Missing pre-order bonus? (Destiny)

by nomis78, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 09:43 (3178 days ago)

hey guys just wondering if anyone else seems to be missing things that they should have?

Looks like im missing the suros arsenal and red bull items from my games :/ Am i looking in the wrong place?

I got the post master package for the suros emblem and shader before TTK came out but im not seeing the guns anywhere. I assumed theyd be at the vanguard quarter master but all i see there is the vanguard armoury (all be it updated for TTK)

As for the red bull stuff, no hide nor hair despite entering the code a few weeks ago

Missing pre-order bonus?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 12:10 (3178 days ago) @ nomis78

hey guys just wondering if anyone else seems to be missing things that they should have?

Looks like im missing the suros arsenal and red bull items from my games :/ Am i looking in the wrong place?

I got the post master package for the suros emblem and shader before TTK came out but im not seeing the guns anywhere. I assumed theyd be at the vanguard quarter master but all i see there is the vanguard armoury (all be it updated for TTK)

As for the red bull stuff, no hide nor hair despite entering the code a few weeks ago

Go to the Vanguard Quartermaster (the robot by the shipmaster). BTW, the guns are basically worthless or will be soon.

Missing pre-order bonus?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 12:14 (3178 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah I didn't find them until after I finished the main quest line and was at level 40. I didn't even bother picking them up. :/

Missing pre-order bonus?

by nomis78, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 12:20 (3178 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Fair enough, thanks.

Any ideas about red bull stuff?

Missing pre-order bonus?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 12:37 (3178 days ago) @ nomis78

Fair enough, thanks.

Any ideas about red bull stuff?

Do a bunch of bounties and consume the buff right before you turn them in. Ding! Ding! Ding!

Missing pre-order bonus?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 12:39 (3178 days ago) @ Kermit

Oh, some say use the buff after you get your new subclass. I wasn't that smart.

Missing pre-order bonus?

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 12:41 (3178 days ago) @ Kermit

I did this, and found it helps quit a bit, along with the collectors edition class items. however, I have noticed, EVERYTHING takes FOREVER to level up. Im glad that they have the weapon upgrade nodes on the armor now. I was wondering why they were there.

Missing pre-order bonus?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 15:58 (3178 days ago) @ Kermit

Oh, some say use the buff after you get your new subclass. I wasn't that smart.

I had about equal play time on my Hunter and Warlock.

On my warlock I just turned bounties in and then started the new subclass quest and finished at around 240 light with 9 bubbles left to max the subclass.

On my hunter I waited to turn in my bounties til after I got the subclass unlocked and finished the day at 240 light with 6 bubbles left.

It really helped a lot to wait to use the code with the bounties.

Missing pre-order bonus?

by Phoenix_9286 @, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 12:55 (3178 days ago) @ Kermit

Go to the Vanguard Quartermaster (the robot by the shipmaster). BTW, the guns are basically worthless or will be soon.

They scale with your level, so while they'll eventually be worthless, they aren't entirely worthless. I picked a few up for my 16 Hunter and I'm loving them. I think what I love best is how salty everyone on Bnet seems to be about it. Their tears are delicious. I won't argue that their value was misrepresented, but ffs, they were a stupid freebie bonus. It's not THAT big a deal. Also, good starting weapons that scale with your character? Never a bad thing. And the glimmer you have to plunk down to get them is nothing.

PSA: You get these just for buying the game, preorder or no

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 15:21 (3178 days ago) @ nomis78

- No text -

Only if you played day one

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 16:57 (3178 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Saw this when I was researching 360 options.

If you are seeing “Coming Soon”, Destiny: The Taken King – Digital Edition may not be available for your console, or in your region at this current time. When this edition becomes available, it will be reflected at this website: http://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/wheretobuy#

Does this affect my ability to qualify for the weapon pack offers?

All Day 1 Taken King players will automatically qualify for additional weapon pack offers.

Interesting.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 17:16 (3178 days ago) @ Kermit

Past "pre-order" bonuses such as Fallout 3 at Gamestop, Dying Light, and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 all were awarded well after the launch, but they were also all via pack-in codes that were inside the packaging of the games. I figured Destiny would be the same, but then as a purely digital download it makes sense that they could nix that.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread