[spoiler free] This is the game we should have had last year (Destiny)

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 07:45 (3157 days ago)

Only finished the first mission, but wow.

If the rest of The Taken King is anything like that, I'm excited again.

HYPE!

by R41, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 08:22 (3157 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

[spoiler free] This is the game we should have had last year

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 08:45 (3157 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Oh man. Still not disappointed.

In the words of Sir Paul, there's hope for the future.

[spoiler free] Three missions in: I agree. Wow

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 09:45 (3157 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Also, dat hammer of Sol. My new love

Incredible.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 10:01 (3157 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I had a huge smile on my face the entire time, even if I woke up 2 hours early to play this morning!

Inb4 Cody disagrees

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 10:49 (3157 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

TakenKingisNotCanon.net

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 11:20 (3157 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

"Needs less grind. Should be harder to level up."

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 14:46 (3157 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Inb4 Cody disagrees

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 14:51 (3157 days ago) @ someotherguy

So far it's what I would have expected Destiny to be on launch. As soon as I finished the story, tons and tons of other quests opened up to me. You know, the whole "game starts at level 20" thing.

The jury is out on the grinding, seeing as how I've only played it a little.

4 or 5 missions in... It's fantastic. I'm totally loving it

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 14:56 (3157 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

They are great!

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 15:02 (3157 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I am actually excited to play back through the missions on my other characters. on Vanilla destiny and its previous installments, I LOATHED going back through the boring missions. I was telling Petetheduck this morning about how its nice to play actual missions, instead of "ride your sparrow for 80% of the time, then shoot things".

Character personalities are great, Eris is weird, Cayde is hilarious, even Nolan North's Openining Dialogue before the first mission fit. It made me appreciate the switch from dinkelbot.

They are great!

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 15:14 (3157 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I am actually excited to play back through the missions on my other characters. on Vanilla destiny and its previous installments, I LOATHED going back through the boring missions. I was telling Petetheduck this morning about how its nice to play actual missions, instead of "ride your sparrow for 80% of the time, then shoot things".

Character personalities are great, Eris is weird, Cayde is hilarious, even Nolan North's Openining Dialogue before the first mission fit. It made me appreciate the switch from dinkelbot.

This. Nolanbot has come into his own with the TTK stuff. It sort of gives him context.

And Cayde is obviously great, as is Eris. They're all awesome, actually. I'm really digging the new stuff, about five missions in, I think.

I just finished the mission where you got back to the moon for a shard of Crota's soul.

Taking a break for some pizza then I'm going back in!

They are great!

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 15:27 (3157 days ago) @ cheapLEY

ha, i definitely cant spell today. Openining....

I'm about 30-45 min away from being able to play, so exited

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 15:03 (3157 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

y'all are driving me crazy, about 7 hrs till i get on

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 16:09 (3157 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

So you're saying I should buy it?

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 17:25 (3157 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Stuck to my guns and refused to preorder. It sounds like you all are really liking the new xpac though? Anyone care to post a spoiler free review?

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 18:14 (3157 days ago) @ Kahzgul

The first 5-6 missions make up the main body of the 'single player' story. They're much more like what you would expect from a Halo game than Destiny, with non-linear explorations, actual storytelling, characters, and *gasp* cutscenes!

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 19:01 (3157 days ago) @ HavokBlue

That sounds great.

How are the new weapons, armor, strikes, enemies? Was the gunsmith preview just a small taste of a wide ranging array of new and interesting perks or was it the whole thing disguised as a preview? Too soon to tell? Are the new enemies as predictable as the old ones or have they surprised you with their AI? I've heard the strikes are different each time (if only to a small degree)... true? How did they feel?

I'm so full of curiosity!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 19:03 (3157 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 19:10

Anyone care to post a spoiler free review?

It's better than any other expansion, except for the music which is mostly lacking in… personality for lack of a better term.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 19:15 (3157 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's better than any other expansion, except for the music which is mostly lacking in… personality for lack of a better term.

But is it *twice as good*? You know, 'cause price.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 19:16 (3157 days ago) @ Kahzgul

But is it *twice as good*? You know, 'cause price.

27/16ths as good.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 21:17 (3157 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Shit man, that's good enough for me.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread