Special Emblem redeemable on Talk Like a Pirate Day? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, September 14, 2015, 19:04 (3157 days ago)

On my redeemed codes page on bungie.net it says this:

Emblem: Star Antigen     Pick up your emblem at the Emblem Kiosk in the Tower. Bonus: What day might you parrot Long John Silver, and what code might you enter then?

(found out about this from reddit)

So... What code do we enter on Saturday (Talk like a pirate day)? RRR-RRR-RRR?

BTW, can we update the Redemption Code Reference to include TTK emblem? "3VF-LGC-RLX"

Special Emblem redeemable on Talk Like a Pirate Day?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, September 14, 2015, 19:24 (3157 days ago) @ dogcow

Maybe ARR-RRR-RRR or ARR-ARR-ARR?

by Raflection, Monday, September 14, 2015, 20:20 (3157 days ago) @ dogcow

YAR-HAR-HAR

Did that work?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, September 14, 2015, 20:32 (3157 days ago) @ Raflection

- No text -

Nope. Plus its not talk like a pirate day

by Raflection, Monday, September 14, 2015, 20:34 (3157 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

or at least make up for not getting the b.net 10 year emblem

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 00:32 (3157 days ago) @ dogcow

If I could have a PAS emblem that would make me soo happy

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 00:38 (3157 days ago) @ dogcow

Emblem: Star Antigen     Pick up your emblem at the Emblem Kiosk in the Tower. Bonus: What day might you parrot Long John Silver, and what code might you enter then?

(found out about this from reddit)

So... What code do we enter on Saturday (Talk like a pirate day)? RRR-RRR-RRR?

BTW, can we update the Redemption Code Reference to include TTK emblem? "3VF-LGC-RLX"

I don't know if it was like this when you went to your redeemed codes page, but I had a blue button that said Use Now. I clicked it and it worked!

Good mornin’ to ye scurvey nags!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 12:06 (3153 days ago) @ dogcow

Emblem: Star Antigen - Pick up your emblem at the Emblem Kiosk in the Tower. Bonus: What day might you parrot Long John Silver, and what code might you enter then?

It’s Talk Like a Pirate Day! I tried “RRR-RRR-RRR” and “AAA-RRR-GGG” before I realized that the clue might be a little more… discerning given the Treasure Island theme. Long John Silver is famous for the ditty, “Fifteen men on the Dead Man's Chest / Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum! / Drink and the devil had done for the rest / Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!”

I thought maybe the first letters of “yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum,” but that’s only eight characters (and O and B are invalid characters for the code page, anyway). I don’t want to lock myself out of the code redemption page for the day, so I thought we could post our tries here and come up with a solution?

Edit: Food for thought – What if the ‘parrot’ part of the clue refers to Silver’s parrot, Captain Flint, who would say pirate phrases like, "Pieces of Eight!” and such?

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 12:24 (3153 days ago) @ Beorn

Just tried ARR-ARR-ARR which failed. Alas, combined with my earlier attempts that failure was enough to close the portal for me and I can't try any until tomorrow.

-- Steve's only mildly disappointed, though. There's so much nifty stuff outside of this he can't use even a tithe of the shaders & emblems he's collected.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 14:24 (3152 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Just tried ARR-ARR-ARR which failed. Alas, combined with my earlier attempts that failure was enough to close the portal for me and I can't try any until tomorrow.

-- Steve's only mildly disappointed, though. There's so much nifty stuff outside of this he can't use even a tithe of the shaders & emblems he's collected.

Turns out it's ARR-RRR-RRR...

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 14:27 (3152 days ago) @ Korny

Turns out it's ARR-RRR-RRR...

Crud. Thought I'd tried that one. What'd it drop?

-- Steve may have tried it too early, come to think of it.

3 Strange Coins, I believe

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 14:29 (3152 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

- No text -

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 14:48 (3152 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)
edited by Pyromancy, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 14:52

Im pretty sure I tried that one really early this morning after the tower daily reset. Now im locked out!

There are still some amazingly intriguing mysteries in the collectors edition that need to be examined.

[image]

If someone else starts a dedicated thread here on DBO I would jump in to that head first.

Does anyone remeber how to find the DBO thread for the original collector edition code solving? My search skills are failing. Im thinking reviewing that might give some ideas

Collectors Edition(s)?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, September 21, 2015, 02:05 (3151 days ago) @ Pyromancy

There are still some amazingly intriguing mysteries in the collectors edition that need to be examined.

[image]

Does anyone remeber how to find the DBO thread for the original collector edition code solving? My search skills are failing. Im thinking reviewing that might give some ideas

I wonder if possibly the lines extending from the tree when enlarged and overlayed could possibly line up with the radial from Ghost Edition last year. (though it has no reference point for alignment)

[image]

Or maybe they would line up with the "compass" on the top of the Ghost Edition's Freehold Station (Clovis Bray) postcard.

[image]

Need help identifying each piece of Gear pictured in the CE

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, September 27, 2015, 01:02 (3145 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Ive really only been able to barely play my Warlock all this time. My exposure to gear has been very limited.

I was able to identify the Hunter's NightStalkers Cloak but I need help with the rest.

Anyone recognize this chest piece? *IMG*

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, September 27, 2015, 17:10 (3144 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Ive really only been able to barely play my Warlock all this time. My exposure to gear has been very limited.

I was able to identify the Hunter's NightStalkers Cloak but I need help with the rest.

[image]
I'm thinking Titan class?

Hunter. It's an exotic in the b.net armoury.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, September 27, 2015, 17:17 (3144 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Thanks, Korny!

by Funkmon @, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 14:52 (3152 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread