Dear Bungie: Can we please not do this next year? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 14, 2015, 22:59 (3157 days ago)

[image]

That's my The Taken King Collectors Edition shipment from GameStop. Scheduled to arrive a day late. Even though I preordered it and game them a card number three months ahead of time. I'm not going to be too upset if it really does arrive a day late, but I am left with some nagging questions:

1. Why am I going to be one of the last ones to play The Taken King even though I showed my loyalty through a larger payment and a preorder that was so limited I had to scramble to even get it?
2. Why does the download code for The Taken King have to be trapped in my box of goodies? Why can't it be emailed to me so I can play the same day everyone else can?
3. In a day or two I'll have two physical copies of Destiny. Assuming there's a neato Collector's Edition next year am I going to end up buying a 3rd Destiny disk?

I get that a full, everything's included, edition of Destiny is still a good idea to get new people into the game, but I don't need that. What I want is a edition that gives me the neat physical collectors items but gets me access to the game the same day as all the people who click Buy on the Xbox store mid afternoon. As it is right now, it's very likely someone buying Destiny digitally at 7pm on Wednesday will get to play The Taken King before I do.

And that just seems silly. :/

Dear Bungie: Can we please not do this next year?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:06 (3157 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And the worst? You just get a download code in the box. Taken King isn't even on the disc you're given! Knowing that, why didn't you order it digitally? Just curious.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:12 (3157 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Probably because the digital one doesn't come with a steel case and the book with the cards and the coin and all that.

Anyway, mine is expected to arrive around the 18th. We'll see if I'm willing to wait that long for it, or if I'll have a spare code to pass along.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:15 (3157 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Probably because the digital one doesn't come with a steel case and the book with the cards and the coin and all that.

Oh of course. I was confusing that with the 60 dollar physical edition.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:13 (3157 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And the worst? You just get a download code in the box. Taken King isn't even on the disc you're given! Knowing that, why didn't you order it digitally? Just curious.

Because he wants the physical goodies.

It's why I bought the collector's edition from a physical store.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:16 (3157 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Strange Coin, mainly. I'll be enjoying it after this mild frustration is long passed. :)

But yes, this current system for physical collectors editions is pretty dumb. I'm paying more, sooner, and securing my spot months in advance yet I didn't get the free nextgen upgrade that people who bought the bog standard versions of Destiny got last year and now I'm probably going to have to wait to play this year. There's got to be a better way!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:14 (3157 days ago) @ Ragashingo

1.) Stop pre-ordering. See what it got you?

2.) You won't be one of the last ones. I might have the expansion by Christmas.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 03:46 (3157 days ago) @ Revenant1988

1.) Stop pre-ordering. See what it got you?

And see what NOT pre-ordering gets you?

But to you, Raga--Funkmon is right--Bungie has nothing to do with the shipping and delivery points of online orders.

And the reason the codes are in the physical box and not online is because you bought the physical box, and not the digital versions. If they had that both ways, you could get the codes by e-mail early enough, use 'em, and cancel the ship. Not a good look.

Blame Gamestop.

by Funkmon @, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:18 (3157 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Blame Gamestop.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:32 (3157 days ago) @ Funkmon

I don't think they allow this. But can someone else confirm that you cannot preorder online and then go into the physical store of your choice and have them move the online preorder to be picked up at their store.

I preordered mine online to secure a copy and then went into my local store and preordered again for physical pick up and then cancelled my online order in the store.

It's basically the same thing, but one requires you to preorder two copies and then cancel one. And the other is to switch your preorder from delivery to pick up.

Blame Gamestop.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:57 (3157 days ago) @ unoudid

The online version did not allow instore pickup, but I tried to do what you did.

They were out, but I've made "friends" with one of Gamestop employees and he worked the phones and got their "backup" copy. They were allocated maybe eight legendary editions per store.

Confirmed

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 00:20 (3157 days ago) @ Kermit

I asked the question in Store and they said they can't change them over. But you can try calling customer service and have them switch it over to your local store but they couldn't do it themselves.

Confirmed

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 00:22 (3157 days ago) @ unoudid

It must be too late for them to actually reroute inventory, even if they wanted to though, right?

Confirmed

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 00:23 (3157 days ago) @ Vortech

You can try. But I tried this the day the collectors edition was announced and had no luck in store

I'm in the same rotten boat. Can I SharePlay it for a day?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:27 (3157 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread