs. Each individual account has to spend the $40.

They did comment here
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/153847447/0/0/1

Hey there,

As a general rule, players will only be able to access the content that they own the license for. Features like “Gameshare” are not supported by Bungie. This is subject to Platform policy. Here are some helpful links to learn about how content is shared across the different platforms on which you can play Destiny.

•Activating a console as your Primary PS4
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/activation.html
•Sub/Master accounts
http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/169/~/sub-accounts-and-master-accounts

•Xbox Home Settings
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/my-home-xbox

For more information, you will need to contact either PlayStation or Xbox Support.

I'm pretty sure it is in the terms of service that buying content gives anyone on that box rights to play it. A lot of people are pissed on B.net, families with kids and whatever. Hopefully it gets changed. I know this is aimed at Gameshare but I don't think that can really go away on 360 at this point, and they only mentioned next gen in their post.

I did find a work around but it's going to be annoying to do every time.

What's the workaround?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 14:13 (3157 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

- No text -

Also, if this isn't fixed I may quit Destiny for good

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 14:17 (3157 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Sounds like MS and Bungie are looking into the issue

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 15:15 (3156 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I think the posting by the Bungie support rep was worded really, really poorly. They were trying to say "Go ask Microsoft or Sony since it's not our responsibility to make sure that it works".

What's the workaround?

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 15:46 (3156 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Sign in with both the account that bought it AND the one that didn't, load up into Destiny with the one you want to play all the way to planet select, then sign out the account that has it purchased. It lets you play, but you have to do it every time.

I figured it out ages ago with the Halo 3 Mythic II maps because only my roommate bought the collectors edition.

What's the workaround?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 16:00 (3156 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE
edited by Blackt1g3r, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 16:42

Someone posted on the Bungie forums that they deleted the TTK content, signed into both accounts, then opened Destiny and downloaded the content. They claim that fixed it permanently for them. I'm going to try signing in to both accounts when I buy it later today to see if that works.

What's the workaround?

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 16:18 (3156 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I'll give that a test in a few minutes.

Update

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 17:04 (3156 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

As far as I can tell I'm following what he did and it isn't permanent. The rest of the method is pretty much what I've already been doing.

At least it seems you can keep using the new class if you unlock them even if you don't bother with the sign in nonsense. I don't think you can get it without TTK normally.

Well that's annoying - oh well

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 17:08 (3156 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

I'll probably just call MS if it doesn't work. Maybe they'll have a workaround by then.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 00:48 (3156 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I'll probably just call MS if it doesn't work. Maybe they'll have a workaround by then.

I don't think this is an issue they're going to work around. This is a new policy specifically designed to prevent the earlier ability to use one purchase on multiple accounts or consoles.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 12:13 (3156 days ago) @ narcogen

The limitations on use specifically state that anyone can use it on the first console you download it to. On any other console, only the account that purchased it can use it.

Multiple users on one system now dead.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 17:12 (3156 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

May just wait till they get the digital download figured out before getting this then, so I don't have to worry about this crap.

The Costly King

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 00:47 (3156 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

Now accounts on the same Xbox 360 as one that bought TTK can no longer all access it like the previous DLCs. Each individual account has to spend the $40.

Not just each individual account. Each account per platform.

Because I preordered Destiny as a digital download before launch, as well as bought the expansion pass, this is what I paid so that I could play Destiny online on my Xbox One, and I could also play couch co-op at home with my wife on our two old 360s:

$60 Destiny
$40 Expansion Pass
$100 total

That's it. The upgrade from 360 to Xbox One was included in the price, and because both were regular purchases in the Game Marketplace, and not in-game purchases, the usual rules apply-- content can be used by the account holder who purchased it, and by any user on the console it was originally purchased on.

Now, enter the Taken King:

$40 Taken King, Narcogen on Xbox One
$40 Taken King, Narcogen on Xbox 360 #1
$40 Taken King, Narc's wife on Xbox 360 #2
$120 total

So that's $20 more to play just one of three expansions for a game I already owned on two platforms and three consoles. I got perhaps a better deal than would be usual to start with, but now the deal is worse. For each new expansion it will presumably be the same-- I'll need to buy three copies (or another new console, but I can barely stand the Xbox One I have).

This has nothing to do with enforcing platform rules, it appears designed to skirt platform policy specifically with regard to marketplace content and what you're allowed to do with it.

I suppose Bungie just figured they hadn't gotten enough of my money over the past 25 years.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 18:11 (3156 days ago) @ Claude Errera

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 18:20 (3156 days ago) @ BeardFade
edited by Oholiab, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 18:27

I may be misunderstanding your question, but... I was able to purchase TTK from the Director. I know of no other way to purchase it.

EDIT: if you read the fine print on the Xbox/Microsoft store, it says that if you own Vanilla, HOW, and TDB, then you can purchase the digital download "in game". That's all I got.

Interestingly, it merely unlocked the content. The "download" was 108 KB. Yes, kilobytes. All the content was already on the HD.

Though I'm a work, Isaac has played the new content on one 360 and James on the other. Looks like all is well on our end.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 20:47 (3156 days ago) @ Oholiab

yes, but I have mine on two Xboxes, and I'd like to maintain that. I want to buy one copy, and download it again on my second Xbox, like I have previously. That way my wife can play on the xbox I bought it on, but my account can play it on either. From what people were saying above, it sounded like I could no longer do that. Is that what you did with your familiy? I imagine with all your accounts you might have to buy it twice, similar to Robot & Rellekh.

Terms and Conditions

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 20:59 (3156 days ago) @ BeardFade

Based on the terms and conditions, you shouldn't need to, but there may be a bug which prevents it from working. I'm going to go ahead and get it and if I have issues I'll call MS customer support.

Terms and Conditions

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 21:36 (3156 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Just so I'm clear, where is the TTK Director, I haven't seen it yet (or known that's what I'm looking at).

The director is the map-thing you choose the planet

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 22:07 (3156 days ago) @ BeardFade

Where in it you buy TTK, beats me, but I'd guess by Saturn's node (which should be to right and transparent to you)

Terms and Conditions

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 22:19 (3156 days ago) @ BeardFade

I'm only speaking for the 360...

The director is the "set destination"... destination. There's a flashing, reddish icon (TTK symbol) near the middle of the screen. Click A for "more info", then you get the purchase options.

Yes, I have two XBL accounts.

Terms and Conditions

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 00:30 (3156 days ago) @ Oholiab

I found it and bought it, thanks guys. Haven't tried the transfer yet. But I think it'll work just fine.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread