Taken King Soundtrack now for sale in the Bungie Store (Destiny)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:35 (3158 days ago)

Instead of only selling through iTunes and the Amazon store (grr...) this time Bungie's selling the digital download version of the Taken King soundtrack directly from their Store. As a bonus, if you buy it there you get a code for an extra in-game emblem.

-- Steve just threw his money at the screen and it's downloading now, but he won't play it until after he's finished the story line to preserve the experience.

PS: It's fairly big; I gather it has versions of each track in mp3 and in lossless format(s).

Taken King Soundtrack now for sale in the Bungie Store

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:38 (3158 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

It being digital from them is a big deal to me. I was going to go with iTunes, but I'm now highly considering my options. We'll see tomorrow how the prices work out...

Buying it from the Bungie Store gets you an emblem.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:39 (3158 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[image]

Buying it from the Bungie Store gets you an emblem.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 00:00 (3157 days ago) @ CyberKN

I alreadys got Song of Spheres and Sign of Opposing Will. Can't get much more exclusive than those two! That new one is pretty, though! :)

What if history had played out differently?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 01:48 (3157 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[image]

Hitting the VoG now to try & change history.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 12:36 (3157 days ago) @ CyberKN

For the awesomeness of that emblem I'd go back in time.

Just wish they'd add the original ST too; I hate iTunes.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:44 (3158 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Taken King Soundtrack now for sale in the Bungie Store

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:39 (3158 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

PS: It's fairly big; I gather it has versions of each track in mp3 and in lossless format(s).

"The Taken King Original Soundtrack Digital Edition includes over two hours of music in MP3 format, high-quality Apple Lossless, and FLAC formats for a superior audio experience."

Yup.

ALAC and FLAC? That's dedication.

by Funkmon @, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:43 (3158 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I searched Amazon for it and caught a blast from the past!

by Funkmon @, Monday, September 14, 2015, 23:53 (3157 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IJ22MB6/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

I saw a track called Taken on some album with the word Destiny in it. And who composed it? Justin Durban! Of Edgen Animations fame! He wrote a ton of fantastic Halo fan music. I found the first one on youtube.

Download it from HBO here
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/edgen_halo.mp3

Anyway, search Edgen on HBO and find MP3s to the rest of it. He's top notch. Listened to some of his non Halo compositions too. He's good!

Boo-ungie

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 00:19 (3157 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Ok, so I'm not that botherd by this, I just wanted to make the simpsons reference. But still, Neither soundtrack is on Apple Music.

Put it on Apple Music.

I doubt it will be

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 00:32 (3157 days ago) @ Vortech

The original Destiny soundtrack isn't on Apple Music (and before anyone asks, I do know it's on iTunes). But this version is a 1.8GB download with Apple Lossless, FLAC, and MP3 versions, which I'm content with.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread