Anyone else noticing more connection errors? (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 22:52 (3167 days ago)

I keep getting hit with weasel errors. You know, the error that conveniently kicks you entirely out of Destiny. The one where it says that if I'm consistently getting the error, I should follow the Network Troubleshooting Guide. But nothing in the guide is valid or works, because the problem is, and I'm 100% sure of this, on Bungie's end.

Yeah, I'm frustrated. The positive of why I'm so frustrated is because I've really been enjoying myself in the Taken King. This has been a very fantastic change (although I'm still working my way through the story, and am still only a level 36 at this point). I'd really love to continue uninterrupted!

I seriously hope Bungie flips the Sim City switch somewhere down the line and drops the "online only" bits or something. These disconnects aren't enjoyable. :(

Anyone else noticing more connection errors?

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 23:47 (3167 days ago) @ Avateur

I seriously hope Bungie flips the Sim City switch somewhere down the line and drops the "online only" bits or something.

For functional stability with constantly-active seamless matchmaking, Destiny was architected to run high-level mission scripting and stuff on dedicated servers. It's highly unlikely that there's a separate local execution path that could be enabled with a "Sim City switch", and it probably wouldn't be trivial to make that happen.

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 01:38 (3167 days ago) @ uberfoop

I seriously hope Bungie flips the Sim City switch somewhere down the line and drops the "online only" bits or something.

For functional stability with constantly-active seamless matchmaking, Destiny was architected to run high-level mission scripting and stuff on dedicated servers. It's highly unlikely that there's a separate local execution path that could be enabled with a "Sim City switch", and it probably wouldn't be trivial to make that happen.

I'll grant you that there's probably no "Easy Button" fix for this, but you've got to agree there's SOMETHING wrong when Destiny barfs me back to the Dashboard saying "You're not connected to the internet"...while my wife is sitting next to me watching Netflix on her laptop - clearly my router is still connected to the internet just fine. That's Bungie's ball to return.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 03:10 (3167 days ago) @ Avateur

Yeah. I was playing with Lawnmower and SteelGaribaldi this evening. Lawnmower got dropped with I don't remember which code, I got weaseled, SteelGaribaldi got an anteater and something else at one point, then he couldn't rejoin my Fireteam, etc.

Still, despite the problems, a really fun, productive night. Figuring things out in the Dreadnaught is fun, and thankfully there's a lot more than "Find the right key for the named chest."

had a friend get booted while fighting a champion

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 11:24 (3167 days ago) @ Avateur

He was about at half health, and my friend gets booted to the main menu. He had already finished that quest, so my other friend and I go ahead and finish him off. Right after he died, my first friend rejoins and it then kicks all three of us to the main screen.

After that, i couldn't connect to destiny servers. I quit and restarted and still couldn't connect. After a hard reset of my XBONE, I was able to finally get back on.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 11:30 (3167 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

He was about at half health, and my friend gets booted to the main menu. He had already finished that quest, so my other friend and I go ahead and finish him off. Right after he died, my first friend rejoins and it then kicks all three of us to the main screen.

After that, i couldn't connect to destiny servers. I quit and restarted and still couldn't connect. After a hard reset of my XBONE, I was able to finally get back on.

Yeah, I was in a three man fire team just picking stuff up at the tower and two of use got booted, I wasn't even given a proper animal/insect error either. I managed to get back in after about 10 minutes, but my bro had to wait a good 45 minutes.

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 11:30 (3167 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Yeah I lost connection to the servers last night during the boss fight of the daily. Although it turned out to be kind of a good thing, since I was way under leveled (under-lighted?) and probably had no chance of beating it. So I just went to bed.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread